Deleted

Warning for boomies Mythic Flamebender progress

Hi, just a warning to fellow boomies , my guild has killed flamebender, and once you control the small kitties it's quite an easy encounter.

But yes. i just wanted to say Don't use your moonwarding glyph, that reduces all your armor for give 10% health

my guild stacks the little feral wannabe's in melee, and they can pretty much one shot you, if you dont remove the glyph.

just a friendly warning.

<edit to remove snark> - that bonus armor has been invaluable for certain abilities, considering how many raid damage effects have been physical damage this expansion (and even last).

Still, good to know, thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-03-13 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Didn't think anyone hasn't used Moonwarding - that bonus armor has been invaluable useless considering how many raid damage effects have been unmitigated physical (bleeds) or magic damage this expansion (and even last).

Still, good to know, thanks for the heads up.
    Fixed for you.

@Critchick Assuming I found the right logs, you died more times from fire damage than melee and on your kill pull you didn't take any melee hits which makes it avoidable damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Fixed for you.

@Critchick Assuming I found the right logs, you died more times from fire damage than melee and on your kill pull you didn't take any melee hits which makes it avoidable damage.
    Thus making removing the glyph useless, and reducing your survivability

Fixed it for you.

(I like this game, who's next!?)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

You make it sound like the extra armor is useless - its not, it works on the following non bleed attacks that are physical:

Gruul: Cave In

Oregoreger: Blackrock Barrage
    (Also, technically the initial hit of Explosive Shard, though as a boomkin you shouldn't be getting hit by that anyhow)

Hanz & Franz: Aftershock, Pulverize, Skullcraker

Flamebender: Devastating Slam and Drop the Hammer, from Aknor Steelbringer (Which granted is minor, as the rest of the fight is fire damage)

Kromog: Thundering Blows (Though that damage is nullified if you are grasped in the rune hands, so not usually useful)

Beastlord: Pin down and Stampede

Thorgar: Delayed Siege Bomb (initial hit is physical), Shoot Rifle, Iron Bellow, Reckless Slash

Iron Maidens: Iron Shot, Penetrating Shot, Blade Dash, Dark Hunt, Blood Soaked Heartseaker

Black Hand: Demolition and Massive Demolition.

I'm not saying the glyph isn't useful (10% health works on all sources of damage which is great and is the better option on most fights) - just pointing out that the armor isn't useless.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-03-13 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Thus making removing the glyph useless, and reducing your survivability

Fixed it for you.

(I like this game, who's next!?)
    Not if he didn't have the glyph on, on the first place!

- - - Updated - - -

You make it sound like the extra armor is useless - its not, it works on the following non bleed attacks that are physical:

(Also, technically the initial hit of Explosive Shard, though as a boomkin you shouldn't be getting hit by that anyhow)

Flamebender: Devastating Slam and Drop the Hammer, from Aknor Steelbringer (Which granted is minor, as the rest of the fight is fire damage)

Kromog: Thundering Blows (Though that damage is nullified if you are grasped in the rune hands, so not usually useful)

Thorgar: Delayed Siege Bomb (initial hit is physical), Shoot Rifle, Iron Bellow, Reckless Slash

Iron Maidens: Iron Shot, Penetrating Shot, Blade Dash, Dark Hunt, Blood Soaked Heartseaker

All of which are non-leathal if done correctly or avoidable. Plus extra HP is useful in both physical and magic mechanics while armor is not.

The amount of armor vs hp is neglectable. its basically 7-8% physical taken vs 10% hp. The glyph should always win.... The only time I come close to dying is when I get double fixated (and anyone can die from that) and even then I just get a pain sup and i'm fine.

I'm not saying the glyph isn't useful (10% health works on all sources of damage which is great and is the better option on most fights) - just pointing out that the armor isn't useless.
    I'm going to call bullshit on this right now, in that I'm >90% that a huge amount of those abilities, are, in fact, not reduced whatsoever by armor.

it works on the following non bleed attacks that are physical:
    All damage reduced by armor is physical, but not all physical damage is reduced by armor. In fact, most raid damage isn't to avoid any kind of disparity between armor classes. Looking at oregorger/Darmac logs, none of the abilities you listed for those bosses are actually affected by armor, since everyone (tanks included) take pretty much the same damage from them.

With few exceptions (like taking melee swings from the dogs on flamebender, which probably wasn't intended but hey, people do it), it's pretty safe to assume your armor is useless and the glyph is just a health increase without a meaningful drawback.

Edit @ Below:
    Crippling Supplex,
    Actually, this isn't reduced by armor either, so it doesn't even affect all tank-oriented physical damage.

Armor's something that's really picky about what it affects.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-03-13 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I'm going to call bullshit on this right now, in that I'm >90% that a huge amount of those abilities, are, in fact, not reduced whatsoever by armor.
    Correct. Only abilities that are reduced by armor is melee swings and abilities that are only meant to hit the tank (Crippling Supplex, physical part of Inferno Slice etc.)

Did not know that, had always thought it was only bleeds that ignored armor for physical damage...well..that's lame

(extracts foot from mouth)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-03-13 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Did not know that, had always thought it was only bleeds that ignored armor for physical damage...well..that's lame

(extracts foot from mouth)
    There were a bunch of abilities in MoP that were physical but weren't affected by armor, mostly "sonic" type abilities.

Blizzard should really consider adding another damage school for that type of physical damage to avoid this kind of confusion.