Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What other Adventures would you like to see?

Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain are based on some of the largest high-end areas in WoW - Naxxramas was the final raid of vanilla content and remains one of the largest. Blackrock Mountain is an enormous dungeon and raid hub in Azeroth - containing not only a large un-instanced interior but also 4 distinct dungeons and 3 raids.

I can't think of many other comparable places in WoW, though winged raids like Icecrown Citadel, Throne of Thunder, and Siege of Orgrimmar. But Adventures could also be drawn from expansion themes (a Burning Crusade adventure) or even PvP (an adventure based on classic battlegrounds).

Personally, I think an Ulduar Adventure could be fun. Anyone else have any ideas for Adventures they think they'd like to see?

Karazhan would be a obvious one. Pick the best and most loved raids from WoW as they will be the ones which resonate with people.

Others (off the top of my head)
    Zul'gurub
    SSC (maybe)
    Sunwell
    Zul'Aman?
    Uluduar would be a obvious one as well.
    ICC

No so sure post WOTLK, but I'm sure others can be fitted.

Why base the future expansions around raids?

For example, GvG was based around the engineering profession. I'd love to see an expansion based on pet battles. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE PETS! Easily convertible into hundreds of cards.
    Or elemental invasion? Like when all the different elements came to invade the cities and the zones.
    Or one based off races, locations, such as nagas and the sea. Or Furlogs and the forests and caves. Giants and the mountains. (I'm talking like frost giants, other giants that haven't been in game yet.)
    Or even PvP battles- such as wintergrasp, and Tol Bar (spelling?) or other popular locations where they had a mix of memorable NPCs and fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    Why base the future expansions around raids?

For example, GvG was based around the engineering profession. I'd love to see an expansion based on pet battles. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE PETS! Easily convertible into hundreds of cards.
    Or elemental invasion? Like when all the different elements came to invade the cities and the zones.
    Or one based off races, locations, such as nagas and the sea. Or Furlogs and the forests and caves. Giants and the mountains. (I'm talking like frost giants, other giants that haven't been in game yet.)
    Or even PvP battles- such as wintergrasp, and Tol Bar (spelling?) or other popular locations where they had a mix of memorable NPCs and fights.
    GvG was an expansion, essentially a card dump. We're talking about Adventures here, which are better fitted to raids.

Note we haven't got any cards which represent bosses from Kara or ICC, or SSC yet. Ok we do have FL from Ulduar, but theres not much titan stuff yet.

Also nostagia sells, especially for people which don't havr time to play WoW any more (including me), but look back on it fondly, and enjoy hearthstone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Personally, I think an Ulduar Adventure could be fun. Anyone else have any ideas for Adventures they think they'd like to see?
    Agreed, it's contrasting enough from Naxx and Blackrock Mountain and it has a ton of bosses to progress through. Yogg would definitely have some great lines too.

I think an important part of these adventures is the final end-boss and they nailed it going with Kel'Thuzad and Naxx. I hope BRM lives up to it. Is the final boss known yet?

I'd be all for a Temple of Ahn'Qiraj adventure with C'Thun, Karazhan with Medivh, Serpent Shrine Cavern with Vash'j, Black Temple with Illidan, or Sunwell with Kil'jaedan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell
    Black Temple
    Ulduar
    ICC
    maybe a war of the ancients one
    "The Xbox one sucks and the PS4 isn't as Ready as my Body" - Reggie Fils-Aime

My Friend Code is 1864 - 9258 - 8679 PM me if you add me so I can add you back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    I think an important part of these adventures is the final end-boss and they nailed it going with Kel'Thuzad and Naxx. I hope BRM lives up to it. Is the final boss known yet?
    Don't know, but the first 'wing' of the adventure appears to be Blackrock Depths. I'm guessing the wings will be Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and Blackwing Descent, which probably means draco-lich Nefarian as the final boss. Maybe we'll see him bust out a Reanimated Onyxia card.

Some raids aren't large enough to use the same 5-wing model as Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain of course, but combining raids thematically could work - An adventure that went SSC -> Tempest Keep -> and then three wings of Black Temple with Illidan as final boss, or two wings BT and last wing Sunwell with Kil'jaeden as final boss, might work as a 'Burning Crusade' adventure.

Deleted
    Maybe a Burning Crusade themed adventure.

Wing 1: Serpentshrine Cavern
    Wing 2: Tempest Keep
    Wing 3: Black Temple
    Wing 4: Sunwell

The could do it like now with Blackrock: Not include all of the bosses into one wing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kara and Ulduar

Two of the biggest (that is, lots of bosses) and most popular raids in the game's history

Ulduar hard modes were the best fun this game has ever offered me
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Old Zul'Gurub, Ahn'Qiraj, Karazhan, Black Temple, Ulduar, ICC and ToT should be big enough for their own expansion. Siege of Orgrimmar is going to be hard..... considering Garrosh is the warrior hero and all :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Don't know, but the first 'wing' of the adventure appears to be Blackrock Depths. I'm guessing the wings will be Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, and Blackwing Descent, which probably means draco-lich Nefarian as the final boss. Maybe we'll see him bust out a Reanimated Onyxia card.

Some raids aren't large enough to use the same 5-wing model as Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain of course, but combining raids thematically could work - An adventure that went SSC -> Tempest Keep -> and then three wings of Black Temple with Illidan as final boss, or two wings BT and last wing Sunwell with Kil'jaeden as final boss, might work as a 'Burning Crusade' adventure.
    We know what the wings are:
    > Blackrock Depths
    > Molten Core
    >Blackrock Spire
    > Blackwing Lair
    > The Hidden Lab

I'm guessing that The Hidden Lab is Blackwing Descent but with a different story. Rather than it being like in WoW, where Nefarian dies and is resurrected years later, he simply escapes and retreats into the depths of his lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    We know what the wings are:
    > Blackrock Depths
    > Molten Core
    >Blackrock Spire
    > Blackwing Lair
    > The Hidden Lab

I'm guessing that The Hidden Lab is Blackwing Descent but with a different story. Rather than it being like in WoW, where Nefarian dies and is resurrected years later, he simply escapes and retreats into the depths of his lab.
    Even though they started with Naxx I think they are following (to an extent) their raid release order with MC/BWL in a single adventure but I can't say for certain until I hear if the 3rd adventure is Ahn'Qiraj or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    Agreed, it's contrasting enough from Naxx and Blackrock Mountain and it has a ton of bosses to progress through. Yogg would definitely have some great lines too.

I'd be all for a Temple of Ahn'Qiraj adventure with C'Thun, Karazhan with Medivh, Serpent Shrine Cavern with Vash'j, Black Temple with Illidan, or Sunwell with Kil'jaedan.
    Not sure ulduar is possible, I mean, mimiron's already in the game right?

OT: AQ/Old Gods expansion. Wheeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle28 View Post

I think they can get away from that technicality similar to how they had Thaddius as a boss but gives you the cards to summon him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle28 View Post

No, just Mimiron's head. which is a mount. And molten core is part of blackrock mountain, but ragnaros is already a card so there's nothing saying that couldn't happen even if Mimi was a card himself.

OT: I think a PvP adventure would be really cool! Maybe just one based on Alterac Valley, because thats the only one I think could work, but I deff think it could work! Could have all of the commanders and such be legendaries I would love to play drek'thar. Could also make the elementals you summon(or at least *used* to summon) the end bosses

I would LOVE to have a legendary as OP as Lokholar the Ice Lord or Ivus the Forest Lord used to be in the TCG (though lokholar was obv better, #forthehorde)
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2015-03-12 at 11:38 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahsi View Post
    Maybe a Burning Crusade themed adventure.

Wing 1: Serpentshrine Cavern
    Wing 2: Tempest Keep
    Wing 3: Black Temple
    Wing 4: Sunwel

The could do it like now with Blackrock: Not include all of the bosses into one wing.
    SWP doesn't fit into the others other than being TBC. I'd rather replace it with a Hellfire/Mag's Lair combo for the first wing and make it an Illidari adventure.

Deleted
    Black Temple has enough content to be its own adventure (albeit a smaller one), featuring all of the bosses. I plotted it out a little while ago.

Wing 1:
    > Na'jentus
    > Supremus
    > Shade of Akama

Wing 2:
    > Reliquary of Souls
    > Gurtogg Bloodboil
    > Teron Gorefiend

Wing 3:
    > Mother Shahraz
    > Illidari Council
    > Illidan

Then add in the 2 cards per class and you've got 30 cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Black Temple has enough content to be its own adventure (albeit a smaller one), featuring all of the bosses. I plotted it out a little while ago.

Wing 1:
    > Na'jentus
    > Supremus
    > Shade of Akama

Wing 2:
    > Reliquary of Souls
    > Gurtogg Bloodboil
    > Teron Gorefiend

Wing 3:
    > Mother Shahraz
    > Illidari Council
    > Illidan

Then add in the 2 cards per class and you've got 30 cards.
    9+9+9 is 27, not 30. Also, that means you get 2 cards for each class challenge which is not what is happening with BRM, you are getting 1 card for each challenge and some of the bosses also happen to give class cards. In order for this adventure to work I think you would need to also include the battle for mount hyjal, and make it a tier 6 adventure instead of a black temple adventure.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    a garrison adventure would be really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    a garrison adventure would be really cool.
    Yeah and you have to play it every single day or you get behind and eventually lose all your progress #realism