Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, southwest, $700/mo gets me a 3bdr/2ba house, nice wood floor, full sized kitchen, fenced back yard.
    Out here, $700 gets you a double wide trailer down a dirt road or maybe close to a busy road with a small yard so you can't let kids play outside.
    For what you are talking about out here, you will be looking at probably around $1,200 per month for what I have seen.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Things haven't changed in my area of SC, jobs are barely there and things are worse. I keep hearing about how the economy is better and how they added all these new jobs but nothing has really changed. Boeing came down here a couple years back but they filled all their positions very quickly.

Rent down here is about $900 for an okish 3b/1.5b apartment in a high crime area. $1000-1100 would get you a pretty decent apartment in a nice area, and $1200+ would be a great apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've always had over 20% unemployment. I suppose it may have gone up a bit after 2008 but its not really noticeable to me. If you have some sort of skill you will likely get a job. If you have no skills you will have to fight tooth and nail for a $160 a month manual labour job.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Things haven't changed in my area of SC, jobs are barely there and things are worse. I keep hearing about how the economy is better and how they added all these new jobs but nothing has really changed. Boeing came down here a couple years back but they filled all their positions very quickly.

Rent down here is about $900 for an okish 3b/1.5b apartment in a high crime area. $1000-1100 would get you a pretty decent apartment in a nice area, and $1200+ would be a great apartment.
    I think a big deal of our prices comes from the fact we are so close to Fort Bragg. So they base the prices on BAH and military pay while the businesses want to pay wages of 2nd world countries.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Ok was making my state's minimum wage of $8/hour, which is a little bit higher than the national min of $7.25. Was able to find a studio apt for 350, but had to do all other bills not shared such as internet electricity etc.

One really nice thing about a small place is that most of my electric bills are like 20 bucks. I was able to bike to work most days I lived maybe 3 miles from work so biking was very viable at the time. I did own a car, but sometimes I wouldn't have to get gas for almost a month. (6 weeks I think was the record)

I did try to eat cheaply, but if I wanted to go out I didn't feel constrained at all doing it.
    I could still buy the occasional video game and I was playing WoW for much of the time I lived like this.

I definitely was not able to save any amount of money really, but it was not a bad life to do for the probably 2 years I had to do this.

Any other questions feel free.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yes, because I've done it, not even getting 40 hours per week.
    Stop lying. I make 10 per. Hour now and I.l can survive barely ,but a car is out of the question. And having any life other than surviving is a dream.

Minimum wage = surviving. Not living.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Ok was making my state's minimum wage of $8/hour, which is a little bit higher than the national min of $7.25. Was able to find a studio apt for 350, but had to do all other bills not shared such as internet electricity etc.

One really nice thing about a small place is that most of my electric bills are like 20 bucks. I was able to bike to work most days I lived maybe 3 miles from work so biking was very viable at the time. I did own a car, but sometimes I wouldn't have to get gas for almost a month. (6 weeks I think was the record)

I did try to eat cheaply, but if I wanted to go out I didn't feel constrained at all doing it.
    I could still buy the occasional video game and I was playing WoW for much of the time I lived like this.

I definitely was not able to save any amount of money really, but it was not a bad life to do for the probably 2 years I had to do this.

Any other questions feel free.
    I have one. Tell me how that is relevant to what I originally posted?

Bonus. Tell me how that helps someone in another state?

You see, being all high and mighty because you didn't need a car and rent is cheap in your area doesn't mean everyone else has it that good. Also. It seems like you car was most likely bought and paid for previously. Good luck doing that in min wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Stop lying. I make 10 per. Hour now and I.l can survive barely ,but a car is out of the question. And having any life other than surviving is a dream.

Minimum wage = surviving. Not living.

- - - Updated - - -

I have one. Tell me how that is relevant to what I originally posted?

Bonus. Tell me how that helps someone in another state?

You see, being all high and mighty because you didn't need a car and rent is cheap in your area doesn't mean everyone else has it that good. Also. It seems like you car was most likely bought and paid for previously. Good luck doing that in min wage.
    You said those things were impossible. I refute those claims because I have literally done it therefore not impossible.

You can think I'm lying all you want, but the fact is you probably just aren't smart with your money or something.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2015-03-13 at 02:19 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.