Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    kouby <3

/10 chars
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

We three tanked and 2 grouped it. No group gets more than 2, healing wasn't an issue, dps wasn't an issue. Worked for us. Get a blood DK if you can, we can solo soak pretty nicely. Obviously people do it other ways, but this worked nicely for my guild, so ymmv

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    We three tanked and 2 grouped it. No group gets more than 2, healing wasn't an issue, dps wasn't an issue. Worked for us. Get a blood DK if you can, we can solo soak pretty nicely. Obviously people do it other ways, but this worked nicely for my guild, so ymmv
    Bears are very good too with Bristling fur and glyphed survival instincts.

Warriors are bad on this fight sadly, just like on Oregorger.

All of these complicated strats when you could 3 tank 3 group it and not even sweat. We went in after reforming our gruul strat with 3 tanks, 3 groups and 4 heals and killed it on our 3rd attempt. You can either scrape by with the bare minimum because you dont want to have somebody go third tank or you can kill it in fewer attempts since the gear check is a joke now.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

So how would this fight work for 3 groups..one being the immunity group and using a Prot Pally and Guardian Tank.
    If using the 1-1-1 strategy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric View Post
    +1
    Easy strat, but i feel like many people dont do it cause there healers are bad i guess?

I can understand if you are used to it you´d go 3 groups anway but being new to this boss, i feel people are making it more difficult then it should be.

If you're using 3 groups, you should not ever be doing one group more than one time in a row. It should always go 1 stack - 1 stack - 1 stack (repeat). You also do NOT need to worry about anything special like an "immune" group. Just run a 6-6-5 or 6-6-6 split (just make sure no one ends up too far away from a few healers). Try not to have all melee in a single group so that they have an easier time spreading for petrify. 3 tanks will make it slightly easier in terms of CD-requirements (tanks will be going to 2 stacks instead of 3), but is certainly not a requirement.

Also, if you have a tank capable of solo soaking (paladin, monk, DK can all easily do it), go ahead and solo soak the 9th slash. You'll go into the smash phase with fewer debuffed players to make healing a little easier. No tank should need to take more than two slashes in a row.

Tanks: A, B, C (assuming B can solo soak a slash) / Marks: Triangle, Diamond, Square
    1) A tanking / B taunts slash into Triangle
    2) A tanking / B taunts slash into Diamond then keeps
    3) B tanking / C taunts slash into Square
    4) B tanking / C taunts slash into Triangle then keeps
    5) C tanking / A taunts slash into Diamond
    6) C tanking / A taunts slash into Square then keeps
    7) A tanking / B taunts slash into Triangle
    8) A tanking / B taunts slash into Diamond then keeps
    9) B solo soaks 9th slash

(smash phase - C should taunt the boss during this to give B time to clear his stacks)

1) C tanking / A taunts slash into Triangle
    2) C tanking / A taunts slash into Diamond then keeps
    3) A tanking / B taunts slash into Square
    4) A tanking / B taunts slash into Triangle then keeps
    5) B tanking / C taunts slash into Diamond
    6) B tanking / C taunts slash into Square then keeps
    7) C tanking / A taunts slash into Triangle
    8) C tanking / A taunts slash into Diamond / B taunts boss and keeps
    9) B solo soaks the 9th slash

(smash phase - A should taunt the boss during this to give B time to clear his stacks)

At this point, we are looped back to the start. Repeat from the beginning (note that the boss will enrage around the 5th slash in this third set).

Deleted
    No reason to go 3 tanks, and warriors aren't bad at all for this(probably better than bears actually), shield block is really strong to mitigate the physical part of the slice and overwhelming blows, you can even do it without externals (nothing/demo shout/shield wall) but i'd recommend using something like demo shout/(shield wall/sac)/(pain sup/shield wall) for a smoother run

We do it in a way that may seem brutal (3 slices on the same group in a row) but if you rotate your cds properly to survive it it's overall much less healing required
    Last edited by mmoc2bcd1f7e82; 2015-05-08 at 12:19 AM.

We 3 tank it to make it easier. It also doesnt make it an instant wipe if a tank dies when you're out of rez's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    Only works for the duration of the taunt debuff on the boss... which is like 3 seconds. Which is plenty to taunt during the cast and after get the boss taunted off.
    Gonna add to this that the taunt debuff is a fixate, thus making it possible for the boss to stay on you for the duration of the debuff even whilst immune. Albeit he will switch right as it wears off so by that 3 second mark you either have the immunity removed from yourself and resume tanking or the other tank taunts it off of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetical question;

How faceroll is the tanking on this boss with 2x Blood DK?
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Hypothetical question;

How faceroll is the tanking on this boss with 2x Blood DK?
    Don't need externals as blood DK. I usually go AMS/Bone shield first slice, rune tap-rune tap on next 2x, every time I take slices. Leaves IBF, DRW (for tanking the boss) and vamp blood, not to mention death pact/purgatory for "oh shit" moments.
    Add externals to the mix (when the tank is tanking gruul, I'd say) and the boss damage to tanks is laughable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Don't need externals as blood DK. I usually go AMS/Bone shield first slice, rune tap-rune tap on next 2x, every time I take slices. Leaves IBF, DRW (for tanking the boss) and vamp blood, not to mention death pact/purgatory for "oh shit" moments.
    Add externals to the mix (when the tank is tanking gruul, I'd say) and the boss damage to tanks is laughable at best.
    Assumed so. Rune Tap OP, leaves alot of room for us if my guild ever gets enough people to do Mythic.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go 3 tank if your main 2 tanks can't handle the damage.

At current gear levels you don't really need anything special to survive slashes and you just save externals to the tank in front of Gruul at high stacks.

As a paladin my guild goes 3 groups 2 tanks, 3 slices each tank and 1-2-1 slice rotation for groups. I go Divine Protection + Shield of the Righteous > Guardian or Ardent Defender + Sotr > Bubbble/BoP. My co-tank is monk so he doesn't need any external either, that leaves me with every external CD ready when I tank Gruul at high stacks.