View Poll Results: Should Patch 6.2 Unlock Flight on Draenor?

Voters
1987. This poll is closed
  • Yes

976 49.12%
  • No

948 47.71%
  • Other (See below)

63 3.17%
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to be able to fly, there's a lot of places I want to see quickly from the air, like the Zangar regions. It'd also make getting to raids, farming places and daily quest zones a lot easier. I was fine with holding off on it for the initial exploration experience, but now it's starting to be a drag having to walk everywhere.

Deleted
    Yes. It was fine for the past 4 expansions, the world won't end if flying returns for the 5th one...

No, it should never come back in any form for new or current content. They finally admitted the truth of the matter, which is that flight is bad for the game and was a mistake to introduce in the first place. The only logical direction to go is to stop using it in new content, until those whining have been thoroughly weened off of it. Then they can finally remove it altogether, as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Game is fine without flying. I see no reason why they should enable it.
    Not a day goes by when I'm trekking across Draenor that I don't think "damn, do I wish I could just fly over that mountain" rather than take some ridiculously circuitous path, probably get chased by some NPCs, maybe fall off a hill, and then end up using my engineering glider to get down off of anyway.

There's no reason not to have flying at this point. There was never any reason to remove it, but I think by now we've proven there was no reason to.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I think it probably should. When 6.2 launches the 6.0 content will be irrelevant most likely. Maybe make the apexis daily hubs still no fly subzones, but flying should be added. Im pro no flight too, so theres that.

Yes and never removed again. Was such a stupid decision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Have you looked around Draenor? Of course it's suitable. Where wouldn't it be suitable?

The only area not "done" is Tanaan. And provided Blizzard finishes that in 6.2, there's nowhere on Dreanor that's "incomplete." You can literally reach anywhere you want on Draenor with those wing things if you have a lot of patience.
    I just get the feeling that all those ridges between zones would look really off, not to mention the half-finished coastline.

No, they should wait till the next pre-expansion patch before they enable it. By then the no flying will have served it purpose.

Then the next expansion should follow the same trend. No flying till the expansion is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    flight should have never been locked in the first place. the issue isnt flying, its the content that flying allows us to get around. give me a reason to want to beat my way thru useless mob after useless mob and ill not want to fly over it.

this is of course understanding that i like the Wrath style of dealing with flight. restricted during questing/leveling but unlocked once at max level, and offering a tome to help alts.
    This x1000. Sure I'll suffer through leveling and killing shit, but when I'm maxed I want to skip all that annoying shit on the ground and get a nice aerial view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I just get the feeling that all those ridges between zones would look really off, not to mention the half-finished coastline.
    You can easily climb to the top of those mountains already. All of them, save for Tanaan, are completely finished.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    GMs can fly. It looks like they're swimming through the air (that's literally all flying is)

However, I'm not sure what the guy you quoted's point is, even considering that said statement is true.

I had that happen once with a FP from SMV to Nagrand. The mount never appeared below me, but I was not swimming, I was actually flying, like Superman... and it was COOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    No, they should wait till the next pre-expansion patch before they enable it. By then the no flying will have served it purpose.
    If you're so perturbed by flying, you can always run around on the ground as happy as a clam. Or use their "robust flight path network" and stop deciding how other people should play the game.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    No, it should never come back in any form for new or current content. They finally admitted the truth of the matter, which is that flight is bad for the game and was a mistake to introduce in the first place. The only logical direction to go is to stop using it in new content, until those whining have been thoroughly weened off of it. Then they can finally remove it altogether, as it should be.
    Will it fix the problems at hand, if said player type is weeded off? Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I've used my skyterror a few times. Looks fine to me.

If you're so perturbed by flying, you can always run around on the ground as happy as a clam. Or use their "robust flight path network" and stop deciding how other people should play the game.
    Adding my opinion to an opinion based poll =/= making developer decisions.

I bet you frequent tumblr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    Will it fix the problems at hand, if said player type is weeded off? Probably not.
    See there's the thing. I'm not entirely sure what problem no flying has theoretically solved. All I know is that it makes things wildly inconvenient.

If blizzard wants to make it so doing the apexis dailies feels "epic," then fine... just put a "no flight zone" around the area when you're on the quest where you'll be dismounted when you fly into it and prevents you from re-mounting a flying mount until you either finish the quest or leave that area.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A thousand times yes. For me it would make WOD so much more fun.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

They won't unlock it. Or that's the gut feeling I have, but they need to. The world is already largely dead in Draenor and you only see others when they're in the same Apexis daily area you are.

Between Archeology being tedious as hell without flight to the 'hidden treasures' being a massive grind without flight I am wholly in the 'put in flight camp' now. It was fun to run around like an asshole on my first 100, but with each toon I need to level I wish flying was in. Hell not even when I'm leveling do I wish it was in. I wish it was in when I'm working on the treasures. No joke Aviana's Feather is a life saver every 10min when in Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account

How is Yes/No/Other biased? Basic questions, basic answers, and no direction given in the original post. Sounds like a lame ass excuse to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Your "opinion" forces other people to play the game the way only you want to play it.

That was part of the issue going into this whole thing.

People have pretended that flying has been ruining WoW for years now. If that's true, apparently WoW has been ruined for over 7 years, which is 70% of its game life. I hadn't seen a single thread complaining about flying until mid-MoP, and then some people just jumped on the bitch train and complained that they had a problem the entire time.

Removing flying is, and always has been, a crutch to blame other problems on. "A lack of world PvP is due to flying!" No, a lack of world PvP is due to no one caring about world PvP. "I don't want to do quests anymore because of flying!" No, you don't want to do those things because you've been doing them for 10 years and they've become boring.

It's scapegoating, plain and simple. And when it solves none of those problems, people just start complaining about Blizzard not putting in enough content.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-03-15 at 09:53 PM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.