Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I was thinking about starting as well. Just don't know which class to pick.

I would like to know, how is tanking, healing and DPS in FFXIV, compared to WoW? Do tanks rely too much on gear? Is healing too much of a burden?
    Tanking is super easy, but with randoms it can be a pita. Healing can require some micro management and can be a burden if you Cure bomb.

Female Roegadyn ftw!
    You cared enough to post.

I personally love my Bard. Nice mix of procs that can "liven" your rotation up a bit as some of the DPS classes in this game can become dull and monotone. Tanking is fun and I personally enjoy it more in this game than in WoW. Not sure why though... Can't say much about healing outside of of some minor play with my Scholar which I found okay.

Awesome, guess I'll give it a try.

Another thing I forget to ask... Is there anything resembling factions in FFXIV? Such as Horde and Alliance in WoW? Or am I free to play with anyone on my server?

If there is some sort of faction, how do I know which is the dominant faction in whichever server I choose?

Coming from WoW, I know the problems of choosing the lesser faction, specially in a PvP server...

Another thing I forget to ask... Is there anything resembling factions in FFXIV? Such as Horde and Alliance in WoW? Or am I free to play with anyone on my server?

If there is some sort of faction, how do I know which is the dominant faction in whichever server I choose?

Coming from WoW, I know the problems of choosing the lesser faction, specially in a PvP server...
    No faction. There is no WPvP in FFXIV.

The only thing like factions are Grand Companies. At one point in the story you will have to choose one. Each main city has one. The only difference though is the gear they sell. It has little effect on anything. You will need to join one, but it does not affect who you can play with or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The only thing like factions are Grand Companies. At one point in the story you will have to choose one. Each main city has one. The only difference though is the gear they sell. It has little effect on anything. You will need to join one, but it does not affect who you can play with or anything like that.
    Frontlines pvp is split by grand company.