Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Men who hold doors open and smile may actually be sexist, study claims

So apparently chivalry is just sexism with a sugar topping.

I do wonder, if i hold doors open for women and men, what am i?

Links below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ims-study.html
    http://www.springer.com/psychology/p.../journal/11199
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I do wonder, if i hold doors open for women and men, what am i?
    bisexual

and yes, insane feminist ideologues are insane, nothing new
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Sexism isn't anything that treats women differently than men.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

"Love topless calendars," hah!

I do pretty much everything in the right-hand column because that's the way anyone born before the 90s was taught to treat a woman (in my case, by my father as well as by my school [we had a course on formal manners... salad-forks and all that stuff]). Sexist? Maybe. I think it's more of a culture thing, though.

Deleted
    Just how? Just how does one come to a conclusion like that?

Can't one both try and help and still be respectful at the same time? Am I sexist against men, if I want to help one fix the car?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-03-11 at 03:52 PM.

If that benevolent behaviour stems from the idea that women are unable to open doors or paying meals for themselves, it is sexist. It's also virtually indistinguishable from the kind of polite behaviour you should also show towards men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If that benevolent behaviour stems from the idea that women are unable to open doors or paying meals for themselves, it is sexist. It's also virtually indistinguishable from the kind of polite behaviour you should also show towards men.
    Yeah but... Would you give a guy a foot massage?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    If I was trying to get him to play leapfrog with me I might. If you know what I mean.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I wouldn't even give a lady a foot rub without being asked for one. I have given both men and women a shoulder rub though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hu? What? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    But literally everyone likes boobs, that makes heterosexual women hostile sexists.

What better reason to crush womens rights, the leaders in Saudi must be loving this.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    when i open doors for women i make sure i lick my lips and growl as they walk through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Opening a door for a woman is the same as saying they are too dumb to do it themselves. Should be banned.

I'm Canadian so as long as you will be at the door within the next 3 seconds I'll hold the door for you regardless of gender. (That time increases to 5 seconds if you are an attractive woman).
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

These "researchers" and "experts" are idiots.

Deleted
    A world of assholes is the final goal

Deleted
    My gay friend must be sexist, he calls women love and dear all the time. Oh, and sexist to men as well in that case...

Honestly, half of the right-column is just nice behaviour. How is it sexist to offer somebody your jacket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seriously. I think my wife looks at boobs more than I do. :O
    well that's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I'm Canadian so as long as you will be at the door within the next 3 seconds I'll hold the door for you regardless of gender. (That time increases to 5 seconds if you are an attractive woman).
    I hate when you get to a door and hold it for someone, only to look back and see 15 people right behind them.

But what if I hold doors for anyone if I reach it first, love topless calendars, offer a girl my jacket when she's cold (especially if I'm NOT cold), and believe I should make sacrifices for my significant other so they can do the things they want to (like I'd expect them to do for me)?

Must be a sexist!