Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question [Holy] Candle or Ironspike Chew Toy

Hey,
    at the moment I'm not quite sure what the better trinket next to Goren Soul Repository is. Should I equip a Candle or Ironspike Chew Toy (Mythic/Hc)?

I would say it's depends on how much spirits do you have on others pieces. Do you have any mana issue if you use candle? I prefer candle for the int but if you don't have spirit and then chew toy

Candle. It has more Int.

Deleted
    I got 1029 Spirit and 4679 Intellect unbuffed right now. But is the Candle even better than Chew Toy Mythic?

My bis list trinket would be: Chew toy (Mythic/Mythic WF) and Goren Soul Repository ( Mythic/ Mythic WF) .

Chew Toy mythic give you less intell than Candle.

I have one question though. Why don't you use combo : Candle + chew toy? What is your other trinket besides those two as of right now?

Deleted
    Right now I'm using the trinket from Oregorger: Goren Soul Repository. Got tons of int and a crit procc.

Deleted
    The Chew Toy is greatly underbudgeted for its ilvl. At mythic ilvl its worth ~470 Spirit and 251 int.
    The candle is overbudgeted for its ilvl and its worth ~210 Spirit and 334 int

Remember that the Candle's extra int will also scale with Stats,Legendary Ring Proc,Wearing Plate, 10% spellpower while spirit will scale with absolutely nothing. Ultimately its your choice.

Deleted
    Thanks for your input. Guess I'll stick to Candle for this tier.

i have mythic warforged emblem of caustic healing, EBC, heroic warforged elementalist's shielding talisman and heroic chew toy and normal goren soul repository. what would you all suggest? I was doing EBC + Mythic warforged emblem

EBC+Chew Toy, no doubt imo. The Chew Toy has almost the same effective spirit (~400 ish unless I'm mistaken) as Emblem, while you get 219 int on top of that. On-use haste, no thanks. I would disenchant my Emblem if I had one. HC WF Elementalist's Shielding Talisman should also be much better than the Emblem after the buffs, or am I wrong here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of surprised they left candle this way for so long. You know something is going to change soon, they won't let a 665 candle be better than mythic trinkets forever lol.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they left candle this way for so long. You know something is going to change soon, they won't let a 665 candle be better than mythic trinkets forever lol.
    It's getting a slight nerf indirectly since all BRF trinkets are getting buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they left candle this way for so long.
    They cut the mana regen in half and it's still OP.

I honestly have no idea what they did to trinkets at the start of WoD, did they get the work experience kid to tune them all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Still i dont understand why spirit proc trinkets are so under the budget... they value spirit same as anyother secondary on any items, but when it comes to trinkets they cut down part of intellect... trinkets in brf proc the same amount of stats even if its crit or spirit... but the spirit ones have 25% less intellect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    It's getting a slight nerf indirectly since all BRF trinkets are getting buffed.
    well the 5ilvl its like 12 intelect i think.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    well the 5ilvl its like 12 intelect i think.
    For example, my oreo trinket is going from 310 int - 325 int according to Mr Robot, but even that seems a bit higher for just 5 ilvls, whereas some of my pieces are going up less than that, approx 9, so maybe its a mistake on the websites part, but I won't complain if its so! Still eagerly awaiting a chew toy. I want to play with the chew toy, but beastlord is being a meanie!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Chew Toy is significantly better then Candle. You lose some Int but Chew Toy will give 2x+ the mana that candle gives. This is going to be extremely crucial on long healing intensive fights in Mythic. Such as Maidens, Blast Furnace, and Blackhand. Blackhand isn't as long, however you are going to need to be near full mana going into the last phase so you will be able to do the necessary healing to keep the raid alive.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

so I saw HolyBouch's 6.1 trinket list

https://fullspectrumholypally.files....e.png?w=700&h=

which has Heroic Chew Toy over EBC and Heroic EST right under it. Does anyone know if his list includes the spirit buffs? My heroic EST is warforged..would that put it over the EBC?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    Mythic Chew Toy is significantly better then Candle. You lose some Int but Chew Toy will give 2x+ the mana that candle gives. This is going to be extremely crucial on long healing intensive fights in Mythic. Such as Maidens (...)
    Iron Maidens is not exactly healing intensive. 10min of spamming Denounce and then some healing at the end.

Just waiting for a Goren Soul Repository to replace my Candle now. Got heroic Blackiron Micro Crucible, but I'm not a fan of the stacking multistrike proc. However the ilvl hotfix made it a lot more tempting.

*NEVERMIND, I found the buff under BUFFS > GAINED > OTHER BUFFS*

Slightly off topic, but...

I got an Auto-Repairing Autoclave (Heroic) trinket from a Garrison Mission and I noticed it gives a haste buff (Sanitizing) which stacks to 20.

I ran through some HC and Normal BRF stuff last night and didn't see it proc once!? Is this bugged? It's a healing trinket, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't? Here are the logs: - (and FYI, I was running with Shards of Nothing which gave me the 'Void Shards' buff until I got Ironspike Chew Toy Normal)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat.../overview#c=11

Any reason for this!?
    Last edited by Teramosa; 2015-03-19 at 01:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on picking two from: EBC, H WF Chew Toy and M WF Mark of Rapid Replication?
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest