Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Fury PVP - seeking advice

Hello Warriors! So I'm fairly new to warrior pvp, and actually, considering that I haven't done pvp for a very long time (I'm still lost in the newer BGs), fairly new to modern WoW pvp in general. I've been gearing up, running a 2s arena team with a friend, and doing non-stop BGs whenever I'm online for the past couple of weeks, and am now basically seeking advice for:

- optimal counters to certain classes: mainly feral druids and frost mages. I consistently run out of closers; or when I have my cds up, their cds just flatout seem better.

- anything to do while being kited around a pillar. I would play the same game, except there would no reason unless Enraged Regeneration was coming off CD and I needed a few more seconds. Seen alot of monks constantly pillar hug, heal, pillar hug, heal and back to healthy hp to take me on again.

- Glyphs. I am currently running with Enraged Speed, Flawless Defense and Shattering Throw. I'm thinking of replacing Shattering Throw, since it hasn't really made a difference thus far. Both pally/mages already have some healing going through because it has a cast time (why the hell?) and its cd is too long to ever use again in the same match.

To be clear, I don't expect to get far with my 2s friend; he plays a frost DK or a rogue, so he's great on his own, but obviously as a warrior, I can't bring much to any sort of synergy. I'm just looking for ways to play better, because I only really get pissed off if I make too many mistakes in a match. Oh, and that one frost mage which didn't seem to suffer from any sort of DR...

Edit: Also, would prot be semi-viable at least for our 2s team? I won't touch Arms till they make it less boring, but have been looking at prot on and off and wouldn't mind spending the time to invest in that if it would make things go alittle better for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    - Glyphs. I am currently running with Enraged Speed, Flawless Defense and Shattering Throw.
    1800+ Fury Warriors are generally taking Rude Interruption and Bull Rush instead of Flawless Defense and Shattering Throw.

Also, would prot be semi-viable at least for our 2s team?
    Outlook poor; the Prot PvP train left not long before the new year.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Don't bother with prot, it isn't as good as the other two. Fury is great to start out with if you're new to warrior. As the poster above said, run bull rush and rude interruption. The rage from bullrush lets you go hard off the bat. Once you're bored with fury and realize its proc reliant and isn't as good as arms, go arms.

Yes, other classes 1v1 can honestly destroy warrior. Especially hunters. You have a slight chance against mages if they DON'T have any ice blocks. You won't beat a DK. You have a chance of beating a priest. You will lose to boomkins/ferals. You have a decent chance against rogues. Warlocks will probably win unless you can mongo them down real quick, but if they pop their healing cd's you won't win. Rets will win.

im a 2200 war and if you have an questions let me know.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    1800+ Fury Warriors are generally taking Rude Interruption and Bull Rush instead of Flawless Defense and Shattering Throw.

Outlook poor; the Prot PvP train left not long before the new year.
    Hahaha alright, fair enough.. Will definitely look into replacing SHattering Throw with Bull Rush, but at the moment I'm not sure I'm comfortable with replacing Flawless Defense with Rude Interruption. Then again, I'm at a really low rating so I might give it a spin for a few rounds, not like it's gonna hurt

Don't bother with prot, it isn't as good as the other two. Fury is great to start out with if you're new to warrior. As the poster above said, run bull rush and rude interruption. The rage from bullrush lets you go hard off the bat. Once you're bored with fury and realize its proc reliant and isn't as good as arms, go arms.

im a 2200 war and if you have an questions let me know.
    I switched from Arms to Fury at the beginning of this expac because Arms really seemed kinda boring; made me sad cause I loved Arms. If I decide to give it go, will I need to do much stat switching? My gear isn't great at the moment, so I still have time to switch my gear focus; but my enchants are currently all crit. I'm not too worried about the procs since they seem to occur often enough. Plus I've got the 4 piece bonus so most of the time I'm in defensive stance and able to spam wild strike consistently if I'm getting attacked or cleaved.

I've more or less accepted the fact that without a healer in 2v2, I'm asking to get demolished. In any case, I'm also wondering, what do you guys do if someone decides to pillar hump? I've tried to Heroic Leap (past the pillar)+Charge, but with classes like Monk/Druid all that accomplishes is wasting two gap closers to get a couple of hits on them.

If the answer is "suck it up, that's all you can try doing and hoping they suck enough to not expect it" that's fine, I just want to know if there's anything better to do.

Thanks for the replies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Flawless Defense is trash. It depends on people attacking you to be worth using. It's good in places like Ashran, but in arena its worthless.

Better glyph options are: Glyph of Heroic Leap, Glyph of Rallying Cry, Glyph of Rude Interruption, Glyph of Enraged Speed, Glyph of Blitz, Glyph of Unending Rage (This one is good with Furious Strikes). I run Warbringer (because its the best choice) and I feel that Glyph of Heroic Leap almost becomes mandatory. The rest are options depending on what you're up against. Glyph of Blitz + Warbringer + Shockwave is really good against mindless melee teams.

I like Rallying Cry glyph for survivability. The healing is noticeable if you use Rallying Cry while you have burst damage up (Avatar/Reck/procs). It's basically another way to be able to play super offensive while on the brink of death. The problem with this glyph is that its completely worthless if you need to use it for team mates. It's a good solo glyph, but in most cases, its worthless in arena.

Mastery is the best stat for Fury in PvP. Get as much Mastery as possible including the weapon enchants.

Everything about Fury is waiting for mastery weapon procs and stacking Avatar/Reck with them to get as much burst as possible. It's also a good idea to use SD executes during trinket procs/mastery procs to maximize the burst potential of SD Fury.

The thing about Mastery stacked Fury is to make sure that you're always enraged nearly 100% of the time. Otherwise, don't even bother using anything outside of Wild Strike/Bloodthirst because you'll just be wasting damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post

Yes, other classes 1v1 can honestly destroy warrior. Especially hunters. You have a slight chance against mages if they DON'T have any ice blocks. You won't beat a DK. You have a chance of beating a priest. You will lose to boomkins/ferals. You have a decent chance against rogues. Warlocks will probably win unless you can mongo them down real quick, but if they pop their healing cd's you won't win. Rets will win.
    True if youre talking about prot.... but false if anything else... ive 1v1 all these classes and won as fury, the only one i cant do is 1v1 disc priests, especially if they roll with reflective shield.

You just have to time your CDs correctly, know when to use your burst, apply the right amount of pressure so they pop certain abilities that may give you an opening to get the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post
    True if youre talking about prot.... but false if anything else... ive 1v1 all these classes and won as fury, the only one i cant do is 1v1 disc priests, especially if they roll with reflective shield.

You just have to time your CDs correctly, know when to use your burst, apply the right amount of pressure so they pop certain abilities that may give you an opening to get the kill
    You duel people that are not good at dueling if you only have problems with priest.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Flawless Defense is trash. It depends on people attacking you to be worth using. It's good in places like Ashran, but in arena its worthless.

Better glyph options are: Glyph of Heroic Leap, Glyph of Rallying Cry, Glyph of Rude Interruption, Glyph of Enraged Speed, Glyph of Blitz, Glyph of Unending Rage (This one is good with Furious Strikes). I run Warbringer (because its the best choice) and I feel that Glyph of Heroic Leap almost becomes mandatory. The rest are options depending on what you're up against. Glyph of Blitz + Warbringer + Shockwave is really good against mindless melee teams.

I like Rallying Cry glyph for survivability. The healing is noticeable if you use Rallying Cry while you have burst damage up (Avatar/Reck/procs). It's basically another way to be able to play super offensive while on the brink of death. The problem with this glyph is that its completely worthless if you need to use it for team mates. It's a good solo glyph, but in most cases, its worthless in arena.

Mastery is the best stat for Fury in PvP. Get as much Mastery as possible including the weapon enchants.

Everything about Fury is waiting for mastery weapon procs and stacking Avatar/Reck with them to get as much burst as possible. It's also a good idea to use SD executes during trinket procs/mastery procs to maximize the burst potential of SD Fury.

The thing about Mastery stacked Fury is to make sure that you're always enraged nearly 100% of the time. Otherwise, don't even bother using anything outside of Wild Strike/Bloodthirst because you'll just be wasting damage.
    Reducing their chance to crit on me is trash? Alright, sounds like pretty good advice though.. will swap to Unending Rage glyph and run with Furious Strikes instead of Sudden Death; I'll see how that works out tonight.

DAMMIT I read in several places to focus on crit, which makes sense since I need to keep that uptime on Enrage. Is there a set % where I should start swapping to Mastery? I was thinking about 20% crit unbuffed, would be good enough with the recent buff to BT. Lastly, does the Mastery enchant proc often enough for me to make it worth pooling rage / waiting a couple more seconds for? I do have that enchant but did not think about intentionally waiting for it to go all out (still learning!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiimacow View Post
    You duel people that are not good at dueling if you only have problems with priest.
    Not necessarily, other classes are not that hard...yeah the amount of CCs that other classes have versus our mobility despite charge and leap sucks but, you make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reducing their chance to crit on me is trash?
    Remember that Crits do 1.5x damage in PvP, whereas Multistrikes are effectively 1.6x (IIRC).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Glyphs i like pick 3 from enraged speed, shattering throw, bull rush, heroic leap, rude interruption. Depends on comp.

Warriors arent really good at 2s unless you have a healer and even then youre no match to hunter healer and rogue healers.
    If you play with a dk just charge in avatar + everything and sudden death execute its pretty funny when one attack takes off 50% of their hp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post

Hahaha, so you're saying Fury warrior is better in 1v1 than every other class other than Disc Priest.

Thanks for the good laugh, but you must be dueling with 1300 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Hahaha, so you're saying Fury warrior is better in 1v1 than every other class other than Disc Priest.

Thanks for the good laugh, but you must be dueling with 1300 players.

You're welcome!