Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Depends what the next big mobile game is. We had mini Farmville, followed by mini Clash of Clans/Game of War.

I think one way to make garrison more interesting would be to add pvp to it.
    I would love to raid other faction Garrisons... I would pay insane amount of gold to build towers, hire NPC, setting traps in my garrisons to protect it.
    I mean... we already have followers and we even bother to gear them right?

Garrisons should become an app on the iphone or android devices, like Hay Day or Farmville, where you can send follower's on missions, collect your work orders, start new work orders. That would be a really successful app.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Depends what the next big mobile game is. We had mini Farmville, followed by mini Clash of Clans/Game of War.
    hm so next expansion ... mini candy crush ? :d ye i guess why not

I'd like to see them toned down a bit both in importance and in effort needed to maintain them. Also I'd prefer if they were guild centric rather than player centric but then I guess a lot of people would miss out on them entirely. I just feel Garrisons have become a bit too dominating at the expensive of other potential content and it's a liiiiitle bit of a grind and not in the awesome way, at the moment.

Yeah, length of missions adjustments could be one way to reduce the grindy feel of this. Also same with respawn rate of nodes in the mine/herb garden and work orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Turning them Account wide for less chores. With many Alts it takes ages but each Garrison is so lucrative you would not want to pass up on it either.
    Exactly this. It's simpler, still rewarding, greater sense of account-wide progression, but you don't feel compelled to do the "chores" on as many characters as possible.

Ironically, it's a sort of limitation, but the good kind: It allows the Garrison to be rewarding, but not for it to realistically replace doing things yourself or out in the world, since you'd be limited to a single mine, not 7, and single round of 25 followers, not 7x 25 followers all doing treasure missions, etc.

Professions buildings would feel rewarding, but won't displace professions since you will be limited to 3 of them on your account versus getting 1 of every building at the end.

At the end of the day, a primary-raid person like me would probably still sit in the Garrison all day. But I'd actually have to spend my gold on shit versus getting it all for free, I wouldn't "feel" like doing 7x chores (even if I don't really have to), and players that actually go out in the world will get my gold versus me not paying them shit for Ore because I'm sitting on thousands of it just from the Garrison alone.

It's not that I dislike Garissons, but it's not something I would like to do in future expansions. It fits Warlords of Draenor, and it has a valid purpose, but not for 2-3-4 expansions. It's a shame customisation (by unlocking) is not really there, now all Garrisons feel the same. Each building should have had a couple of different looks for each race, different layouts and a goddamm statue of my awesome character!

That said, my money is on guildhousing. Preferably in a Dalaran style main hub, or Stormwind/Orgrimmar. If Ashran would have been connected to the Garrisons, it would have felt as 1 big city. The portal to Ashran just doesnt feel connected enough, and making people leave their Garrison. The fact the Ashran hubs do not have a portal back to your Garrison also doesnt help. Ashran is also missing a port to Dalaran, all my alts still have their hearthstone to the Shrine, as it is the easiest way to travel with all the portals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should of just made city hubs that did the same thing as the garrison does from the perspective of the profession buildings or something on the same lines anyway. I have always been an open world player in this game, long before I ever step foot inside of raid content back in the beginning of Wrath. If I was not doing something out in the world itself. I could always be found doing dungeons in BC/Wrath, plus a ton of wpvp and bg's. The garrison just makes the game feel less open and more being tied down to sitting in a city hub, which I have always hated and never done since I started to play this game.

I actually enjoy going to Warspear, mainly because it full of people. I purposely did not build the AH in the trade post or put storehouses in my garrison, so it forced all my characters to go to at least Warspear daily to do banking and auctions. Personally, I hope going forward from this point they do not added anymore content that is tied directly to the garrison. I hope nothing in 6.2 is got anything to do with the garrison. I did not like the concept all the way back in beta and I still do not like it today. Missions are a joke and the followers seem to be doing far more than I around the world content, which I find extreme sad.

I don't really feel compelled to grind any of the various reps, because they offer so little in the end to justify the reasons for grinding them in the first place. re-skinned mounts of the same mounts that can be either obtained in the world or from the stables for a boat load of gold plus apexis crystals, follower that are largely not worth the time or currency to bother with because they will not be useful past this content to even justify their cost. Also with having either a 20 or 25 cap on active followers, its cheaper to just get a bunch of free ones from the inn to get the achievement for them.

Now that they gave recipes to get around the cd or the work orders plus gave away to either purchase more or get them through the missions themselves, even the profession buildings themselves don't really serve a purpose at all now. I been getting so many primal spirits that even the barns were useless to me back before 6.1, because I would just trade them for the various profession materials and bloods to sell of the AH. I also bought the raw materials from the trading post and used those supplement both the profession and work orders to try to get around the endless amount of slow grind that they tired to largely put in place from the get go.

These garrison's were not well thought out in the planning stage, the concept of player housing these did not come close. These are just a massive time and gold sink with a boat load of cd's to make play slow a molasses. Professions largely sucked prior to WoD, now they are so bad they are just a large waste of time. Having a 3 cap on the amount of crafted items was also pretty stupid. I would of rather had full set of something that were maybe of rare quality with a few recipes like before with epic quality or the way they chose to make the various essences that increased the ilvl of the various pieces over time.

I always wonder why they never added an option for people that never wanted or felt like raiding at all in this game, yet they even force the people to go into the LFR to get some sort of gear for there character, instead of just giving them the ability to craft the items they need to largely play the game out in the world.

This could of been away to make even more dynamic world content outside of the raid environment for those that do not like to go through the organized manor of raid progression. The world should be setup up to provide a means to progress through far beyond the level questing at cap. A series of challenges leading up to the end with an epic style type battle. The various current personal scenarios at the end of the zone are an example of such type of content, but do so by the masses and not by oneself. The epic battle could have multiple objectives/challenges along the way. If we were or are suppose to be fighting such an epic type battle against the Iron Horde, it should be coming to us in stages through the world content.

Way back in Blizzcon when they showed the various concepts of going back in time to fight an enemy that was taking over the world. I envisioned a lot more than we ended up getting, so far. Given the length of time they been working on this expansion, as far back as the beginning of MoP, they should of had far more than what they delivered at launch. The fact they had to delay content or items to the first patch plus with even great number of people working on more than any other expansion prior. Even if they had to bring some or all of them up to speed there should been more in the end given all the overall time spent creating the expansion.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2015-03-17 at 01:05 AM.