7+ Year Old Account

race & performance

do you wish you could perform well when in race? do you perform well vs your opponent?

i used to have race when younger where we ran and i ended up last all the time lol

i dont know what i can do to performance increase vs my opponent or if theyre just that better than i am

Can you train and get better coordination? I don't know, maybe you're born with it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    ive tried training but it doesnt get better, have been testead and they said i had below average ability to coordinate

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    do you wish you could perform well when in race? do you perform well vs your opponent?

i used to have race when younger where we ran and i ended up last all the time lol

i dont know what i can do to performance increase vs my opponent or if theyre just that better than i am
    Yes you can get better. I actually just recently watched a video of a short kid training to dunk a baskettball on a 10' hoop. It took him 20 weeks (I think) of progression until he accomplished his goal. You can train youself to get better at anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post

You genes decide your maximum potential.

With hard training it's possible, although unlikely, that you can reach your maximum potential.

That's about it really.

Everyone gets better at something with enough training. To get really good, like world-class or to a level that earns you mega-bucks, that's a different story altogether. Nonetheless, most of us, with a good amount of practice, should be able to beat the average "opponent" we are competing with.

I'll throw in a little bit of Asian martial arts philosophy to this discussion - the only opponent you ever need to beat is yourself.

Everyone always used to tell me I ran fast, but having no interest in sports I don't know how to baseline that.

Probably slower now. Stupid 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Can you train and get better coordination? I don't know, maybe you're born with it.
    Maybe it's Maybel...

Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You need affirmative action, the high velocity oppressors are keeping you down.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2015-03-16 at 04:59 AM.

Whoa there, did I just get quoted by a bot? :P

You only have to be faster than the slowest person... in a zombie apocalypse. Really all I'm considered about.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe it's Maybel...

Sorry.
    You said what we were all thinking. : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    you have to unleash your hidden potential and only then will you ascend and become the legend.. the super saiyan.

Deleted
    In a footrace? Is the opponent a sloth? If so, I'd probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Must... resist... temptation...

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedBread View Post
    Everyone gets better at something with enough training.
    Don't forget motivation and willpower. If you're not motivated or the slightest bit interested, you won't learn or improve.
    Last edited by mmocb5a3e46746; 2015-03-16 at 03:35 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjarah View Post
    In a footrace? Is the opponent a sloth? If so, I'd probably win.

Must... resist... temptation...

Don't forget motivation and willpower. If you're not motivated or the slightest bit interested, you won't learn or improve.
    Maybe it's... no...no... don't do this to me.

On topic: Motivation is fleeting. It's discipline you want. It's hard to find motivation to wake up early or to eat right or to do lots of things. Much easier to have discipline, and do them even on the days you really don't want to do them.