Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Invasion Shadow Council Platinum - possible?

So far I tried it about 15 times and every single time my group is 5-30 points short of Platinum.
    No matter how groups are geared, what buffs are using, its always the same.
    All other invasions were one-shot platinums.
    Is there a secret with shadow council one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Shadow Council also the one that people weren't able to get gold with earlier due to there not being enough mobs? Could be the same in this situation - Not enough mobs to get Platinum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I've run into the same problem. The first time I thought it was because we had one lower geared player in the group, but still got within 150 points. Figured it would be easy with a 680+ geared group, but again still short of platinum. Seems like we were all standing around waiting for spawns during the fight.

Some invasions are indeed tougher than others, but Shadow Council in its current state is too much of a pain to get platinum. It's pretty much what Iron Horde was like initially, not enough spawns, and they buffed that, but Shadow Council needs a buff too. By comparison, I can do botani and get 2k without batting an eye

10+ Year Old Account
    I am having problems with it as well.

Always missing for a few points.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    This can be done, I've got platinum a few times on this now 1st time i did this the group was off by around 50 points but since then always been above the target

Got platinum on it, 3 mythic geared players barely making it with 1325 points. Assuming it drops 665 rewards it needs a huge spawn buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wasn't Shadow Council also the one that people weren't able to get gold with earlier due to there not being enough mobs? Could be the same in this situation - Not enough mobs to get Platinum.
    No, that was IH, which is probably the hardest one because shit doesn't spawn, but it's definitely doable.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm 3 for 3 Platinums so far. Shadow Council, Iron Horde, and Shadowmoon. Can't recall which one it was, but we ended with 1340 points. So yah, it's possible but you probably need everyone to be at least 675+ for the hardest ones.

If it looks like you're not going to get platinum you can hearth out to end the invasion early. You get like an hour debuff though so if you pulled them from group finder they won't be happy, but it's your invasion I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had 1296 and 1299 with all players around 650...

I have confidense it will succeed soon..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Possible but random, there's something iffy with spawns in a lot of invasions. We did Iron Horde twice and there was a several hundred point difference with the exact same group. Why? Because at times there simply weren't any spawns and jokes like that. Also had mobs spawn INSIDE buildings and then stand around in there or walk straight through walls.

Honestly after getting platin once for the achievments, I'd advise everyone to just go for the "easy" (less buggy) invasions for the satchels.

Yes, they are all possible - I have done each type at platinum, although I must say some were a lot closer than others.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2015-03-25 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    I got it on platinum with 1323 took me around 7 tries or so. Very hard.

Deleted
    As others noticed, after you kill the last boss, extra bonus points pop up... but they are not added to your current total.
    Would be really nice to ear about this from Blizz.

I got it on my first try, we were all ilvl 690+ so I guess it makes a difference just how fast mobs die.

At least I didn't notice anything particularly difficult about it. I think we ended up having 1330 points or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I've had 1296 and 1299 with all players around 650...

I have confidense it will succeed soon..
    Got it in 3rd attempt.. Me, Boomie, and 2 hunters.. I was 659 and group finder was set to 640+ (so I guess that what leader was)..
    We ended at 1344.. Comfortable win, almost didn't need end boss..

EDIT: Typo
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-04-10 at 11:53 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    As others noticed, after you kill the last boss, extra bonus points pop up... but they are not added to your current total.
    Would be really nice to ear about this from Blizz.
    It's not extra bonus points, it's the total for each type of mob you killed during the invasion, a recap.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Got it in 3rd attempt.. Me, Boomie, and 2 hunters.. I was 659 and group finder was set to 640+ (so I guess that what leader was)..
    We ended at 1344.. Comfortable win, also didn't need end boss..
    How many players can do invasions? Max?

I usually go with three but i thought hat was the max. Got 1215 with 3 players once on shadow council invasion. Botani seems harder but I only tried that once (post 6.1).

Deleted
    A good trick for shadow is that who have invasione use 2 followers, one bodyguard (dk) and another between those that run for garrison, after few try, garona is the best because oneshot many mobs using his assassination trait.