elemental shamy - how do you cast earthquake

Hey guys,

Im a new elemental shaman, just respeced from resto, and although i think i am doing good DPS, im at 38k in heroic maiddens at 677 ilevel with 2 tier bonus, i think that i am taking too much time to cast earthquake after chain lightning.
    Im looking for macros or mouseover addons that help me cast earthquake at my current target without having to waste time positioning the circle after clicking my keybinder.
    Thanks in advance.

You should be able to hotkey and place EQ shortly before the CL cast finishes. It works the same way you can set your next cast before your current cast ends.

I think you asking for a macro that would place earthquake under your current target and that is just not possible with ground targeted abilities.

Your best best is to just learn how to keybind instead of clicking on abilities.

I don't think that's possible for ground effects. Some abilities have glyphs that change their behavior in that regard, but Earthquake is not one of them.

You should try to get used to using easily accessible keybinds (Q, E, Z, X, C, etc.) instead of clicking abilities anyway. Having to click abilities will always be a DPS loss.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

thanks for the answers.
    what i wanted was that macro that places earthquake under my target, too bad it doesnt exists.
    i do use keybind to cast EQ, but i still think it takes too long after i pressed the button on my keyboard for me to place the circle with my mouse under the target.
    how a about mouseover macros, does that help EQ at all ?

No, earthquake is not cast on a target, it's cast on the ground. You won't be able to avoid setting down the circle. Just cast chain lightning and then during the cast, hit earthquake and hold the green circle above where you want to put it down before the cast even finishes. That way the second it procs your empowered chain lightning, you can set it down. It will not get faster than this.

Just for me, I have EQ bound to Shift+Middle Mouse Button, and I usually hover my mouse around where I would drop EQ anyway. That's worked best for me so far since they actually made EQ decent.
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just press it before you finish CL and have your mouse ready at the place where you want to place it, so you can click it near instantly. What you want is just simply not possible, Earthquake is not a targetted ability nor a glyph exists of it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    Just for me, I have EQ bound to Shift+Middle Mouse Button, and I usually hover my mouse around where I would drop EQ anyway. That's worked best for me so far since they actually made EQ decent.
    I have the exact same keybinding, and it works very well. You still have to move your cursor to where you want to place the quake, though. There's no way around that part.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Is there something preventing you from prepositioning your mouse before you "cast" earthquake? If your mouse is prepositioned then all you need do is left click the targeted area after "casting" earthquake.

Deleted
    I thought I tried to do the whole, whilst casting Chain Lightning, pre-cast EQ to get the circle ready to position, and it ended up not being empowered and had a cast time, even though it procc'd for an instant cast. Maybe I am wrong (only just switched from enhance to elemental this week). Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by Carradene View Post
    I thought I tried to do the whole, whilst casting Chain Lightning, pre-cast EQ to get the circle ready to position, and it ended up not being empowered and had a cast time, even though it procc'd for an instant cast. Maybe I am wrong (only just switched from enhance to elemental this week). Has anyone else experienced this?
    No, I do this every single time and get the proper instant EQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markooo View Post
    No, I do this every single time and get the proper instant EQ.
    Okay thanks, that's good to know - I must've just fudged up and not hit 3 targets that time I did it.