Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Busted! - Embarassing the crap out of yourself

So, I suppose this could theoretically go into fun stuff, but it's not like a forum game or anything really, so I'll put it here. Mods can decide if it's out of place.

Anyway...

Have you ever had a moment where you just looked stupid as hell... and it was absolutely, 100% inescapably entirely your own damn fault?

Share your stories!

I'll start with one of my own.

When I was in college I knew a few of the cheerleaders, because they had been people I knew in high school and junior high. I also would occasionally have just random interactions with other ones, being in the same classes and whatnot.

So anyway, my parents would come up for football games a lot, and I'd sit with them sometimes (they would get 4 season tickets, and most games they'd bring another couple with them, and I'd get student tickets for those games).

So one day we're at a game like that, sitting there talking, and I recognize a cheerleader that I don't actually know, I just have 1 class with her (she was drop-dead gorgeous, btw). Didn't even know her name, I think we had been put in a same in-class group one time, but never actually spoken to each other. Still, being a college kid, I wanted to look cool, so I pointed her out and was like "oh hey, I know that cheerleader!"

It took me a minute to establish which one I was pointing out, and when I finally did...

My mom gestures at the couple sitting directly in front of us the next row forward and says "Oh, that's her parents right there."

They, of course, had heard the whole conversation, and so the lady turns around and says "Oh really? What's your name? I'll have to tel her we met you!"

At which point I'm stuck fumbling, going, "Well, uh, I don't think she'd actually know my name or anything."

Whoops! So yeah, let's all talk about how stupid we've occasionally been or at least made ourselves look!

15+ Year Old Account
    You should have just improvised man!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I let one rip in science class.
    You cared enough to post.

I am good with 12 to 14 glasses of wine usually. Once there was an after-hours office party and I boasted I could have 20 glasses easy. 3 colleagues challenged me and I was out after 8 glasses but on an empty stomach (they left me overnight on the couch and I couldn't remember a thing). Still a running joke around the office to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I am good with 12 to 14 glasses of wine usually. Once there was an after-hours office party and I boasted I could have 20 glasses easy. 3 colleagues challenged me and I was out after 8 glasses but on an empty stomach (they left me overnight on the couch and I couldn't remember a thing). Still a running joke around the office to this day.
    If I drank 12 to 14 glasses of grape juice I'd embarrass the shit out of myself... quite literally.

Deleted
    I've seen so many.

People pretending to be others, lying about events in their life, pretending to have partners they didn't, looking for attention and getting called out, faking injuries.

Fairly cringe inducing stuff.

IRL wise I'm fortunate to avoid a majority but I once saw a homeless women fake being hurt to get change.

There was a Trader Joe's by this one place I worked. It's sort of a grocery store that stocks a lot of cheap imported things. I got this huge can of prunes on sale. They were pretty good but I couldn't finish them all at once so I stuck them in my desk and went home for the weekend.

When I returned to work my office smelled like a distillery, people were complaining, human resources had put up some air fresheners.

A few years before that I took the brand new backhoe at work and rammed the brand new pickup putting a huge dent in it. My boss came out, looked at the damage and yelled, you are not my friend, you are my enemy!

I have legions of stories.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually stating conclusions with untrue facts or premisses. When presenting a term project related to labor economics, I used an analogy about potato farms and spoke about how a ladder could be consider capital to pick the potatos from the tree.

My professor, whom was an immigrant from southeast asia, mad a bit of a weird face and I heard whispers immediately after the staement. When the presentation was over, a student who i'm good friends with raised her hand and said

"That analogy you used earlier about the potato tree."

Me: "what about it?"

Her: "Potatoes grow out of the ground, not on trees."

Me: "What? No they don't."

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Usually stating conclusions with untrue facts or premisses. When presenting a term project related to labor economics, I used an analogy about potato farms and spoke about how a ladder could be consider capital to pick the potatos from the tree.

My professor, whom was an immigrant from southeast asia, mad a bit of a weird face and I heard whispers immediately after the staement. When the presentation was over, a student who i'm good friends with raised her hand and said

Still gets me to this day.

Also I can't think of anything really off hand, I don't really embarrass myself hugely, usually others around me do it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Also I can't think of anything really off hand, I don't really embarrass myself hugely, usually others around me do it for me.
    I got a few.

Back when I wrestled in HS, I had to wrestle the #1 nationally ranked 215 guy at the time. Was doing fine until he put me in a cradle something fierce.

Made the front page of the local newspaper.

Well, if you can't laugh at yourself..

Some things should just fucking die on the internet.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-03-13 at 03:50 AM.

I slipped and done the splits multiple times. I am a male that shit hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to a restaurant in high school, with some guy friends, and the host sat us down and told us that Alex will be with us shortly. I turned and said, I hope Alex is hot. Turned out to be a guy. (I had only known female Alex's up to that point)

I got a few.

Back when I wrestled in HS, I had to wrestle the #1 nationally ranked 215 guy at the time. Was doing fine until the third period where he put me in a cradle something fierce.

Made the front page of the local newspaper.
    Oh my.

The best I got is one thing my friends won't let me live down.
    We were walking back to my girlfriend's house and I saw a dollar on the road so I pointed at it, went "ooo!" and walked over to get it.

My other friend, in his infinite stupidity, said "Did you see that? he just monkeyed a dollar!". So they kept calling me a gorilla/monkey.

It even went so far that my friend had a dream I was in his house in overalls and I said "You might go real, but I go reala"

At an FBI/CIA retirement dinner, best part of which was the conversations I had with a CMH recipient, I fumbled with my drink, one of those small, plastic cups that are crammed with too much ice, not enough gin, a splash of tonic, half a dozen straws...you get the point. The amount of straws in that drink acted as a sort of catapult mechanism, launching ice cubes and gin and tonic a few short feet directly to my front where they christened my Captain and his dress whites. It went eerily silent as I saw in his eyes that he saw in my eyes that I had seen what I had done. He saw that too.

But, everyone was drunk, so what the hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Didn't take me that long to find it....I'm just realizing the courier put it on their website to....

FML

Edit: My recollection of what happend is a bit off. I was cradled in one period.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/high-sc...cc4c002e0.html
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-03-13 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing that I can recall of, I'm rather reserved and never been the type to speak of what I don't know.

I was on my way to Columbus Wizard World comic con last year and on my way there I went through a town that I didn't know. So I had to turn around and took some side streets to do it. When I got back up to the main street I stopped behind a car and sat there waiting for him to go for like 4 minutes. Honking my horn at him and everything. Then it occurred to me that it was a parked car.

I was eating in a real fancy place, and I was pretty tired. I filled a big old bowl with beef stew because I somehow mistook it for soup. (It was like 95% meat and you were supposed to eat it with mashed potatoes). So I ate twice as much meat as the average family there..

I still hear about it, after 10 years.

15+ Year Old Account

And we still give you shit about it to this day here.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose