Thread: Diablo 2?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there's no game even remotely close to D2 unless it is Path of Exile. It's the most accurate spiritual successor to the game. If you want dark and you want harder and more varied systems, that's the game you are looking for. Marvel Heroes is a close second in terms of systems, but is the complete opposite end of the spectrum in regards to aesthetic.

If this is really what you are looking for in an ARPG, I don't see how Path of Exile wouldn't make you insanely, insanely happy.
    BAD WOLF

On the subject of Path of Exile, I thought it felt dated compared to D3. Mostly in terms of gameplay and visuals, it had some cool ideas and it definitely had a D2 vibe about it but it didn't really hook me in for very long.. The gameplay just didn't feel as meaty or as satisfying as D3.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Can always do D1 with the Beelzebub mod...

Makes it support modern monitor resolutions, and adds some D2 flair to the D1 experience (such as talents, rare quality items, etc).

Though it requires that you still have a D1 CD laying around somewhere...heh. Luckily I still had my original one (along with my Hellfire disc!) lying around.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-03-19 at 08:48 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile requires a little more patience to get in to than Diablo 3, especially if you're melee so I can understand how some play it and then uninstall it an hour later because it's slow. However, once you get the ball rolling and move around the passive tree to hit Keystone nodes, it feels much better as far as movement, attack, and clear speeds are concerned and then you start customizing your skillset.

The only aspect of the game I truly despise is desync and that's not something you can fix on the client's end. Some builds are better than others in regards to this but it's generally an issue which you have to adapt to and accept that they likely won't fix it for a while since they said it would take forever to code around as well as require a pile of money which they don't have.

With Act 4 on the way in April, I really look forward to picking it up in the new season.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Should look into Grim Dawn, build on Titan Quest so basicly a darker version of that, but very much worth it, still early access tho, its pretty far in development and very playable, but something to look forward to atleast.