So many trinkets, which to pick? [Resto]

Hey guys!

Im currently progressing through mythic (we are 6/10 mythic for the moment), and got very lucky throughout my caches and got a lot of trinkets from both highmaul and BRF. But There's so many i dont even know which ones is BiS anymore.

[Ironspike Chew Toy] + socket (mythic)
    [Auto-Repairing Autoclave] (Mythic Warforged)
    [Emblem of Caustic Healing] (mythic)
    [Quiescent Runestone] (mythic)
    [Mark of Rapid Replication] (mythic)

I'm currently going with Auto-Repairing and Mark of Rapid, because of the spirit and Kromog + Thog'ar is quite long fights, and i enjoy the output the other stats(besides spirit) it gives me, but what are you guys going with? Which would you use in my case? Hope some of you can help!
    Last edited by Snixs; 2015-03-14 at 06:23 PM.

i'd personally go with [Ironspike Chew Toy] + [Auto-Repairing Autoclave]. As a boomkin main that had to heal some of our 5/10 Mythic progression kills cause we had a problem with 1 healer i didnt use any spirit gear except the 690 Leg ring (Had boomkin trinkets/cloak/neck) tho i had to go with a DoC build using mostly WG. Did pretty well so i feel mana shouldnt really be that big of a proble to need double "static" spirit trinkets so i'd take ICT instead of MoRR specially being BRF mythic+socket.

You are one lucky mofucka.

[Auto-Repairing Autoclave] (Mythic Warforged) <- 100% this
    [Ironspike Chew Toy] + socket (mythic) <- Slightly ahead of Mark of Rapid especially with the socket

If you are drowning in mana, try to start replacing your jewellery and cloak with the haste mastery itemised pieces in the instance before you change out trinkets.

Also im intrigued to know how much spirit the Warforged Auto Repairing has, its gotta be over 800?

Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    You are one lucky mofucka.

Also im intrigued to know how much spirit the Warforged Auto Repairing has, its gotta be over 800?
    Thanks for the help you two! It's currently at 791, but that will increase with the ilvl buff i guess, probably going over 800

Also: Would you guys go with Shadowmoon weapon enchant? Probably want to change that i guess.
    Last edited by Snixs; 2015-03-15 at 08:45 AM.

I'd always go with the Shadowmoon enchant as I rarely believe in RPPM procs of anything being 100% useful for healers.

I reckon the least amount of spirit you're going to need in anything mythic fight would be by using the neck, cloak and ring that have haste mastery on them. If you still have too much regen then try and get hold of Everburning Candle and replace Ironspike Chew Toy with that. If you STILL have too much then change the enchant. Still too much? Change the Auto Repairing Autoclave with Darmac's Unstable talisman. Still too much? Then i guess re-evaluate your playstyle (probably even do this earlier)

Deleted
    Ironspike and Autoclave are the clear winners, even if there weren't socketed/WF (I hate you).

With regards to the regen situation, dropping regen is generally not the correct approach. If you find yourself with spare mana at the end of the fight the question to ask yourself is "how do I spend that mana in the future", not "how do I curb my regen to oom me with my current playstyle". Of course there are fights where you can't reasonably spend more mana than you already are (keep a back-up weapon/jewelry set for that), but in general it is much more beneficial to let your regen dictate your play-style than to let your play-style dictate your regen.

It has actually been pretty much a historical constant for most healing classes over the history of WoW. If you have the choice between upping your regen for more heals or buffing your heals with output stats on roughly equal quality gear/enchants, casting more heals just does so much more.

haste enchant by far its around 50% uptime, its not really RNG anymore.
    for trinkets just go with chewtoy + autoclave until you can get your hands on darmac or blackhand trinket, then swap out the chewtoy. 800 spirit is more than enough of a contribution from trinkets, so you rather want a nice 350-400+ int + a hefty proc rather than 200 int + some more wasted regen, as I can't really imagine you ever ooming yourself.

at regen being better... it really isn't, at least not after a certain threshold of spirit.
    Also very irrelevant, but its much more fun to manage mana than spam spells like there is no tomorrow.
    The fight should dictate your playstyle, then further your playstyle should dictate your regen.
    having your regen dictate your playstyle could be okay if every single boss was the exact same difficulty and required the same amount of heals, otherwise having your regen dictate anything sounds weird.....
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-03-18 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    haste enchant by far its around 50% uptime, its not really RNG anymore.
    for trinkets just go with chewtoy + autoclave until you can get your hands on darmac or blackhand trinket, then swap out the chewtoy. 800 spirit is more than enough of a contribution from trinkets, so you rather want a nice 350-400+ int + a hefty proc rather than 200 int + some more wasted regen, as I can't really imagine you ever ooming yourself.

at regen being better... it really isn't, at least not after a certain threshold of spirit.
    Also very irrelevant, but its much more fun to manage mana than spam spells like there is no tomorrow.
    The fight should dictate your playstyle, then further your playstyle should dictate your regen.
    having your regen dictate your playstyle could be okay if every single boss was the exact same difficulty and required the same amount of heals, otherwise having your regen dictate anything sounds weird.....
    You say that but every top druid goes for very high spirit. Sonie has 2656 static spirit. Affinity has 1913 but he has chewtoy so its effectively 2300. Potterdruid (rapid eye movements druid) has 2616 static. Elu (impact's druid) has 1909 but again he has mythic chewtoy so its effectively 2300. and I can go on, because every top druid I have found want all the spirit they can get, and it seems like the only limitation is what kind of gear they have been able to acquire. I have 1900 spirit myself and it isnt hard to go oom. There probably is a cutoff though theoretically, a point where you don't want more spirit instead of int (about trinkets) but I don't think we reach that with brf gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spuicks View Post
    There probably is a cutoff though theoretically, a point where you don't want more spirit instead of int (about trinkets) but I don't think we reach that with brf gear.
    It probably won't happen. Our regen doesn't scale nearly as hard as it did in prior expansions (partially due to spirit on gear change and partially due to loss of regen CDs), so there's little reason to believe we'll reach the infinite mana scenario we've seen at the end of prior expansions this time around. If things continue as they are (and the only way it would change are insanely tuned trinkets and set bonuses for regen), we'll only reasonably forgo regen when progression is over and you can overpower the encounter or when there is a specific encounter design that somehow makes regen less important (little damage, very short duration or external regen mechanics).

Spirit omnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Until I see Druids rocking Rampant regrowth and still complaining there is too much spirit, I go by the above (short of circumstances NotAddicted mentioned).