Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Glad to see more MTG mechanics coming into Hearthstone, don't mean this in a bad way, variety is good

This is a good variety on bolster from MTG:
    Blackwing Technician: Minion | 3 mana | 2 Attack 4 Health | Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, gain +1/+1.

This is pretty much heroic from MTG:
    Dragonkin Sorcerer: Minion | 4 mana | 3 Attack 5 Health | Whenever you target this minion with a spell, gain +1/+1. | Dragon

Also no coincidence that a dragonthemed expansion hits during a dragon themed MTG block
    Cards look interesting enough to make me play a bit again at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Thaurissan + Conceal is going to be so fucking scary
    Yeah either you have the means to win next turn or you most likely loose next 2 turns max.
    I'm not even a good player and i already found 10 different ways to brake the game with this card, it's the definition of broken card.

Imagive Unstable Portal-ing it or double innervate it on turn 1
    also handlocks /facepalm
    Last edited by Keosen; 2015-03-31 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yeah either you have the means to win next turn or you most likely loose next 2 turns max.
    I'm not even a good player and i already found 10 different ways to brake the game with this card, it's the definition of broken card.

Imagive Unstable Portal-ing it or double innervate it on turn 1
    also handlocks /facepalm
    It's not that OP really. The only decks this will work in is decks that have a lot of cards on hand in turn 6. Handlock and miracle rogue come to mind. Maybe control warrior. Then you also need to have this card on hand, in combination with the cards you want to play out with it. Then almost every class has a way to destroy a 5 attack minion.
    Sure in some situations it's going to work, but it's nowhere near as OP as, say, dr. Boom.

Deleted
    This paladin dragon card is nice. Reduces mana cost of any next dragon you play by 2.

This enables you to play those end game legendary dragons at turn 6-7 instead of turn 8-9. This is a huge deal. Turn 5 consort into turn 6 coin ysera? Yes please. Outside of hard removal cards you can't really do much do 12 hp minion.

9-mana endgame legendary is pretty garbage nowadays. But turn 7 one? Most decks just play dr boom at turn 7. Ysera is better than dr boom but it costs too much mana without this card.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-03-31 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    This paladin dragon card is nice. Reduces mana cost of any next dragon you play by 2.

This enables you to play those end game legendary dragons at turn 6-7 instead of turn 8-9. This is a huge deal. Turn 5 consort into turn 6 coin ysera? Yes please. Outside of hard removal cards you can't really do much do 12 hp minion.

9-mana endgame legendary is pretty garbage nowadays. But turn 7 one? Most decks just play dr boom at turn 7. Ysera is better than dr boom but it costs too much mana without this card.
    Hex, Polymorph, Big Game hunter, Shadow Word Death, Sap, Assasinate, Kidnapper, Sabotage, Vanish, Keeper of the Grove, Poison Seeds, Recycle, Naturalize, Deadly Shot, Hunter's mark, Equality, Mass dispel, Silence, Mind control, Earth Shock, Corruption, Siphon Soul, Twisting Nether, Execute, Brawl, Crush, Shield Slam, Doomsayer, Emperor Cobra, Ironbeak Owl, Spellbreaker.

Yeah, not that many counters to that card -.-
    I didn't even include combos you can pull off with stampeding kodo, Shrinkmeister + Cabal shadow priest, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    It's not that OP really. The only decks this will work in is decks that have a lot of cards on hand in turn 6. Handlock and miracle rogue come to mind. Maybe control warrior. Then you also need to have this card on hand, in combination with the cards you want to play out with it. Then almost every class has a way to destroy a 5 attack minion.
    Sure in some situations it's going to work, but it's nowhere near as OP as, say, dr. Boom.
    I think you are wrong.
    This card is an auto-include on every non-aggro deck, no need to be control/fatigue or w/e, just need to be a non-aggro.
    How many cards are you finding yourself having in hand on turn 6 on average? 3/4 is a good number i think, just by playing you are getting insane value, for each turn it survives the value is getting exponentially higher.

This card is so broken that i will be surprised if we don't see a nerf in the first 2 weeks.

Coin-ing it in turn 5 it's even more ridiculous.

Wild prediction: This card will break the meta into 2 parts, those who play it and those who rush to kill you before turn 6.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2015-03-31 at 10:00 AM.

Master of Disguise + Thaurissan is going to be the most upsetting combo in the world.

Pretty disappointing reveal, the rush is strong, card design space has to work around it now and these cards just don't on the whole. I'll be surprised if more than 3 or 4 make it to constructed for longer than the opening month.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'll say one thing for Blizzard, they sure as hell know how to make funny little extras. Take a look at the flavor text for all the cards. For example: Revenge. "This is better than Arcane Explosion, so I guess warriors are finally getting revenge on mages for Mortal Strike being worse than Fireball."
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Hex, Polymorph, Big Game hunter, Shadow Word Death, Sap, Assasinate, Kidnapper, Sabotage, Vanish, Keeper of the Grove, Poison Seeds, Recycle, Naturalize, Deadly Shot, Hunter's mark, Equality, Mass dispel, Silence, Mind control, Earth Shock, Corruption, Siphon Soul, Twisting Nether, Execute, Brawl, Crush, Shield Slam, Doomsayer, Emperor Cobra, Ironbeak Owl, Spellbreaker.

Yeah, not that many counters to that card -.-
    I didn't even include combos you can pull off with stampeding kodo, Shrinkmeister + Cabal shadow priest, etc.
    Ysera is 4 attack, therefore BGH doesn't get her. Priest can't do jack shit unless it's a combo like cabal + shrink or shrink + pain, or shrink + madness + recomb. Kidnapper? Lol who runs that. Better just use sap.

Silence kind of works but that's still a 4/12 + one OP dream card you got for 7 mana. Ysera was good for 9, it will be amazing for 7. The thing is, for 9 mana it has to win you the game to see any play. For 7 mana it can just be a value big dude like dr boom. Ofc if it remains unasnwered for 2-3 turns, it's most likely a win. Nevertheless the value is here and paladin can actually get to the point of playing these endgame cards. No other class is a better counter to the cancer nonsense nowadays.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-03-31 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I think you are wrong.
    This card is an auto-include on every non-aggro deck, no need to be control/fatigue or w/e, just need to be a non-aggro.
    How many cards are you finding yourself having in hand on turn 6 on average? 3/4 is a good number i think, just by playing you are getting insane value, for each turn it survives the value is getting exponentially higher.

This card is so broken that i will be surprised if we don't see a nerf in the first 2 weeks.

Coin-ing it in turn 5 it's even more ridiculous.

Wild prediction: This card will break the meta into 2 parts, those who play it and those who rush to kill you before turn 6.

You are wildly overexaggerating the value of this card.
    EVEN if you have 4 cards on hand at turn 6 AND have thaurissan on hand by then, all those cards have to be 4/5+ mana cost to get decent value. Then it gives you a turn advantage on your 5+ mana drops. It will get destroyed the next turn nonetheless, only in the special case where you have both something like conceal AND thaurissan on hand in turn 6 it won't.
    It sure is a strong card, and it's basicall innverate++ but it's nowhere near "broken" and 1 card breaking a meta apart? Please....

Chromaggus looks like the new Kel'Thuzad, great stats for its cost where its just outside of BGH range. Seems way too slow for this meta, though it could see some play in rogue and warlock decks.

Emporer Thaurissan looks indeed like the new Loatheb, great in every deck and its stats aren't too bad.

Majordomo Executus... doesn't look that great to me. A 9/7 for 9 is easily removed and you'll end up with 8 health, way too easy to get killed. On the other hand it may see some play in control warrior decks, they can just increase their armor with Shieldmaidens and Shield Blocks.

Nefarian seems like a worse Ysera, easily killed by BGH and the 2 random spells you get may not even be good after all. Atleast its harder to remove Ysera and she gives you way better cards guaranteed.

Rend Blackhand will only see play in dragon-themed decks, or there's no point in having him. Even then, he's way too fragile but if the meta has a lot of expensive elgendaries, he may prove to be usefull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Ysera is 4 attack, therefore BGH doesn't get her. Priest can't do jack shit unless it's a combo like cabal + shrink or shrink + pain, or shrink + madness + recomb. Kidnapper? Lol who runs that. Better just use sap.

Silence kind of works but that's still a 4/12 + one OP dream card you got for 7 mana. Ysera was good for 9, it will be amazing for 7. The thing is, for 9 mana it has to win you the game to see any play. For 7 mana it can just be a value big dude like dr boom. Ofc if it remains unasnwered for 2-3 turns, it's most likely a win. Nevertheless the value is here and paladin can actually get to the point of playing these endgame cards. No other class is a better counter to the cancer nonsense nowadays.
    Crazed Alchemist + BGH, Inner Fire + BGH, etc. Do i really need to write everything out for you?
    Of the 31 cards i listed you picked out 2 that are situational, there's still 29 counters left (more if you count combos). And yes, kidnapper will be kind of strong in the next meta, cause it will have a lot of use if you look at the new legendaries.

Like any decent card, ofcourse it's going to be strong in certain circumstances. For that matter Ysera is kinda random and suspect to the same removal that de dragon is. It's nowhere near "better than dr. boom".
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2015-03-31 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Poor Bolvar the new Shaman card seems so much better than him and it is just a common card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    Poor Bolvar the new Shaman card seems so much better than him and it is just a common card.
    It's better than 90% of midgame minions out there. It's... magical...

=D
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Thoughts on the rest of the BRM cards:

> Majordomo Executus: An awesome fun card, but not really one I see as being viable in most decks. 8 health is pretty much nothing these days. The hero power however is very strong so there's an incentive. As we saw in the stream Ice Block can be abused to give you more time as Ragnaros, but that's hard to pull off. Much easier to pull off potentially is getting loads of armour as a warrior and then playing executus. If armour carries over then this will be a staple of Control Warrior. You play Executus, transform into Ragnaros with +15 or whatever armour, then Alexstraza yourself to go up to 15.

> Volcanic Lumberer: Fairly easy to get this to cost 7 mana, which is a good staline but poorly distributed. If you can only reliably get this to cost 7 you may as well play the superior Ancient of War. Does Druid really have the means to make this reliably cost 6 or less? And even if it does, this card is doubly weak to BGH and Black Knight.

>Chromaggus: BGH dodged! That alone makes this card a lot better. At worst this card is an 8 mana 6/8 draw a card sort of. It's very comparable to Kel'thuzad, as both duplicate your minions. But this one provides board advantage, whereas KT requires it. In that sense it's less of a win more card than KT, but it's still super slow. In Paladin though you can easily go Dragon Consort into Chrommagus for 6 though. Which is awesome.

>Thaurissan: This card is insane. If you have 6 cards in hand when you play this, and you manage to play all of them, this is essentially a 0 mana 5/5. And it can be even better than that if you have more cards, or if it manages to survive an extra turn. This will be an auto include in every deck save aggro.

>Solemn Vigil: About as good as Arcane Intellect. Follows the trend of the other minion death related cards, in that if you can get one minion to trade into another minion, this costs a reasonable amount (i.e 3 mana). Even if you're only getting this to cost 3 it's good enough. And Paladin is the best class for making this mechanic work.

> Dragon Consort: The mechwarper of dragon decks...but it's only in Paladin. I'm confused as to why this isn't a neutral card (maybe as a 4/5). This is the linchpin dragon decks needed and yet they've deliberately prohibited anyone but Paladins from trying it out. There's not really much discussion as to whether or not this card is good - it's great. The real question is can other dragon decks make do without it? Are the current dragons good enough to just happen to put in a deck together and buff the blackwing tech/corrupter? I'm dubious. Maybe in Druid.

>Fireguard Destroyer: RIP Yeti. In Shaman at least. Not that it was ever played in Shaman anyway. But I do worry that as each class gets its own solid four drop yetis will never have any more chance at being played in constructive. Maybe that ship has already sailed though. In any case Destroyer averages out as a 5.5/6 for 5 (counting the overload). It's better than that due to overload not quite equalling a proper mana, but I think it's balanced.

>Demonwrath: With Imp Gang Boss it's now possible to create an all demon deck. So in those decks this is essentially a 3 mana consecrate (though if you're up against more demons you'll be sad). Even in non-demon decks this is a scaled down version of hellfire.

>Druid of the Flame: A solid vanilla minion (as a 2/5, 5/2 will never be played) and clearly a push for beast Druid. But vanilla minions don't really make archetypes happen on their own. I think if Druid of the Fang wasn't a thing in GvG it won't be in BRM. Then again, I've played Beast Druid and it actually works well, it's fairly easy to get the DotF to work. So maybe it only needs a tiny push.

>Gang Up: Too combo-ey to actually work. Maybe if mill Rogue ever becomes a thing.

>Quick Shot: Excellent in rush hunter. Unlike Core Rager this is good even if the bonus effect isn't fulfilled. Cancer intensifies.

>Resurrect: I think this card is going to be pretty good. If you play this in a control deck one of the worst case scenarios is you get a 2 drop for 2. And sometimes you get a Cleric or a Zombiechow, but even that isn't that bad. This is like unstable portal in that though it appears random, if you actually do the maths this is usually going to get value. And this effect is much easier to control (especially in the early game when perhaps you have only played one injured blademaster).

>Revenge: Pretty poor card imo, although it can be a 2 mana hellfire. But in most cases I don't see why you would take this over whirlwind. Over 12 health you don't want to pay 2 mana for Whirlwind. And under 12 health you don't necessarily want to do that much damage to your own minions, especially not in an enrage deck.

> Twilight Whelp: A good effect, but I doubt non-paladin dragon decks will see play. There's no reason to play this over Zombie Chow in Priest, which can abuse Chows DR with Auchenai. In another class this might have been very good.

I suspect that you're limited at 8 health as your new maximum, much like how Jaraxxus is limited to 15 as his maximum so Alex will probably only take you as far as 8 though this is clearly very untested waters.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I suspect that you're limited at 8 health as your new maximum, much like how Jaraxxus is limited to 15 as his maximum so Alex will probably only take you as far as 8 though this is clearly very untested waters.
    IIRC people used Alex on Baron Rivendare during Naxx and it took him up to 15. It says set your health to 15 so even if your current max health is 8 it shouldn't matter. It was changed once it should be changeable again.

Fair enough, I suppose to maintains it's consistency then.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    My final guess on which cards will see play:
    >Chromaggus
    >Dagran Thaurissan
    >Volcanic Drake
    >Solemn Vigil
    >Blackwing Corrupter
    >Dragon Consort
    >Dragonkin Sorcerer
    >Fireguard Destroyer
    >Hungry Dragon
    >Demon Wrath
    >Blackwing Technician
    >Imp Gang Boss
    >Quickshot
    >Resurrect
    >Dragon Egg

ETA: Maybe Nefarian, but I still think he costs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    My final guess on which cards will see play:
    >Chromaggus
    >Dagran Thaurissan
    >Volcanic Drake
    >Solemn Vigil
    >Blackwing Corrupter
    >Dragon Consort
    >Dragonkin Sorcerer
    >Fireguard Destroyer
    >Hungry Dragon
    >Demon Wrath
    >Blackwing Technician
    >Imp Gang Boss
    >Quickshot
    >Resurrect
    >Dragon Egg

ETA: Maybe Nefarian, but I still think he costs too much.
    i would subtract the dragon egg unless you count being spawned from hungry dragon. It's not an attactive drop.
    Same thing with sorcerer but i do see the crusher being thrown into aggro decks as a good finisher.

Also anyone else wondering how chromaggus works with the mine from iron juggernaut? Clearly it will most likely work like thought steal in that it puts the card in your hand without activating it but could be funny to see a copy there that you can use at any point to deal 10 damage to yourself in exchange for a different card.