BM pet - Ferocity or Tenacious ?

Ferocity has a 16 sec dash (+80% move speed), Tenacious has the charge (8-25 yards, increases atk power by 25% for the next basic attack)
    which one are people using ?

Personally I like using tenacity for charge, it gets my pet to the boss faster it seems.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a complete toss up. I see a lot of folks using both. I like ferocity for things like Oregorger where his dash will keep him up to speed with the boss rolling for the most part (Keybound separately). But for fights like Gruul where your pet is barely moving the charge with extra attack damage is fine too. If you're having trouble getting your pet in KC range off a pull just Move command your pet closer to the boss. You can get pretty close on most encounters and lets you KC after your initial opener right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruborros View Post
    It's a complete toss up. I see a lot of folks using both. I like ferocity for things like Oregorger where his dash will keep him up to speed with the boss rolling for the most part (Keybound separately). But for fights like Gruul where your pet is barely moving the charge with extra attack damage is fine too. If you're having trouble getting your pet in KC range off a pull just Move command your pet closer to the boss. You can get pretty close on most encounters and lets you KC after your initial opener right away.
    pull KC is not the problem, i usually just camouflage and get 10 yards from the boss .
    the problem is target switching, i feel like the charge is buggy and dash would be better .
    Last edited by Lordbrutus; 2015-03-12 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncosta View Post
    pull KC is not the problem, i usually just camouflage and get 10 yards from the boss .
    the problem is target switching, i feel like the charge is buggy and dash would be better .
    GL doing that with a proper opening(where you precast cobra)
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    GL doing that with a proper opening(where you precast cobra)
    i'm using Dire Beast .

i'm using Dire Beast .
    On every fight? Well there's something.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    On every fight? Well there's something.
    after the change to steady focus, i just don't like it anymore .

I pref Dash. Especially on fights where the boss moves, either sustained or in bursts. For instance with charge, Dramac Rends, he jumps From A to B, pet charges to B, then Dramac jumps back to A while pet walks back over. Same thing with Hanz and Franz fight. As they jump around your pet will charge then walk back, or Iron maidens, if yoru pet is on the one that Blade Dahses, it will try to charge as she jumps very briefly into ranged, then walk back. In all of these cases dash is better.

Agreed with SkaCore; Dash seems to level out during the entirety of the zone.

Does the tenacity pet use charge on cooldown, or only when there's something to charge to? I'm having trouble with the lost move time on the rune phase of Kromog. I'm thinking, if I was to switch to tenacity, would I be able to get the pet to charge to my rune automatically, since he's not moving attacking the boss the rest of the time? Or should I turn charge autocast off and manually do it at rune phase? Or scrap this idea altogether?

15+ Year Old Account
    Kill command has a 25 range. Your pet only needs to be with 25 to use it.

Charge on the other hand has a 8-25 yard range. It won't be used on a fight like Gruul because your pet will never be over 8 yards away unless you move it in and out during the fight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222