Thread: MasterFrost

MasterFrost

So i have been Unholy since Wod launched and have enjoyed it. I do loads of damage and have had great success into BRF. I am now at the point where there really isn't too many upgrades left unless i do Mythic, and the guild i am in is just starting Heroic BRF, so i wont be seeing mythic for some time.

Yesterday i landed a 680 mace from Kromog, and a 665 Sword from Gruul. So i decided to give DW Frost a go just for fun. Took a while to get everything setup and going, but i ended up really enjoying the play style.

I have a couple questions for anyone else playing DW Frost:

1) I tried all three talents but i found Necrotic Plague to be the most successful, i know defile is supposed to be king, but i found NP to do more damage for me overall on most fights. This might be because im used to necro blight from unholy. Anyone else play DW Frost Necroblight haha?

2)Generally what is DW Frosts strengths? AOE or ST? Burst?

3) Do you use oblit or plague strike to deal with your unholy runes?

Through some testing yesterday i didn't find the damage to be too bad, i just don't get the same moments of extreme dps that i did with Unholy. For instance beastlord i have parsed over 44k as unholy, frost i found myself around 39k. As i'm overgeared for the content i'm running i don't mind losing dps to play a new fun spec!

Just wondering what people who have more experience with DW Frost this xpack have to say about it so far?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know a whole lot about DW frost, but I do know that its niche is being able to AOE with generally the same rotation as its single target.

NP is a small (~2%) DPS loss, but playing Frost you're obviously aren't super concerned about your performance. That assumes perfect Defile usage, anyway.

You can't play Necroblight without Festering Strike. If you do go with NP, use it with Plague Leech, not Unholy Blight. UB is a huge DPS loss.

DW Frost's traditional strength is AE/free cleave.

Masterfrost spends Unholy runes on Defile and Obliterate. Mastersimple is a minor DPS loss and spends Unholy runes on Defile and Plague Strike. Both playstyles are fine.

Awesome thanks for the tips! exactly what i was looking for. I will switch to plague leech, and probably go "Mastersimple" as it will get my disease backup using the plague strike!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verko View Post
    Awesome thanks for the tips! exactly what i was looking for. I will switch to plague leech, and probably go "Mastersimple" as it will get my disease backup using the plague strike!
    Let me know how you do please. I been secretly collecting a DW set in hope it will be competitive again or just to mess around on a farm night/help a alt N run
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I am a long time DW player who had to switch to Unholy this tier. During some Heroic Blackhand progression, I switched to Dual Wield (enchants, gem, etc) to see how it played and it was easily a 2-3k loss for me. I will not be going back, unfortunately, until Frost is buffed / fixed.

Deleted
    It's a shame really because DW Frost is mechanically amazing, it's just so undertuned at the moment, luckily its an easy gear switch from unholy to DW

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    I am a long time DW player who had to switch to Unholy this tier. During some Heroic Blackhand progression, I switched to Dual Wield (enchants, gem, etc) to see how it played and it was easily a 2-3k loss for me. I will not be going back, unfortunately, until Frost is buffed / fixed.
    I do not like how UH takes a few seconds to ramp up on the upper deck in Blackhand... other classes are WAY better at burst then we are but RLs assume we can BB spread 1 stack of NP to every add up there.... God forbid you spec BoS and soak a mine to extend the damage... Insta kick from group!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual