Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    You'd think they'd have thought of this already, since MoP had a staggered raid tier release like this one. Then again you'd think that new character models would be not-broken character models as well. Ho hum.

Deleted
    Fact is mythic looked good on paper.

Reality, guilds are dying left and right. There's more than one reason for that though. Some of it's difficulty, but part of it is also the 20 man roster. There were a lot more 10 man heroic guilds and many of them are struggling majorly. The difficulty is a more complicated issue. Basically now the entire group has to be on the A game for personal responsibility. Having to double the roster amidst a tier that had been on farm for so long ended up with substandard recruits for many.
    To be fair you say many 10 man guilds have fallen apart, but a lot of those players have simply joined other previously 10 man guilds in order for a better raiding experience and the ability to enter mythic, I personally enjoyed the 10man raiding more but I think people over exaggerate the negative effects of the mythic size raids.

Deleted
    when is this hotfix going to get DONE, WHEN IS IT GOING LIVE

i want to see it live before our next raid so we can do more progress with our new-gained dps / hps

/:=)

Oh wow, this has been front page news for 3 days now. Exciting times in world of warcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Normal is/was flex, intended for pugs and guilds with bad gear or players.

Heroic is/was normal, intended for guild groups to gear and progress onto heroic (now mythic).
    I know how those various levels were introduced. At the time, there WAS a difference between Flex and Normal. Flex was flexible. Normal was fixed rosters, with benching (sorry, we're 12 tonight, 2 people sit out).

However, that was in MoP. As of 6.0, the difference between flex and heroic vanished.

That's what I'm saying. Given the way raids are structured, there are three different forms of raiding, and one is simply duplicated with higher numbers. If you consider that there should be a normal/heroic, why stop at 2. Why not have normal (655), hard (670), heroic (685), legendary (700), with exactly the same mechanic, just higher HP and damage?

IMO the new names are the issue not the amount of tiers, they should have kept them called flex/normal/heroic
    Except that your "normal" is flex. With just higher numbers.

I'm not arguing about difficulty levels. I'm arguing that there are three different forms of raiding, but one is duplicated, which leads to two unfortunate consequences:

1) Blizzard can be lazy with tuning, and you're expected to get heroic gear before you finish normal (see Blizzard example about guild doing heroic before finishing Mar'gok. Oh, and don't forget that you can't do some bosses on heroic, then continue on normal; you need to re-kill those early normal bosses and rot their loot. I miss LK adjustable difficulty)
    2) You get a slightly faster ilvl inflation due to an additional tier shoehorned

But, I guess from Blizzard's POV, it has a useful purpose: you need to redo the same content (at a higher difficulty) to progress, they don't have much work tuning that additional content (just scale stuff by 10% for 15ilvl more gear) which means they get more time before they have to provide a new content patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Oh wow, this has been front page news for 3 days now. Exciting times in world of warcraft...
    Given the difficulty of the BRF raid, they probably feel like they've got a couple months before people are finished.

Since we get various hints about 6.2 being when we finally get the last zone (Tanaan), which means possibly the last major raid (don't forget that Yahoo financial analyst stating that they've got the next expansion ready to unveil), there might be a temptation to stretch slightly the middle raid a bit, so that you don't get 10 months of 6.2 before the expansion.

PvP gear no longer the BiS for PvP gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know when this is supposed to be deployed? I thought it would be out by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Anyone know when this is supposed to be deployed? I thought it would be out by now.

i thought so too, just logged in, no change
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Typical Blizzard, trying to fix a problem that wouldn't exist if they didn't screw up with this huge jump in ilevel per raid.

The fact that you are doing double the dps as 680 compared with someone at 630 says it all, the jump is not needed, by increasing the reward even higher ilevel, you are making it worse. By the end of this expansion, a char fully geared for last tier mythic could possibly be doing five times more damage than a 630 geared char, that's ridiculous.

Then we will be back to try and item squish all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Typical Blizzard, trying to fix a problem that wouldn't exist if they didn't screw up with this huge jump in ilevel per raid.

The fact that you are doing double the dps as 680 compared with someone at 630 says it all, the jump is not needed, by increasing the reward even higher ilevel, you are making it worse. By the end of this expansion, a char fully geared for last tier mythic could possibly be doing five times more damage than a 630 geared char, that's ridiculous.

Then we will be back to try and item squish all over again.
    It isn't an issue as they have already stated that they plan to have more stat squishes in the future...

When is this going live?

Deleted
    Its already live :P