Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental Rune drop change

On our alt run tonight, everyone who had completed the ring on their main was obtaining 13 runes per boss. I can't find anything on google, on the General forums, Bug forums, or MMO-C.

The latest round of hotfixes also mentioned nothing changing with Elemental Runes.

The exact way it would show up in our log was:

X has received Elemental Rune x9
    X has received Elemental Rune x4

Previously, it was always only 9, or 27 if we procced the lucky streak. But never 13.

This drop rate was occurring on Heroic difficulty. It seems like they added some kind of +50% bonus to legendary component acquisition if you've completed this stage already.

There was not a +27 proc, so I'm unsure if we would have gotten +13, or continued to get +4.

While nice, this isn't exactly the "you won't have to repeat the grindy portions on your alts" that was originally floated at BlizzCon.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense, I've heard of and seen the same thing with my alts on the stones part of the quest as well. Outside of clusters, I've been getting 2 or 3 stones on a regular kill (not Imp).

If true, it makes me facepalm since I would have gotten enough runes without the change next reset anyway.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless I get 27 on two of the last 3 bosses this week then I'll be like 20 short

A bonus tip for people with tons of garr ress / mine-stones and such;
    if you're a few stones short, buy a ton of rush orders and complete them. They work just like normal orders, so they have a chance to give you elemental runes. If you're a compulsive pac-man like me and have a few thousand draenic stones in stock for mine work orders, you could potentially buy 33x rush orders (300 resources per), and finish off 165 work orders in a minute. That's bound to get you atleast a stone or two.

Maaan just need the 27-cluster on two of the 10 bosses this week and I'm good. Or to get just one cluster but the mission this week, but I'm hoping to knock it out tonight :S
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    While nice, this isn't exactly the "you won't have to repeat the grindy portions on your alts" that was originally floated at BlizzCon.
    I don't think anything they said at BlizzCon is actually true in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    This is expected since it's the same in Highmaul, you get 20+ a week minimum on alts now whereas before you where only guaranteed a minimum of 12.

Blizzard hasn't officially confirmed but I do believe this is an alt-catchup mechanism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I don't think anything they said at BlizzCon is actually true in-game.
    Ohhh snap.

Not too fussed about this change personally. Have one alt sitting at just over 1 tablet, rest is still on bro stone part because I just cba with Highmaul over, and over again. Might not even complete the elemental rune stage on my main (2 tablets + 158 runes) this week. Bad RNG has been bad. Will probably be happier about this weeks/months from now when I can be bothered playing more than one alt.

Deleted
    If that's supposed to be a 50% boost then blizz is really bad at math, since 50% on top of 9 is 13.5 and is supposed to round to 14.

Or the boost could be 49% which rounds up to 50% and it gives you 13.4 stones that round down to 13.

See? We can both make silly posts.

So in order to get 13 you need to complete the other part of the quest?

Ahh thats good idea for catchup, but I dont think I have ever gotten 27 runes from any of the bosses besides blackhand, it would be good which means i get it done this week but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetmaged View Post
    So in order to get 13 you need to complete the other part of the quest?
    If you finish this part of the quest with your main, then the default for your alts will be 13 per boss instead of 9.

I just got 27+4 on a boss.
    9+4 on other bosses.

@WarcraftDevs Noticed that elemental rune drops are different, what was the change with it?

Nothing has changed. What exactly have you been experiencing?

@WarcraftDevs Ah, I think I figured it out - do you get more Elemental Runes on alts if your main has finished a ring?

Correct! We heard your feedback about the Legendary in Mists, and wanted to give your alts a boost this time around.

@WarcraftDevs How about Abrogator Stones?

Yes, this [change] applies to all of Khadgar's questlines that require a collection of raid-dropped items.
    Wanted to quote some Twitter tweets from @WarcraftDevs in relation to the OP =).

I have ever gotten 27 runes from any of the bosses besides blackhand
    Last edited by mwsstandc; 2015-03-12 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    27 from one boss? You get 1 (ONE) on LFR..

If you only raid LFR, primary source is Garrison mission (18) and then workorders..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/