Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    How heavy is guldans hand?? We could then calculare based on air pressure in brf, assuming similar gravitational laws.

I think the right question is how hot BRF is, cuz hot air can reduce falling speed of materials and objects by putting more opposite preasure on them and also increasing their size and cross section that ends up having more air resistance for that object, so I think spcly in p3 of Blackhand, Travel time must be really high cuz we're at the core of foundary
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    To get 2 SBs between HoGs you should be able to cast them under 4.5 sec as already mentioned
    According to what I said? lol what? I just showed the calculation for shadowbolt's longest cast time possible, to put between two HoGs! where did I talk about HoG's landing shit?
    Here maybe ? Or where does this 4.5 second come from ?

I like to know which part of my post actually made you to say this 10 seconds thing!! cuz I cant find it lol
    I made this very simple example to make you understand why travel time does not matter. Apparently, you did not even get it was an example.

You need 8,3...% haste as Ulto said to get 2 SBs between HoGs. Latency fucks with this, so you'll probably need a bit extra to reliably do it.

However, you shouldn't try to extend shadowflame uptime to the maximum anymore, because:
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    For higher 2stack hog uptime you should cast only one SB between hogs, because pandemic is now on every dot mechanic it will give you +8sec 2 stack hog.
    So what you should try to do is cast the second HoG in the minimum amount of time possible for it to get a full pandemic refresh, which is at 1.8 seconds remaining of the DoT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyang View Post
    So what you should try to do is cast the second HoG in the minimum amount of time possible for it to get a full pandemic refresh, which is at 1.8 seconds remaining of the DoT.
    In theory it's at 1.8, but in reality pandemic extends more than 6*1.3(7.8). With my 8.11% haste I have 1.39 GCD(after casting HoG) and 2.31 Shadowbolt cast time, total of 3.7. So when I do HoG -> SB -> HoG, HoG is refreshed at 2.3 and I get 8.3sec 2 stack HoG. Which is exactly 6seconds more, full duration HoG. I'm not sure how pandemic works exactly, when I do HoG -> HoG it's only 7.8 sec, when I tested this raidbuffed and little bit more haste from gear, I got like 8.6sec 2stack duration with HoG -> SB -> HoG.

Deleted
    In theory it's at 1.8, but in reality pandemic extends more than 6*1.3(7.8). With my 8.11% haste I have 1.39 GCD(after casting HoG) and 2.31 Shadowbolt cast time, total of 3.7. So when I do HoG -> SB -> HoG, HoG is refreshed at 2.3 and I get 8.3sec 2 stack HoG. Which is exactly 6seconds more, full duration HoG. I'm not sure how pandemic works exactly, when I do HoG -> HoG it's only 7.8 sec, when I tested this raidbuffed and little bit more haste from gear, I got like 8.6sec 2stack duration with HoG -> SB -> HoG.
    and how exactly does adding 30% to a duration of 6 seconds becomes 8.3seconds? I just asked my 12yr old kid to do me the math and he said "dad but it can't be more than 7.8seconds it's impossible"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zumba View Post
    and how exactly does adding 30% to a duration of 6 seconds becomes 8.3seconds? I just asked my 12yr old kid to do me the math and he said "dad but it can't be more than 7.8seconds it's impossible"
    I dunno, you can easily test this yourself by hitting dummy, I did test this when I made the bost and it was clearly 8.3 seconds. In ToT times I had 150-180 second Doom durations, when with pandemic it was only supposed to have max duration of 90seconds. It's how pandemic is coded in game, dots are clearly not hard coded to have max duration of 130%

Quote Originally Posted by Ulto View Post
    Here maybe ? Or where does this 4.5 second come from ?
    It's just the second page, that must be so hard for you to check just "a few" posts before mine to find it out! you are awesome dude! sry I didn't care or calculate HoG's travel time and how fast my SBs should be, cuz when I started demonology I already had enough haste to don't care about HoG's travel time and just go for my normal rotation. It's the last time I'm bothering to answer you, all I did was to calculate the said window for SBs if it's wrong, quote the original claimer and show him how much this travel time or 2XSB window is. Do something instead of just sayin It's wrong cuz you're getting really annoying!
    green is the color!

Deleted
    I dunno, you can easily test this yourself by hitting dummy, I did test this when I made the bost and it was clearly 8.3 seconds. In ToT times I had 150-180 second Doom durations, when with pandemic it was only supposed to have max duration of 90seconds. It's how pandemic is coded in game, dots are clearly not hard coded to have max duration of 130%
    I have just tested it on dummy and it's 7.8 seconds, confirmed by combat log also from time when 2nd stack hits till debuff runs out.

Deleted
    I have just tested it on dummy and it's 7.8 seconds, confirmed by combat log also from time when 2nd stack hits till debuff runs out.
    Lovely.
    http://i.imgur.com/ygwnx9j.png
    As you can see.
    First HoG hits at 00:00:00.000
    Casted Shadowbolt after
    Second HoG Hits at 00:00:03.712. After that every tick damage is doubled.
    Last tick hits at 00:00:12.037

12.037-3.712 = 8.325 duration for 2 stack shadowflame

9 out of 13 ticks has 2 stack shadowflame.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2015-03-21 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Lovely.
    http://i.imgur.com/ygwnx9j.png
    As you can see.
    First HoG hits at 00:00:00.000
    Casted Shadowbolt after
    Second HoG Hits at 00:00:03.712. After that every tick damage is doubled.
    Last tick hits at 00:00:12.037

12.037-3.712 = 8.325 duration for 2 stack shadowflame

9 out of 13 ticks has 2 stack shadowflame.
    last tick that you have there isn't actual tick, it is damage of remaining dot uptime that didn't have enough time for a full tick based on your haste, and you will see that usually is not following tick pattern in regards to damage (is lower). In my case I had ticks going on for 2k and crits 4k but last "tick" was a crit of 3.1k wich wouldn't make sense if it would be an actual full tick but because of my haste the dot didn't have full duration so I get a "half-tick".

This has all been explained by blizzard when there were many questions/whines by players asking how will pandemic work and dot snapshotting and lost of haste breakpoints we had where when you get enough haste you get extra dot tick. Old thing, nothing new. Addons are immune to that because they show real dot duration, wich they read from LUA function. You can use weakaura and set precision to 2 decimal points for your target to trace shadowflame debuff and you will see what I'm talking about.It will never show you anything over 7.8 seconds.Last tick of any dot in combat log is and will always be the "half-dot-tick" based on your haste since you can't get full tick up, and it is done in that way so people with high haste wouldn't loose damage since dots work different now than it was in MoP.
    Last edited by mmoc4e56aaabbc; 2015-03-21 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    last tick that you have there isn't actual tick, it is damage of remaining dot uptime that didn't have enough time for a full tick based on your haste, and you will see that usually is not following tick pattern in regards to damage (is lower). In my case I had ticks going on for 2k and crits 4k but last "tick" was a crit of 3.1k wich wouldn't make sense if it would be an actual full tick but because of my haste the dot didn't have full duration so I get a "half-tick".

This has all been explained by blizzard when there were many questions/whines by players asking how will pandemic work and dot snapshotting and lost of haste breakpoints we had where when you get enough haste you get extra dot tick. Old thing, nothing new. Addons are immune to that because they show real dot duration, wich they read from LUA function. You can use weakaura and set precision to 2 decimal points for your target to trace shadowflame debuff and you will see what I'm talking about.It will never show you anything over 7.8 seconds.Last tick of any dot in combat log is and will always be the "half-dot-tick" based on your haste since you can't get full tick up, and it is done in that way so people with high haste wouldn't loose damage since dots work different now than it was in MoP.
    You are wrong. First of all, I use both weakauras and needtoknow addons to track shadowflame duration. Both show exactly the same, 8.3seconds, like shown in combat log. Doesn't matter if the last tick is partial or not. I could do the same 0% haste where there are exactly 12 ticks. But because I have haste, it has 12 full ticks but less than 13, so the last one will obviously always be partial tick. And when does the last one tick? at the 12seconds, because 6+6 = 12. It's not hardcoded to be maximum of 30% more. It extends when you refresh dots between ticks. I

I'm pretty sure:
    1. I don't lose any shadowflame uptime doing HoG->SB->HoG, when I refresh it with 2.3 seconds left. Because it goes up to 8.325 duration, instead of 7.8
    2. I gain like 1 more 2 stack shadowflame tick and lose 1 one stack shadowflame tick.

I understand your testing shows you 7.8, because neither of us have no idea how exactly pandemic is programmed. If I do HoG -> SF -> HoG, it goes to 7.8, not over it. There is some magical timing between ticks where it extends it and where it doesn't. If I do HoG -> Instancast -> HoG, it goes to something like 8.2. If I chaincast HoG it goes to 7.8.
    Last edited by mmoc047901df21; 2015-03-21 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    It's just the second page, that must be so hard for you to check just "a few" posts before mine to find it out! you are awesome dude! sry I didn't care or calculate HoG's travel time and how fast my SBs should be, cuz when I started demonology I already had enough haste to don't care about HoG's travel time and just go for my normal rotation. It's the last time I'm bothering to answer you, all I did was to calculate the said window for SBs if it's wrong, quote the original claimer and show him how much this travel time or 2XSB window is. Do something instead of just sayin It's wrong cuz you're getting really annoying!
    Even before you started posting, I had already provided the right haste value and explained why travel time was not to be used.
    Everything else is targeted at making you understand why your reasoning is wrong, but obviously you did not even understand that this was the point, so what can I do ?
    Last edited by mmocc1b5427302; 2015-03-21 at 08:02 PM.