Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've actually used it in a raid enviroment now we've got into Mythic hans and franz theres a couple of phases where when your group has 2 stacks you need to burst heal them up, but you cant use a tranq because the phase happens every 1 and half minutes for example.

I've been using TOL+ NV rejuv spam and genesis for one phase, and tranq for the other.

Also with the spirit increases I'm sitting at 1950 spirit + chewtoy proc, giving me an insane amount of mana regene allowing me to rejuv spam more, and genesis if i want to pad the meters a bit

A while back I tinkered around with Genesis to see what it looked like hps, healing per mana, healing per cast at different targets. The short and sweet was that is was bad to use it with less than 3 rejuvs (assuming germination talented) or 4 rejuvs (no germination). The throughput per mana was bad below those benchmarks.

Using it at 3 rejuvs (if talented germination) was roughly equal to wild growth in terms of mana expenditure and healing per mana. It would make sense that players think the spell is "too costly" when you rarely see us pressing wild growth more than twice per minute. But as you get more spirit, you're probably going to see a shift in play for some where it's possible to heal in small bursts, the bulk of the healing being done by wild growth and genesis.

Depends what your mana can sustain, it has it's strong places, I used it on mythic butcher and a few other places where there's predictable repeat hits where you need to top up targets before the next one lands.

Nearly every place where there's a sabrelash split damage effect genesis can shine in it's expensive niche.

You can also pad the shit out of predicable spikes in farm content and almost feel like a stupid monk revival snipe.

PS. did a heroic clear with no disc priest or paladin this week, was a glorious feeling not having shields everywhere.

I find myself using Genesis several times in some fights. It's amazing for Blackhand balconies and can be very useful in P3 to quickly get the raid back up in between smashes. Also use it in unexpected "oh shit" situations when I already have a handful of rejuvenations out.

I think it's OK in its current state. The one change I could see is a slight decrease to mana cost, possibly with a small CD attached to it to balance it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Every time I get reminded of Genesis, I get sad.
    If clicking it make Invisible Touch come on... I'd be pretty ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    PS. did a heroic clear with no disc priest or paladin this week, was a glorious feeling not having shields everywhere.
    Jealous. I heal with a disc and a hpally, and they're looking to recruit ANOTHER hpally now. This is why I can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    If clicking it make Invisible Touch come on... I'd be pretty ok with it.
    I don't... understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    I don't... understand...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW68T84RLHw

I think the effect of genesis is fine, but it should not cost any mana since the drawback already is that you have to reapply your hots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Jealous. I heal with a disc and a hpally, and they're looking to recruit ANOTHER hpally now. This is why I can't have nice things.
    yup, usually have disc and holy pally in our alt raid also but they were both away :P