Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Damn that was an amazing match. I was rooting for NiP, but Fnatic did an amazing job.

Plus, over 980,000 people were watching the grand finals. I'm extremely glad to see CSGO doing incredibly well in the competitive scene.
    Last edited by Dudemanguy; 2015-03-15 at 03:47 PM.

thanks for an other pickem challenge gold medal.. i bettet fnatic but would have been ok with NiP winning Alu just did a great job for NiP i hope they keep him .

was a crazy match 980k spectators , 3 maps until the last round fuck that was entertaining

only thing that dissapointed me is that you could not by the kato pins in game they cost 13€ over there i just wanted one

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    Damn that was an amazing match. I was rooting for NiP, but Fnatic did an amazing job.

Plus, over 980,000 people were watching the grand finals. I'm extremely glad to see CSGO doing incredibly well in the competitive scene.
    Yeah Fnatic was amazing, but NiP was damn impressive in the end, those retakes was just so great. Shame they didn't get that last defuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Yeah Fnatic was amazing, but NiP was damn impressive in the end, those retakes was just so great. Shame they didn't get that last defuse.
    I know, it was very close. I was really hoping for NiP to start Overtime. That last defuse. >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    CSGO hit 1 million people watching it in the finals, and people say that the game is not as big as 1.6 lol.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    It is no secret that the introduction of skins and skin betting has played a huge role in CS:GO's rise. This polish crowd though, absolutely amazing.
    The induction of skins? SKins have been apart of CS for well over 13 years. I spent the better part of my highschool years skinning and creating models for CSS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The induction of skins? SKins have been apart of CS for well over 13 years. I spent the better part of my highschool years skinning and creating models for CSS.
    The skins that you are talking about are skins that ONLY you can see and not others. Many skins in CSGO are worth a shit ton of money, my friend got a M9 Bayonet Tiger Tooth factory new and sold it for 800$ on CSGO lounge, the skins that you can get now are far higher quality then the shit you could get in 1.6 and CSS.

The highest price for a knife that has been sold is 24k$.

Stattrack M9 Bayonet Tiger Tooth worth around 1.5k - 2k$

Stattrack AK-47 Vulcan, minimal wear is worth 250$+. My favorite AK skin.
    Last edited by Torched; 2015-03-16 at 02:43 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I like how people compared CS:GO and 1.6..

CS:GO suddenly got famous the last year, maybe 2 years but not really..No one cares for it when it came out..It became much more famous this last year.. cause apart from the nostalgia of all the people that played it, well into their 30/40s now its..wait for it? LIGHTWEIGHT ON THE MACHINE!

For the same reason LoL became so popular, CS:GO is popular, its a good game that doesnt require a 1000$ PC to run and hence exploded since believe it or not, the majority doesnt have 1000$ gaming PCs that can handle the latest BF or CoD no matter whether you think they are "good" or "bad" games.

The majority has some shit laptop or some 500$ PC, CS:GO plays decently on those-->Famous quickly.

The majority makes the money and numbers, the majority is who decides what game suddenly explodes and what doesnt, the majority has toasters, the majority makes games explode in popularity.
    Last edited by potis; 2015-03-16 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The skins that you are talking about are skins that ONLY you can see and not others. Many skins in CSGO are worth a shit ton of money, my friend got a M9 Bayonet Tiger Tooth factory new and sold it for 800$ on CSGO lounge, the skins that you can get now are far higher quality then the shit you could get in 1.6 and CSS.

The highest price for a knife that has been sold is 24k$.

Stattrack AK-47 Vulcan, minimal wear is worth 250$+. My favorite AK skin.
    Wow, i didnt know that the game had gone down this far. So valve has turned the skins on counter strike into a microtransaction fiesta for them to make more money off of. This disgusts me. After being in the skinning and modeling scene for several years durring 1.6 and CSS the amount of time and effort and craftmanship that they put into what they did was amazing and they did it for free. For valve to latch onto this to rake in more money as if they needed it just makes me shake my head.

Also one of the main problem with cs has not always been the skins its been the sub quality animations and models that they put out. Like how css m4 had the same animation error that was present when gooseman first coded the game.

I don't understand the skins tbh, valve just wants money lol
    #sourceringer RIP
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    I don't understand the skins tbh, valve just wants money lol
    #sourceringer RIP
    I guess they saw it as an untapped market they could make money off of which operated for free for some 15ish years. Instead of making source 2, HL3, or a brand new CS and not just a tweaked version of CSS, they would rather try and monitize skins.

Wow, i didnt know that the game had gone down this far. So valve has turned the skins on counter strike into a microtransaction fiesta for them to make more money off of. This disgusts me. After being in the skinning and modeling scene for several years durring 1.6 and CSS the amount of time and effort and craftmanship that they put into what they did was amazing and they did it for free. For valve to latch onto this to rake in more money as if they needed it just makes me shake my head.

Also one of the main problem with cs has not always been the skins its been the sub quality animations and models that they put out. Like how css m4 had the same animation error that was present when gooseman first coded the game.
    I don't really think we can say much about it. Valve puts that game on throws up big money and millions of people enjoy it and the tournaments they host. The skins change absolutely nothing about the gameplay they're just making cash off of people willing to spend it and leaving the actual game and its mechanics alone. Too many developers would sell +25% damage AKs only $50. They're pretty much bulletproof at this point they do so much for their community it puts almost every developer to shame.

-50% on all Counterstrike games on Steam btw, including CSGO.

10+ Year Old Account

All of the skins are made by skin makers and they get a shit ton of money from it, Valve reported some weeks back that they had paid 56 million dollars to skin makers since skins came out in CSGO.

One of the reasons why skins are popular is because of betting them on games on sites like CSGO Lounge, it´s a gambling thing.

Well Zeta you pride yourself of making skins back in the day, how about you show something for it and make a skin that makes it into one of the crates?

Also Valve is not the only ones making money of skins, I have made more money of skins than I have put into the game.
    Last edited by Torched; 2015-03-16 at 05:26 PM.
    -The Acts of Pilate.

All of the skins are made by skin makers and they get a shit ton of money from it, Valve reported some weeks back that they had paid 56 million dollars to skin makers since skins came out in CSGO.

One of the reasons why skins are popular is because of betting them on games on sites like CSGO Lounge, it´s a gambling thing.

Well Zeta you pride yourself of making skins back in the day, how about you show something for it and make a skin that makes it into one of the crates?

Also Valve is not the only ones making money of skins, I have made more money of skins than I have put into the game.
    read

Get back to me when you can do more than a skin and ill consider it. Untill then its like spraypainting a smileyface of a pile of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

They're pretty much bulletproof at this point they do so much for their community it puts almost every developer to shame.
    Ah yes that 15% tax on a former free market is doing so much for the community.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah yes that 15% tax on a former free market is doing so much for the community.
    So you´re saying that skin makers that made no money before and have made 56million dollars since the skins came out in CSGO is a bad thing? I would say that´s doing a very good thing for the skin makers community and the CS community aswell since you can make money of the skins that you get, and no one is forcing people to buy keys for their crates.

Why the hell are you so bitter against Valve anyway, for years I have seen you nothing but cry about them for no reason it would seem.
    Last edited by Torched; 2015-03-16 at 10:44 PM.
    -The Acts of Pilate.

So you´re saying that skin makers that made no money before and have made 56million dollars since the skins came out in CSGO is a bad thing? I would say that´s doing a very good thing for the skin makers community and the CS community aswell since you can make money of the skins that you get, and no one is forcing people to buy keys for their crates.

Why the hell are you so bitter against Valve anyway, for years I have seen you nothing but cry about them for no reason it would seem.
    thing is they didnt JUST make skins, New models and skins were hand in hand along with different animations. This has killed the models and animations and they focus only on the skins put ontop of valve trash default models and animations.

Im upset with valve because instead of giving us new games they spit polish shit thats more than 10 years old and branch out to more shit like VR goggles and consoles instead of giving us new games or a new engine, and then they find a way to make money off of somthing that used to be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't get into CS:GO. I think it's pretty bleh. If MLG didn't pick up CS:GO it would be a dead game, like many others. I have always felt pretty weird playing an FPS on the PC anyways, idk. It's really strange I feel that way but I do. I could always get a controller for my pc but that would be a huge disadvantage for the platform i'd be playing on when doing an online match so i'll stick to my shitboxone for fps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

i play high level cs:go and watch the tours as well, of course i dont play wow anymore. I think cs:go > wow anyways in the regards that it remind me how to feels to be 10+ years ago... wish wow could do the same but they cnat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I just can't get into CS:GO. I think it's pretty bleh. If MLG didn't pick up CS:GO it would be a dead game, like many others. I have always felt pretty weird playing an FPS on the PC anyways, idk. It's really strange I feel that way but I do. I could always get a controller for my pc but that would be a huge disadvantage for the platform i'd be playing on when doing an online match so i'll stick to my shitboxone for fps
    If MLG didint pick it up it would be a dead game?
    MLG does not even come close to ESL in size and views and MLG is tiny compared to the views of ESL.
    Mostly console gamers look at MLG as big, it´s not big at all for the PC community, LoL is the biggest Esport game in the world and DoTA2 is the second biggest if you look at the views of it and CSGO is third.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/seasons

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/pc

According to that CSGO has been at 1 event at MLG,how the fuck would it be a dead game if it was not at that one event in January?
    The biggest Esport game in the world LoL is not even in MLG.
    Last edited by Torched; 2015-03-17 at 09:31 PM.
    -The Acts of Pilate.