Headset permanent static noise

Hey guys,

since i got the new HyperX Cloud Headset ( the first edition, not the new usb one) i always hear this static noise when no other sounds are playing. This exists both on the front and back panel. After i uninstalled the realtek audio driver the noise was even louder on the front panel but went away completly when i plugged it into the back panel. Now i have a feeling that the sound quality is a bit lower when im hearing music but im not really sure if i imagine it or not. Also the settings are very limited without the realtek driver. Besides that the mic also has a really high static noise for others and keeps adjusting the mic level even though i turned all possible options off in both windows and skype that could cause that. ( havent tested it without driver)

Does this sound like a hardware defect or is there anything else i can do besides sending the headset back? Also is the audio driver required for better sound quality? I expected no sound at all after unistalling the audio driver.

Here is my current setup:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k
    RAM: 14 GB DDR3 666MHz
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Storage: 120GB San Disk SSD // 500GB Seagate HDD
    All drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advance!

Either theres something wrong with the cables, or have you windows volume cranked to max for both the headphones and for microphone amplification?

If windows volume is maxed out the noise is your motherboard soundcard's clipping. Since the headphones have 60ohm impedance shittiest motherboard soundcards can't push enough power to it and you need headphone amplified soundcard or external amplifier box. If the headphone sound is too low with application output set to 100% and device output to 90% you need better soundcard with headphone amplification.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Either theres something wrong with the cables, or have you windows volume cranked to max for both the headphones and for microphone amplification?

If windows volume is maxed out the noise is your motherboard soundcard's clipping. Since the headphones have 60ohm impedance shittiest motherboard soundcards can't push enough power to it and you need headphone amplified soundcard or external amplifier box. If the headphone sound is too low with application output set to 100% and device output to 90% you need better soundcard with headphone amplification.
    I always have the volume at 20%. If i had it at 100% i would rip my ears Unfortunatly i cant lower the mic volume because as soon as i speak it jumps back to 100%.
    But it really doesnt matter. The static noise only goes away complety when i mute the headset. Even at 1% i can hear it a little bit.

Do you have the volume control box in use? If yes, you're supposed to turn PC volume up to 90% and use the volume wheel in the headset to turn it down to suitable level.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Do you have the volume control box in use? If yes, you're supposed to turn PC volume up to 90% and use the volume wheel in the headset to turn it down to suitable level.
    No i dont use the control box because it was even worse with it and i dont really need the extra buttons it provides.