Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even the parents fault at all. These girls just aren't all there mentally. Hopefully it will be many many many years before they see freedom again. And afterwards they can be monitored for a few years with weekly mental evaluations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Both defendants and the victim, Payton Leutner, were 12 at the time of the stabbing.
    I'm going against the tide and saying that 12 year olds should never be tried as adults. Scientists tell us the human brain isn't completely formed until age 22 or so, younger for girls I guess but 12 year olds don't think like adults.

It's why humans across the globe parent their children for so long.

Trying children as adults... It's one of those laws along with "mandatory minimums" that were put in place to curb the rise in crime that never appeared, crime has fallen in recent years.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I honestly blame the parents in this case. The kids were not monitored as to what they read on the internet. I'm betting they watched a shit ton of horror movies too. Sigh...

The whole putting them on trial as kids thing gets way overused these days. It's fine it is an accident in a situation you had no experience with yet, but clearly misplaced for premeditated murder.

Also as said before, let's hope they don't fuck that up in regards to video game violence.

Edit: But then again those morons were actually kids in the truest sense at the time... it's hard to tell really. Some psychological evaluation is needed here to determine how big of an effect negligance of their parents had. Usually you know that you don't kill things at that age, makes me still wonder how they came to the conclusion to do it still, not to mention the fact that kids are quite capable of discerning reality and fiction - at least normal kids.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-03-14 at 07:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's simple. Bad parenting and mental illness.

Just like those girls who tortured that poor turtle. Whatever happened with them anyways?

Deleted
    they shouldn't go to prison they should go to a psychiatric center until deemed no longer nuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they shouldn't go to prison they should go to a psychiatric center until deemed no longer nuts
    no because in america we actually punish people for their crimes instead of sending them to therapy and releasing them back to commit more crimes.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no because in america we actually punish people for their crimes instead of sending them to therapy and releasing them back to commit more crimes.
    youre aware that people who dont get healthy stay for the rest of their lives in pyschiatric care?

Man, I feel like there must be a lot we don't know about their lives. What kids would plan murder at 12 years old? Because a fictional character told them to? And they believed this for months? I can't think of a 12 year old that has an attention span of an hour let alone months.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    youre aware that people who dont get healthy stay for the rest of their lives in pyschiatric care?
    if they do get a mental institution for some reason they will just be deemed healthy 5-10 years from now and then released....compared to a prison a mental institution is like a retirement center.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    if they do get a mental institution for some reason they will just be deemed healthy 5-10 years from now and then released....compared to a prison a mental institution is like a retirement center.
    you dont get deemed healthy just because youre there, you have to actually get better andi f htey dont they stay their whole lives there

Deleted
    I'm sure putting mentally ill people in general pop is a great idea...

Hell if they were black and had IQs under 60 you could probably execute them in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm going against the tide and saying that 12 year olds should never be tried as adults. Scientists tell us the human brain isn't completely formed until age 22 or so
    You don't need to be 22 to know not to murder someone.

I'm sure you're an expert

12 year olds now?

So you going to let 12 year olds vote as well? Oh wait that's ridiculous isn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I honestly blame the parents in this case.
    There is something to be said about that. One of the girls has "dead head" parents whose house is decorated with Grateful Dead imagery and art and she was given to wear death imagery clothes to wear. I think that has to be a factor in the equation somewhere. (Not saying Grateful Dead caused this, so don't even bother attempting to bring up that idiotic idea.)

these kids are clearly insane and need treatment not to be just locked in a cell

10+ Year Old Account
    They are children and should be trialed and sentenced in a juvenile court.

I am curious as to the IQ of these girls. Were they mainstream students? I bet they were. If no previous disabilities were known before hand, tell me what are the chances that BOTH girls have the same mental issues and by chance became friends and killed another child? I think it's a pretty slim chance. This seems more like a case of stupid kids being really fucking stupid and just not understanding fully what the consequences of their actions are. Caught up in peer pressure, or hyped up talk...12 year old just don't always rationalize. They also have a hard time between fantasy and reality at time. Children of 12 are on that slope where they might even still play with Barbies. Fantasy talk of a boogie man is nothing new, Children like scare themselves and each other. I'm just not sure what made these kids actually kill another.

But, I also think that a crime committed by a 12 year old child should hold the parents at fault to some extent. This is why children have parents, to keep them from doing stupid shit. I hope the dead girls family sues the shit out of them. And I hope these 2 girls spend a long time getting the help they need, and are punished for the crime fairly. If they are ever going to be useful adults it will be a long, long time from now.
    Last edited by Laraven; 2015-03-14 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    They are children and should be trialed and sentenced in a juvenile court.

I am curious as to the IQ of these girls. Were they mainstream students? I bet they were. If no previous disabilities were known before hand, tell me what are the chances that BOTH girls have the same mental issues and by chance became friends and killed another child? I think it's a pretty slim chance. This seems more like a case of stupid kids being really fucking stupid and just not understanding fully what the consequences of their actions are. Caught up in peer pressure, or hyped up talk...12 year old just don't always rationalize. They also have a hard time between fantasy and reality at time. Children of 12 are on that slope where they might even still play with Barbies. Fantasy talk of a boogie man is nothing new, Children like scare themselves and each other. I'm just not sure what made these kids actually kill another.

But, I also think that a crime committed by a 12 year old child should hold the parents at fault to some extent. This is why children have parents, to keep them from doing stupid shit. I hope the dead girls family sues the shit out of them. And I hope these 2 girls spend a long time getting the help they need, and are punished for the crime fairly. If they are ever going to be useful adults it will be a long, long time from now.
    Just a quick note. They didn't kill anyone, they attempted to.

"Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser each face a count of being a party to attempted first-degree intentional homicide"
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Hope they get the jail.

I didn't tell them to do anything.