Combat/Sub Bis trinkets

I am going to sim this next week but wanted to ask ahead of time.

I just got a mythic trigger with a socket (+50 ms) and wanted to see how my trinket setup should be

Heres what I have

M Trigger
    H Scales of Doom
    H Dragonspine Trophy
    Lucky Doublesided Coin

My subt spec (anything single target) is currently doublesided coin and trigger

My combat cleave spec is trigger and H scales of doom.

Is this correct? If not let me know!

Deleted
    For combat you should use Trigger and Dragonspine Trophy
    and for sub coin and trigger

you can look for information like that in the sticky Simulationcraft Results

Quote Originally Posted by monkey2211 View Post
    For combat you should use Trigger and Dragonspine Trophy
    and for sub coin and trigger

you can look for information like that in the sticky Simulationcraft Results
    The only issue with that is the sims are done in a single target patchwerk style fight which means they dont really apply for combat bc the only time im using it is for cleave fights where multistrike would be the best stat.

Whats better for Sub, a Mythic Dragonspine Trophy or Lucky Coin? Paired with a M Scales.

I suggest just downloading the Sim program and doing the tests yourself on multiple target fights instead of just 1 patchwerk style target.

Deleted
    I've been having a very similar problem myself recently.

Whenever anyone asks questions about bis trinkets people generally point toward the simcraft results (and for obvious reasons!), but I find this to be potentially flawed advice. As far as I can remember, those results were published even before Highmaul was released and they haven't been revised at all since then, so don't include the buff to combat multistrike for example.

Also, just looking over the results for sub seems to raise a few questions too. Both M Dragonspine and M Trigger are ranked higher than M Scales, despite the fact that the general perception (at least that I've seen) is that M Heart + M Scales will be the best combination, for obvious reasons.

I could be talking a whole load of nonsense, but I don't have a lot of faith in those trinket ranking at all really.

Currently have M Scales, M Captive and M Trigger. Have opted for the M trigger and M Scales atm.

Suppose I'll have to play around with simcraft and figure this stuff out for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilua View Post
    I've been having a very similar problem myself recently.

Whenever anyone asks questions about bis trinkets people generally point toward the simcraft results (and for obvious reasons!), but I find this to be potentially flawed advice. As far as I can remember, those results were published even before Highmaul was released and they haven't been revised at all since then, so don't include the buff to combat multistrike for example.

Also, just looking over the results for sub seems to raise a few questions too. Both M Dragonspine and M Trigger are ranked higher than M Scales, despite the fact that the general perception (at least that I've seen) is that M Heart + M Scales will be the best combination, for obvious reasons.

I could be talking a whole load of nonsense, but I don't have a lot of faith in those trinket ranking at all really.

Currently have M Scales, M Captive and M Trigger. Have opted for the M trigger and M Scales atm.

Suppose I'll have to play around with simcraft and figure this stuff out for myself!
    As far as i know the thread is up 2 date? even the Stone of fire or whatever is in it. I remember the op updating the trinket list when BRF was released.

But yeah playing around with simcraft seems to be the best thing hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moejahi3d View Post
    As far as i know the thread is up 2 date? even the Stone of fire or whatever is in it. I remember the op updating the trinket list when BRF was released.

But yeah playing around with simcraft seems to be the best thing hehe.
    Ah Ok, I didn't realise it had been updated.

The rankings seems almost identical to what they were when I first saw the post.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smana7 View Post
    Whats better for Sub, a Mythic Dragonspine Trophy or Lucky Coin? Paired with a M Scales.
    For me personally, I was simming H WF trophy > coin.

Quote Originally Posted by dinth View Post
    For me personally, I was simming H WF trophy > coin.

I spent about 30 minutes today compiling simulationcraft so that I can look at Rymes profiles and modify them. I will let you all know what I find out.

Shard the trophy, use trigger and coin until you get H beating heart. For combat, you could go with trigger + coin or trigger + scales, tbh the value of coin is not as great for combat since there is no gtd 2 min CD to stack it with. Also, sim yourself.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!