Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

(M) Hanz + Franz pet pathing issue?

Our guild has been progressing on Mythic Hanz + Franz as of yesterday. I noticed, when opening on Franz, which is who we're starting on. My pet literally will not engage the encounter, sometimes for literally 20+ seconds. I'll be standing there spamming KC and or BW and my pet does nothing just rotates looking at the boss, until finally he runs in. This is been happening on and off throughout the course of the night. Only way I could fix it was by opening on Hanz, anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have a solution aside from the one I attempted.

I saw you posting this last night on btag. Our hunters haven't been having that issue on H&F. Does your group pull them away from the wall, from row 1 to row 2? That's what we do, I could envision some issues if your split is on row 1 (melee) and row 3 (ranged) instead of rows 2 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempur View Post
    Our guild has been progressing on Mythic Hanz + Franz as of yesterday. I noticed, when opening on Franz, which is who we're starting on. My pet literally will not engage the encounter, sometimes for literally 20+ seconds. I'll be standing there spamming KC and or BW and my pet does nothing just rotates looking at the boss, until finally he runs in. This is been happening on and off throughout the course of the night. Only way I could fix it was by opening on Hanz, anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have a solution aside from the one I attempted.
    tookz? is that you?!

Your tank has to pull the boss away from the wall asap or pets bug out. We have our tanks taunt pull and i wait ~2 seconds for it to move off the wall completely before stampeding / sending my pet in.

yes this is very annoying .

What I do is open on the other boss which for whatever reason doesn't have the pathing issues, and when they clump up together I just swap targets.

Assuming you are starting on left side of the room, just start attacking the boss that has to make a marathon. That way pet will start attacking properly and not bug out.

got the same bug yesterday, setting the pet on passive helped me out.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    We ended up trying out having our tank Heroic Throw before engaging the boss. Seemed to work, " most of the time ".

Was the pet stuck in place no matter what, i.e. could you use the move pet command to see if that fixed it, or?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Was the pet stuck in place no matter what, i.e. could you use the move pet command to see if that fixed it, or?
    It literally would just get stuck, and I would go through an entire phase of Bestial Wrath or longer before it would finally move in. Actually, as soon as a stamper would hit that spot, I noticed it would finally move.

It depends on kill times but it could be an option to not stampede on pull. Maybe use it at the end of the fight with lust/hero. My guild dealt with the same things and sometimes during progression it is hard to ask tanks to change. The ideal thing would be for the tanks to move the boss off the wall. I played lone wolf marks and delayed my stampede by maybe 3-4 seconds to reduce the chances of the pathing issues.

I see the OP is playing BM, you could try opening with the double cobra and hope the boss is moved off the wall for your BW/KC. Ultimately three seconds of your opener is worth sacrificing on progression pulls.
    Last edited by Zaity; 2015-03-13 at 08:43 PM.

Well, this explains a lot.. My dps has been utter shit on this fight for some reason.