Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Feral Druids need an F-ing nerf...

So just a few minutes ago I was doing arena with a mate (whos a warrior with full PVP and a couple epics) at around 1.4k mmr. We came up against all the arsehole comps and lost ofc.. Then we came up against Mage/Feral, the Mage dropped like a sack and my mate went down with him, so it was me against the feral (I'm a frost DK), I was around full health and almost immediately took down to half, I came back and fought for around 5 minutes, with 3 times where I was below 5% health and death strikes took me to the point of my CDs being ready to help me, in this 5 minutes the feral played like a complete PUSSY, running away at half health and pillar hugging MULTIPLE TIMES so I couldnt make it to him to interrupt his healing, he also managed to take me down around 25% through DoTs and passively heal himself to 100%, I eventually lost due to his pussy play and OP spec, this is a DEATH KNIGHT talking.
    Does anybody agree with me that Ferals may need a bit of a nerf..?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Ever since Feral lost Barkskin, they've never really been good. Damage is really the only thing that spec has. I mean yeah sure they hit hard and are basically immune to slows, but they're so vulnerable against stuns. And unlike Rogues, they don't have a spammable damage reduction ability or Evasion. Feral sucks, I don't understand why people think they're good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    So just a few minutes ago I was doing arena with a mate (whos a warrior with full PVP and a couple epics) at around 1.4k mmr. We came up against all the arsehole comps and lost ofc.. Then we came up against Mage/Feral, the Mage dropped like a sack and my mate went down with him, so it was me against the feral (I'm a frost DK), I was around full health and almost immediately took down to half, I came back and fought for around 5 minutes, with 3 times where I was below 5% health and death strikes took me to the point of my CDs being ready to help me, in this 5 minutes the feral played like a complete PUSSY, running away at half health and pillar hugging MULTIPLE TIMES so I couldnt make it to him to interrupt his healing, he also managed to take me down around 25% through DoTs and passively heal himself to 100%, I eventually lost due to his pussy play and OP spec, this is a DEATH KNIGHT talking.
    Does anybody agree with me that Ferals may need a bit of a nerf..?
    Slightly biased as I've played feral for years, but 1v1s are not what the game is balanced around. Tbh if I was in his shoes I'd have done the exact same thing. 2s is not a balanced bracket sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral is pretty ridiculous. Their self healing is very broken. They can heal nearly as well as a healer while dealing pretty serious burst. They are one of the reasons I gave up trying to play healers in 2s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Feral is pretty ridiculous. Their self healing is very broken. They can heal nearly as well as a healer while dealing pretty serious burst. They are one of the reasons I gave up trying to play healers in 2s.
    In that game he healed 600k less than the damage he did...

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh i couldnt believe feral got BUFFED in 6.1, they were on everyones gofuckyourself list before, now its even worse
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    I was around full health and almost immediately took down to half, I came back and fought for around 5 minutes [...] in this 5 minutes the feral played like a complete PUSSY, running away at half health and pillar hugging MULTIPLE TIMES so I couldnt make it to him to interrupt his healing[...]
    Ferals do insane burst I agree, but using pillar hugging and resetting is just using your class to the full potential - some classes require it to even be on par with others, especially Rogues.

On a different note though, I'd say you Frost DKs need to be toned down along with Ferals. With Feint & Combat Readiness up I took nearly 300k damage within a Stormbolt from the DK alone, purely Obliterate spam. RNG KM proccs are not skill.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-12 at 11:41 PM.

A DK don't lose to a feral if they're equally skilled.
    This is a player issue.

I play feral and i hate incarnation because it's a brainless, strong burst and i want that nerfed, and forest buffed, but a DK losing to a feral is just terrible and has nothing to do with them being OP:P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to say what kind of nerf in the first place. While it's frustrating to play against a class that needs to reset fights in order to win (and consequently play against a player who's competent enough to reset consistently), I see the need for it to do that. Even though their damage IS high, you have your defensive cds and you pretty much implied that without him resetting THREE TO FOUR times, he would've lost.

How else did you expect him to play? He was playing to win, not to "STRAIGHT UP MAN TO MAN LET'S DO EEET". Again, I know it's frustrating as shit; I play a warrior so I get kited by ferals even worse than you do. If he needs to hump a damn pillar to get those points though, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I do think they need a nerf somewhere, but if it's damage then they're gonna need a buff somewhere else. Actually, I agree with a nerf to their self healing. It's bullshit when they can pillar hump for all of 5 seconds and go from 35% - 90%, plus stealth up again. I think everything else about them can still be dealt with in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    tbh i couldnt believe feral got BUFFED in 6.1, they were on everyones gofuckyourself list before, now its even worse
    Feral got buffed because it was behind in PvE.

Lol ... pussy play ???

Nerf all range cause they play pussy !!!

This is completely skill or experience issue.
    an experience feral know that he can die from 60% or 70% health in a Stun Burst

- Save your Grip as finisher when he is on really low health ( he is melee, he will come to you )
    - Save your stun, use it at least when his health are 50% - 70%, or he is running away
    - Save your burst after stun.

Deleted
    Just counter his incarnation and spam dispel. I'm playing Unholy so my pet is on him, plus dots. 2x stun and hes dead. 1vs1 i don't have problems with them. I find them extremely annoying with ret pala. The amount of heal they can put out is just retarded, that should be toned down. As someone pointed out, feral burst is only thing that's keeping them competitive (other then offheals). In fact this whole expansion buffed self healing a little too much.

Deleted
    I disagree, I play both feral and frost do in pvp and I love facing freaks as my frost DK they drop so easily, dispel the rejuvs that he applies and have a stun ready for incarnation, if they trinket stun again and kill them in that stun, you can easily kill them in a stun with oblierate spam. If for some reason you don't kill it in the stun just play defensive with blood pres, till the stuns are back up. If the feral pillar humps remember you can mount up to close the gap again cos you'll most likely have dropped combat. Hope that helps a little I'm not the greatest of papers but just what I have picked up.

Deleted
    I strongly disagree, just because you lost 1vs1 against class x doesnt mean that justifies a nerf to that class.

Seems more to me that OP needs a skill-buff.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2015-03-13 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned 1 vs 1 will never be balanced. Feral Druids eat my warrior, I might as well be naked and wielding noodles, but on my Mage I find Ferals pretty easy to kill. You will struggle against some class, and eat the rest.

Deleted
    You survived 1v1 for 5 minutes against one of the highest burst damage specs in the game and they're the problem? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post
    Slightly biased as I've played feral for years, but 1v1s are not what the game is balanced around. Tbh if I was in his shoes I'd have done the exact same thing. 2s is not a balanced bracket sorry.
    so what you're saying is "it's okay that we're ludricously overpowered in every other aspect because we're only somewhat overpowered in 3v3"

sure am glad most pvp isn't actually 3v3!

Someone is mad

If you lose to a feral as DK, you are doing something wrong.

Well i was in Ashran yesterday on my full pvp blues and some epics wawrrior, when i suddenly got stunned by a feral coming out of stealth, i didn't even had time to react to use my insignia because i already was dead.

It was really a WTF situation xD Not saying they are OP, but dang, man xD