Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfrog View Post
    I think you're missing the point a bit. It's the people who are doing the split runs who are not happy having to grind out hours of raiding before the real progression even begins, as well as having to squeeze in another 5-6 raids while trying to progress on mythic bosses. I'm pretty sure the first time I heard the personal loot suggestion was from someone in Ascension in the FinalBoss interview.
    Not missing the point in the slightest. It is THEIR choice to push content like this, they are not in any way at all forced to funnel loot to mains whilst raiding on their alts. They choose to do this because it gets the the progress speed they want to do. If they are feeling "burned out" from raiding multiple times then they should cut down. Again, Blizzard are not forcing them to raid like this, they are putting this type of pressure on themselves.

Ugh taking this off topic here but honestly what exactly would you like to see them add to the game for you to do outside of raiding? You could do dungeons, bgs, arenas, world pvp, quests, dailies, weeklies, garrison stuff, farming, LFR, other raid difficulties, outdoor bosses, old raids... The list goes on and on and on and on. Just because you don't find these things fun or rewarding enough doesn't mean there's nothing to do.
    The dude I replied to thinks that Blizzard must somehow cater to top raiding guilds or we won't get cool PVE content is hilarious.

And in your whole list of "stuff-to-do" only Garrisons and the Mythic difficulty are a WoD-exclusive feature, the rest you don't even need to buy WoD to experience them. So you basically proved my point. Dungeons/apexis dailies/garrison missions are all pointless and don't give any incentive to do them.

As for mythic difficulty since this is the raids and dungeons forum, look how well it's turning out with all these posts of guilds breaking apart left and right.

Go watch the Preach video about what's wrong with WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thgEOmOgvc0

On topic, people shouldn't really worry about split raids. That's the choice that World First guilds pursue to get ahead in the race. If your guild decides to split raid, you are either a very hardcore guild pushing for progression or you are deluding yourselves and will end up burning yourselves out faster.
    Last edited by corebit; 2015-03-14 at 03:14 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Not missing the point in the slightest. It is THEIR choice to push content like this, they are not in any way at all forced to funnel loot to mains whilst raiding on their alts. They choose to do this because it gets the the progress speed they want to do. If they are feeling "burned out" from raiding multiple times then they should cut down. Again, Blizzard are not forcing them to raid like this, they are putting this type of pressure on themselves.
    That's fine if that's your view but the post of yours I replied to implied something completely different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The dude I replied to thinks that Blizzard must somehow cater to top raiding guilds or we won't get cool PVE content is hilarious.

And in your whole list of "stuff-to-do" only Garrisons and the Mythic difficulty are a WoD-exclusive feature, the rest you don't even need to buy WoD to experience them. So you basically proved my point. Dungeons/apexis dailies/garrison missions are all pointless and don't give any incentive to do them.

As for mythic difficulty since this is the raids and dungeons forum, look how well it's turning out with all these posts of guilds breaking apart left and right.

Go watch the Preach video about what's wrong with WoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thgEOmOgvc0

On topic, people shouldn't really worry about split raids. That's the choice that World First guilds pursue to get ahead in the race. If your guild decides to split raid, you are either a very hardcore guild pushing for progression or you are deluding yourselves and will end up burning yourselves out faster.
    I really don't need to watch some youtube video to define my opinion on a game that I play. I've enjoyed WoD a lot, sorry to hear that you can't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Imagine that. Another complaint video from a guy who has essentially made a living off complaining about the state of World of Warcraft since 2007.

Just opening mythic on the first week (along with normal/heroic) would go a long way towards dealing with the problem because guilds wouldn't have that full mythic-less week to run 5-7 split raids. At the very least, it would force tough decisions to be made as you would either lose mythic time, or gain more split raids.

And unlike the personal loot idea (which would also fix it), this wouldn't have a negative impact on anyone else.

Deleted
    That's fine if that's your view but the post of yours I replied to implied something completely different.
    how is

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    in that case, There is no problem.
    They took the time to level the characters, They are using the loot rules that have been in the game since the very beginning.
    People really will bitch and moan about anything wont they.
    different to

There is no difference, except I expanded upon the original post I made, and the point I made in my first post still stands

"People really will bitch and moan about anything wont they"

While we go mostly without it everyone who wants to should be free to do so. Regulating how less than a thousand players spend their ingame time is ridiculous.

Deleted
    I don't see much reason for them to keep it in, other than to keep people logging on. It's so much extra work and it's 100% required if you're in the top 100 due to how much of a benefit it gives you. It's kind of a loophole which is why I think it should be resolved, and I feel bad for those who are required by their guilds to gear 6 characters every tier for the next's splitraids. Probably causing a lot of burnout.