Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    So wait, Kalis, quick question...are Greeks considered white if it's convenient?

Because some posters around here would have me believe we're not actually white people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So wait, Kalis, quick question...are Greeks considered white if it's convenient?

Because some posters around here would have me believe we're not actually white people...
    I've never had anyone say I wasn't white and ex-girlfriends have called me all sorts of things, then again I'm not actually Greek, however I've never heard it said about Turks or Greeks living in London.

Although some posters around here have stated that they don't consider Greeks to be real Europeans, which is somewhat odd considering the origins of the word.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    It's not discrimination. Employers aren't on the lookout for female programmers because they consider men stupid or inferior
    no, that just means they are not sexist. That is still very much discrimination.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Life as a white, heterosexual, middle class male is a piece of cake, so why not throw the others a few crumbs every now and then?
    Because it's coding. You either perform or not. None cared what and who you are tbh...

Diversity has become a bad thing in America.
    Our country has a way of going WAY too far with everything.

Attack our naval base and kill a few of our troops? We nuke two of your biggest cities and massacre countless of innocent people.
    Give rights to minorities and women? Workplaces subsequently start hiring those people over better qualified white people simply because of their gender and skin color to make it look like they care.

Acknowledging the existence of gender or race should be ILLEGAL outside of healthcare, if any business is found hiring people on those merits they should be fined extraordinarily high for every instance of it. The very act of saying "Especially encouraging women and minorities to apply" should earn them a hefty fine for every time it airs over the radio.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2015-03-18 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Its not a piece of cake when you are denied a job simply because of your sex or skin color.
    Except this doesn't happen...

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in the last few pages who missed it, you can calm down. This didn't actually happen. It was a fake job posting troll.

And if this did happen, it would probably be under the context of targeted hiring, which is where you want a certain type of person for a job. Marketing for men? Hire a man. Making software for women? Hire female software engineers. Making a play with a white christian male role? Hire one of those. This is different from discriminatory hiring where you refuse to hire a certain group without a real reason
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-03-18 at 09:57 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    And if not, what is to be done about it?
    What should one do about it, without discriminating?

Deleted
    If you live in a democratic country, action them in court for discrimination. With a decently good lawyer you could set yourself for a lifetime/.

Deleted
    This creates a dangerous precedent, not to mention the highly discriminating nature of this decision.
    I believe in a society were people are treated equally, instead we're moving backwards into favoritism, only this time its on the other end of the gender spectrum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    This creates a dangerous precedent, not to mention the highly discriminating nature of this decision.
    I believe in a society were people are treated equally, instead we're moving backwards into favoritism, only this time its on the other end of the gender spectrum.
    Treated equally is not possible, because people aren't born the same, nor are they brought up the same or taught the same things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    There's no possible about it. It is definitely happening. It's a systematic problem.
    No, it is not.
    Every single lack of female worker issue is a lack of the necessary qualifications.
    as long as 90% of the programmers are male, then by some strange coincidence, it is going to be 90% males in the workforce, fancy that.
    Besides, even conceding your point, it remains sexist, and thus on par with fucking for chastity.

I wish I could get away with only hiring women.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Every single lack of female worker issue is a lack of the necessary qualifications.
    Citation required.

Kinda cute how this actually shocks people. this is happening in universities for quite some time now. My old uni just recently invited everyone interested to partake in the recruitment proceedings for a new prof in regards to software engineering, by playing the audience. Now everyone knows there are next to no women in the field, yet somehow they managed to find 8-9 women and only invite those. You can tell me what ever you want, but there is no way they selected based on merit here, the hang out was also written with clear wording regarding all applicants being women as well, etc. Quota based hiring is already a thing in education, just a matter of time until it happens in other sectors.