Archaeology Missions

Is the only way to get Archaeology missions from the item you can purchase for restored artifacts? I haven't gotten one of these missions since I used all 300 of my boxes up on them. I haven't done any digsites since 6.1, do you get a mission for completing them?

If i remember correctly there was a blue post about temporarily disabling those missions for whatever reason. I gues they are bugged or something

They said "Relic and Bounty missions are no longer being offered." Still have got 0 answer for Blizzard about that. Only got three of those mission on all my characters and didn't saw any more after day one. The good new is I got the mission once on the 6.1.2 PTR, but I haven't saw any pop again, having only on character on the PTR don't help. I just hope you can have more then one mission each time there is a patch...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Yeah I wonder why they got rid of these. Shame really, even on non-Archaeologist toons, you could mail they Keystones

Exploration missions are indeed purchased from the vendor in Warspear (Horde). At the moment there are two known bugs relating to the completion of the related achievement:

1. If you purchased any of the treasure maps for each area of Draenor, you cant complete the relevant achievement progress as the mission wont give you the map again - to be fixed in an upcoming release; and
    2. If you purchase more than one of the mission items (Explorer's Notebook) with restored artifacts, you can only have one exploration mission ready to go at a time. It used to be that you could have as many in your log as you wanted, but since the latest release if you try to queue up more than one before sending a follower on the mission, the next one wont appear in your log, and the item will be used up. See blue posts in official forums (i cant post links so search for "more than one exploration mission wow" in Google and select the second link for official forums titled "Explorer's Notebook - Forums - World of Warcraft" dated 11 Mar 15).