Thread: Hotfix - Shred

Hotfix - Shred

The hotfix that arrived today.

I guess that goes for shred during entire incarnation aswell?

So the damage of shred is decreased with 15% during the entire incarnation?
    Which would result in a small decrease in our burst ait?

Something like 1.5% DPS loss total over the course of a normal fight.
    Pretty negligible in both PvE and PvP, but maybe will appease the "feral is OP crowd"

Still would have preferred a bigger shred nerf and a buff to bleeds to compensate that way the PvP crowd gets an actually noticeable adjustment and the PvE crowd doesn't lose much if anything.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

it's better than nothing.

I just wish they would finally start balancing pvp and pve separately. I am tired of being scared of getting nerfs just because my class is doing really well in an aspect of the game I don't even participate in.

Deleted
    This is primarily a PvP change, burst during incarnation was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    This is primarily a PvP change, burst during incarnation was just ridiculous.
    No, this was PVE and PVP nerf. They are quite capable of lowering damage of shred in pvp only. They didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    No, this was PVE and PVP nerf. They are quite capable of lowering damage of shred in pvp only. They didn't.
    You may very well be right. i just dont see what the reason for nerfing our pve would ever B. our burst is basically the most important part for feral. it doesn't make sense to me at the same time it really doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. i dont see how this will make feral any weaker in pvp or pve it just seems like a waste of time to bring a class down 1%. i dont know how pvp works but i suppose its all about getting the kill so nerfing our burst will tone down our abilty to one shot people pvp?

Deleted
    The Hotfix is in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by COFFEEMAN69 View Post
    You may very well be right. i just dont see what the reason for nerfing our pve would ever B. our burst is basically the most important part for feral. it doesn't make sense to me at the same time it really doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. i dont see how this will make feral any weaker in pvp or pve it just seems like a waste of time to bring a class down 1%. i dont know how pvp works but i suppose its all about getting the kill so nerfing our burst will tone down our abilty to one shot people pvp?
    its more than 1%

if they buff rip by like 10% now id be super happy

Thank fuck, Ferals were just ridiculous. This should help at least somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Thank fuck, Ferals were just ridiculous. This should help at least somewhat.
    ferals were good single target, but thats all we have. arcane mages and bm hunters are still doing better single target and were are their nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by fenrirx View Post
    ferals were good single target, but thats all we have. arcane mages and bm hunters are still doing better single target and were are their nerfs?
    Talking from a PvP perspective, not PvE. It's easy enough for them to buff PvE damage (+5% to Rake, +5% to Rip, +5% to Savage Roar... etc) without making a class able to blow you up in an opener.

Talking from a PvP perspective, not PvE. It's easy enough for them to buff PvE damage (+5% to Rake, +5% to Rip, +5% to Savage Roar... etc) without making a class able to blow you up in an opener.
    Implying that's even gonna change anything what so fucking ever, I would put money that people that don't read notes won't even notice it, they might notice the flat 10% less dmg in PvP for not this feral nerf, this is just a placebo to make PvPers move on from feral crying onto something else for a bit.

l2 cc, it's really visable when they pop cds, outside they don't have big burst
    yet I don't see ferals being bring into rbg, and 3v3 and 5v5 there only few of them

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    l2 cc, it's really visable when they pop cds, outside they don't have big burst
    yet I don't see ferals being bring into rbg, and 3v3 and 5v5 there only few of them
    Yeah you could same for any class just CC or CD their CDs, but it doesn't work like that with Ferals being immune to Poly and Roots so your options are limited depending on your team or just in general in 2s. As a Rogue, if you don't trinket the Feral's first Rake (assuming he popped CDs) and get at least a Feint up you die. If the other team member is hitting you, you're definitely dead. Generally I'd want to wait for the Feral to open, or open with CR up and keep Feint up knowing he'll want to hit me, but that doesn't help if he finds you first. :/

RBGs are just a clusterfuck of ranged; I don't even know anyone who does 5s; the problem is in 2s and 3s as always. They might not be in 3s as much due to other comps being better but that doesn't stop their burst being pointlessly absurd. Give them something to make up for it, to make them better in 3s (I'd say RBGs too, but welcome to being melee...) and tone them down they'll be fine. Well, they just did nerf Stealth/Incarnation Shred so I assume that's at least a start.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-13 at 12:19 PM.

Yeah you could same for any class just CC or CD their CDs, but it doesn't work like that with Ferals being immune to Poly and Roots so your options are limited depending on your team or just in general in 2s. As a Rogue, if you don't trinket the Feral's first Rake (assuming he popped CDs) and get at least a Feint up you die. If the other team member is hitting you, you're definitely dead. Generally I'd want to wait for the Feral to open, or open with CR up and keep Feint up knowing he'll want to hit me, but that doesn't help if he finds you first. :/

RBGs are just a clusterfuck of ranged; I don't even know anyone who does 5s; the problem is in 2s and 3s as always. They might not be in 3s as much due to other comps being better but that doesn't stop their burst being pointlessly absurd. Give them something to make up for it, to make them better in 3s (I'd say RBGs too, but welcome to being melee...) and tone them down they'll be fine. Well, they just did nerf Stealth/Incarnation Shred so I assume that's at least a start.
    ferals not immune to roots, they can get out of it by wasting gcd on speed buff or shapeshift, and defenetly you could win some seconds on their bad reaction
    thats a really bad rogue if he got opened first...though you have vanish to start a new cycle..
    anyway thats just a certain advice on how to counter them can give more, but the fact is stays not many think themself instead blame it on overbuffed class this season
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-an-F-ing-nerf
    Last edited by Zstr; 2015-03-13 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesse View Post
    I just wish they would finally start balancing pvp and pve separately. I am tired of being scared of getting nerfs just because my class is doing really well in an aspect of the game I don't even participate in.
    You guys were too close to Mages and Hunters, something had to be done.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Can hotfix incarnation but not feral AoE. I knew it was bad idea to renew my subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    You guys were too close to Mages and Hunters, something had to be done.
    inorite

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    ferals not immune to roots, they can get out of it by wasting gcd on speed buff or shapeshift, and defenetly you could win some seconds on their bad reaction
    thats a really bad rogue if he got opened first...though you have vanish to start a new cycle..
    anyway thats just a certain advice on how to counter them can give more, but the fact is stays not many think themself instead blame it on overbuffed class this season
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-an-F-ing-nerf
    Slight exaggeration on immune, but 1second GCD on a Root vs 8 seconds of doing nothing for any other melee - big difference. Dash also removes those without a GCD and Stampeding Roar if you're going to use it either way. Also, bad Rogue for not getting the opener on another stealth class with equal stealth level? Uhuh... It's literally whoever is mashing the fastest with the lowest latency, that is of course if you are both looking directly at each other, if they come from your side they get you - if you come from their side, you get them.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-17 at 01:08 AM.