Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Raid attendance will go down more as summer approaches. Always been like that. People like to go out in summer and do outdoor stuff when the weather's good. Which is why raiding is always brutal in summer months - always have been.
    March is the summer now? When did this happen?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

In MN it has been 60 degrees and while that might be cold to some, it is an early spring warm up and yes almost like summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Why waste your time raiding for garbage that has versatility and some other useless secondary stat for your spec? Fuck that.
    Oh, the entertainment value of watching people dismiss everything but the best stats -- weights 0.49 and 0.48 -- because the others are garbage -- weights 0.47, .0.43, 0.40. Oh, yes. Definitely garbage, might as well have sat in greens the whole way.

When people say "entitled", this is what they mean. "I don't raid because I can't get my BiS items as quickly and with the exact stats I want" is definitely a high level entitlement issue.

I am one of the people taking those "breaks"

The game sucks right now and the only thing able to keep me playing is raiding. When the raid atmosphere is serious, aggressive, and not generally fun, I don't want to play. So advice to the OP, make sure your raiders are enjoying there time there, if they aren't, make it enjoyable. You can wipe all night and have fun, or you can wipe all night and scream at eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    To add to your post, look at Wildstar. Its selling point was, before launch, to appeal to the hardcore audience, and the WoW audience who raided 40mans back in Vanilla days.

Game tanked reaaaal quick and most people didn't play beyond the first free month. Wildstar released unfinished, and the attunement process just to get into the first raid was *very* daunting and difficult to do. The most time consuming part, at the time, was getting gold in all the dungeons and adventures. Since then, they've eased up on the raid requirements and tuned them for less people so that's a nice change of pace.

I've not played the game since after the free month myself but I am curious how it has changed since launch.
    They realised that pretty much all the "but haaaard raaaiids" cries were from people who live the fantasy they are awesome, by demanding all these things to make it more of an administrative overhead, or more grinding, before they can raid. That way that can believe they would do it, but the "casual scrubs" wouldn't, and feel like they are really more awesomer.

It's like the cries about "world PvP". Lots of people cry for it, but they migrate to wildly imbalanced realms in favour of their faction since, without CRZ at max level, this means they can live the fantasy that they are tough PvP players risking more than PvE server players ... without actually taking any significant risk.

Anyway, back to Wildstar: dropping attunements and the difficulty of same, move to 20 person raids. Basically, look at what WoW did and copy it, because it turns out that the Blizzard team are actually pretty good at working out how to make good, fun games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    A lot of people are quitting the game again it seems and there are also a lot of guild recruiting atm which makes recruiting motivated players hard... We have the same problem and are having a hard time recruiting new people ..
    Lots of people always quit at this point, no different to any of the previous expansions. Initial thrill of a new xpac wears off, they get tired...

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    March is the summer now? When did this happen?
    And it's not actually even spring yet.

Anyway, he probably meant "raid attendance will go down as <season> approaches", which is an all-purpose excuse that can be used at any time of year. Really flexible!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am one of the people taking those "breaks"

The game sucks right now and the only thing able to keep me playing is raiding. When the raid atmosphere is serious, aggressive, and not generally fun, I don't want to play. So advice to the OP, make sure your raiders are enjoying there time there, if they aren't, make it enjoyable. You can wipe all night and have fun, or you can wipe all night and scream at eachother.
    All that is fine, but it's childish to just stop showing up. Had this happen in MoP and it's annoying as heck. No need to make a production of it - "raiding just seems too tense and I'm not having fun, so I'm out" - but then, that would require WOW players to consider others and many of you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    All that is fine, but it's childish to just stop showing up. Had this happen in MoP and it's annoying as heck. No need to make a production of it - "raiding just seems too tense and I'm not having fun, so I'm out" - but then, that would require WOW players to consider others and many of you don't.
    Or, you could do what I do.

"Hey Mr GM. I am taking a break in a few weeks and I don't know when I will be back, I am giving you advanced notice so I don't seem like a douche."
    "Ok"

Just because I took a break doesn't make me childish. Its pathetic to take a break and not say anything at all, I will agree, but as long as you say something before you dip its fine, not only that, its better to give a reason as to why you are quitting/taking a break so it can be improved. But the way you see it I am just being childish and causing drama. It helps the guild grow and helps people learn there strengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is why you have to do it for them.

If you're familiar with Basketball, just think of yourself as being in the Point Guard position of your Team. You can and will make turnovers, but it is most imperative that in all 48 minutes of play that you make as few of them as possible. Obviously Basketballs and People, and the sport and managing your roster are different things, but the objective is similar enough - you want production to be high with as little setback as possible.

replace people if they dont make a strict attendence requirement. If they cant make it, then they can join another guild.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Oh, the entertainment value of watching people dismiss everything but the best stats -- weights 0.49 and 0.48 -- because the others are garbage -- weights 0.47, .0.43, 0.40. Oh, yes. Definitely garbage, might as well have sat in greens the whole way.

When people say "entitled", this is what they mean. "I don't raid because I can't get my BiS items as quickly and with the exact stats I want" is definitely a high level entitlement issue.
    Try .90 and .56 to .42 .40 ... Highmaul itemization as garbage and blizzard compounded the fact by making specialization bonus rolls include items that were unusable. No, I will not use a versatility mastery ring. If it doesn't have at least BA on it, it's going to be a downgrade. Heroic tectus ring was better than mythic rings my bonus rolls made me eligible for.

And yes this is entitlement, and that's not a bad thing. We're entitled to be rewarded to some extent for doing content. That's more than reasonable. Just like you're entitled to make a post that uses the word 'Entitlement' and assume that you've conquered the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    replace people if they dont make a strict attendence requirement. If they cant make it, then they can join another guild.
    Issue being is that finding people willing to stick around faster than you lose people who can't make it is difficult. Guilds die because they can't keep up with the people who aren't committed and recruitment is a hard process to keep up with week after week. Add in the fact that you can't have a surplus of raiders (22 on your roster incase someone can't raid that night) because no one who gets benched will stick around, and, well, you're screwed.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-03-16 at 06:53 PM.