Non-set Shadow priest?

What's your non set item? And why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buiden View Post
    What's your non set item? And why ?
    Shoulders - wanted them as tier but drops didn't go for me and with loot council I'll be bottom prio for it until everyone has there 4 set etc etc. Then the kromog shoulders dropped on our second mythic kill with a socket which I'm happy with!!

Right now it's the mythic helm from Blackrock I got from a cache. Probably the least wanted peace, but hey, it was a free mythic item so can't complain, though I do seem to be lucky with getting mythic pieces from the last bosses. I also got mythic chest and trinket from Imp in a cache, as well as Shoulders from Butcher.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Highmaul mythic legs with socket. Wanted to use chest with crit and haste. But in the same raid week when I ve looted the chest, I looted mythic warforged set chest on bonus roll So it is going to be legs for some time.

Deleted
    Ideally I wanted head off piece for COP and legs for AS, but I have mythic WF socket gloves from Oregorer so .....

Legs. Tier legs doesn't have crit

Deleted
    Tier legs and hands dont have crit, so ideally one of those. There are no offpieces in BRF with crit on for hands whereas the legs from maidens do have crit on, so my ultimate aim is for legs offpiece. However I have all heroic tier and its gonna be a while before we down maidens mythic, so I'm stuck with mythic butcher hands for a while.

Yep, legs seem the best choice. Have also seen some lists with chest off, though I cannot for the life of me say why - but I've seen it in two separate places, which is kind of weird...

That's for AS anyway, which is probably going to be the main spec for BRF. If you go CoP you may want to do things differently, and/or have a separate gear setup with more Mastery.

Using offpiece chest because it gives crit/haste whereas offpiece pants only give crit. So with offpiece chest you have crit/haste/haste whereas with offpiece legs you have crit/crit (vers/mast in there somewhere). I'm not sure how the math works out, but that's what I went with. Also helped that that's how my bonus rolls went.

Deleted
    Most will go chest because it has the two best stats crit and haste. I will probably use gloves first as i have mythic warforged Butcher gloves. But ultimately i will probably go with legs or chest depending on drops. I'm having terrible luck with sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Ideally I wanted head off piece for COP and legs for AS, but I have mythic WF socket gloves from Oregorer so .....
    In exactly same situation. Gotten WF mythic gloves off Oregorger so going to stick to it for now.

So, let's compare setups (all Mythic).

Off Chest + Tier Legs: 184C + 216H + 204H + 204Ma = 184C / 420H / 204Ma

Off Legs + Tier Chest: 213C + 189Ma + 204C + 204Ma = 417C / 393Ma

(Interestingly, Off Legs + Tier Chest seems to have 2 more total stat points)

Looking fairly close in value actually. Exact stat weights will make the difference of course. Personally, I like Off Legs because of lots of Mastery, which helps with CoP, but I suppose that could also be a wash or go the other way, depending.

Would have to sim things to make a final determination, but my guess would be that the difference is very small.

my offset is mythic warforged hans and franz chest. because its mythic warforged lol

H&F chest gives the highest overall dps increase. Vers/crit legs are worse but only by a small margin so realistically it won't matter but if you want the mathematically correct answer, it's chest as off piece.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

my off-set piece is the head because i still have the mythic kargath head and because RNG-god hates my bonus rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    H&F chest gives the highest overall dps increase. Vers/crit legs are worse but only by a small margin so realistically it won't matter but if you want the mathematically correct answer, it's chest as off piece.
    But what about the Crit/Mastery legs from Maidens? And if they're also less of an increase, is that universal, or is that contingent on overall gear level etc.? Also, is it a combined value for both specs, or is it specific to CoP resp. AS?

Deleted
    After heroic blackhand kill our disc priest told every1 that he needs 2 set <rolling eyes> I had to pass on 4set upgrade. Dammit next reset..

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But what about the Crit/Mastery legs from Maidens? And if they're also less of an increase, is that universal, or is that contingent on overall gear level etc.? Also, is it a combined value for both specs, or is it specific to CoP resp. AS?
    Realistically, you want to gear for both AS and CoP but mainly get gear for AS since you only use CoP on a few fights and mastery is the worst stat by a large margin for AS. So you want the crit/vers legs.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt