Deleted

[Balance] Lunar and Solar empowerment question

Should I save my starsurge charges for Lunar empowerment and only use starsurge during Solar if I risk overcapping?
    Or does it not really matter and I can use it at anytime (Close to either solar or lunar peak ofc)

For just single target I'd prioritize making sure you have one always for Lunar. Otherwise you're fine to use it in Solar as well. Now if there is 2 targets up and you are in Lunar, you want to be using Starfall instead.

Deleted
    It does not really matters. With 4piece empowered wrath gains a little power for decreasing CA cooldown by same amount in shorter time. (with Euphoria of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore the first two responses: It definitely matters.
    You have the right idea, try and save SS for lunar, and try and only spend them in solar if you risk overcapping.

Deleted
    As Phookah said your own idea is correct lunar emp is deffently stronger than solar so try to focus on getting as many of them as possible and only use solar when close to capping charges.

after the resent starfall nerf you don't always wanna use it on two targets there is a spreadsheet somewhere but i don't really understand it. But it seems like it's still good to use it when you are going into lunar on two targets.

Deleted
    Yea, ignore me. For example Mythic Maidens bombardment phase where you dont have enought time to cast long starfires properly...it depends on many factors from SS procs to fight mechanics. And the dps dofference sometimes is so little that as I sad it does not really matter.

Deleted
    The dps difference between solar and lunar empowerments is so ridiculously small that in the event that you decided to use your charge in solar and didn't get an additional charge in the next 10 seconds, you didn't lose that much damage overall. It's more about whether or not you can get the spells off at the right time than which one is actually better

Deleted
    It's better to use 1 SS in Lunar and 1 in solar than 2 in the same lunar. You should try to be at 1 or 0 charges as much as possible to avoid ever capping. When you are sitting at 2 charges and get a proc you lose any time spent recharging the third charge, meaning you essentially lose out on anywhere between 0 and 1 proc. (If you have 15 sec left on recharge and get a proc, you lose half a proc). Losing out on a proc is a way bigger loss than using a charge in Solar instead of Lunar. As a rule of thumb you should always spent a SS in solar unless you are at 1 charge and more than ~ 13 seconds til you get your next charge when you enter solar. The only exceptions being saving charges for CA (then it's alright to sit at 2 charges for a bit). Obviously all this is only true in a pure single target scenario where all damage done is considered equal (no extra dmg taken phases, no timed phases you want to push fast).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlouhouch View Post
    Yea, ignore me. For example Mythic Maidens bombardment phase where you dont have enought time to cast long starfires properly...it depends on many factors from SS procs to fight mechanics. And the dps dofference sometimes is so little that as I sad it does not really matter.
    even this has a counter measure, i don't move much on "bombardment" because the bombs doesn't 100% cover all ground.

at start we get 1st set of bombs. with really few bombs, and then ofc the 2nd set with covers almost whole field.

there are places where 1st and 2nd set doesn't cover i always find 2 or 3 spaces like this, stand on these and you can ignore both set bombs and cast starfire's. well i do that basically

but meh on that fight you mostly use starfall anyway, first around mythic level you have enought 2ndary stats to get too many stacks for use starsurge aswell.