View Poll Results: Should Patch 6.2 Unlock Flight on Draenor?

Voters
1987. This poll is closed
  • Yes

976 49.12%
  • No

948 47.71%
  • Other (See below)

63 3.17%
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should it? Probably, for Blizzard's sake. Leaving Draenor without flying mounts is bound to create more QQ threads about how people are too lazy to navigate the world and who find it too hard to use their map. It'll get to a point where Blizzard will get sick of it and just be like "fuck it, let these babies have their flying mounts". Come next expansion though the new thing will be "oh the world is so flat and plain they should've put more detail into the environment". What for? you're flying in the air on your 310% mount ignoring all the detail of the environments anyway. We might as well just have a barren wasteland with a few rocks and hills here and there to spice it up a bit.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-03-25 at 03:26 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Draenor world design feels kind of "boxed in". I suspect it's a consequence of not designing the world with flying in mind. I still don't know if I enjoy that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Draenor world design feels kind of "boxed in". I suspect it's a consequence of not designing the world with flying in mind. I still don't know if I enjoy that a lot.
    The world is designed with flight in mind (No hollow mountains that only have the sides modelled and other "Movie set"-stunts like vanilla, it just feels much more boxed in because it's designed to box players in, with height differences used to powerful effect to give us one way to go (The longest path possible of course, Nagrand and spires of Arak are worst in this), having to zig-zag my way up paths and through pathetic mobs (I cut through them like they're wet tissue paper, but they still dismount me >_< ) to reach a digsite on top of elemental plateau is such fun... /sarcasm

Just let us have flight back when 6.2 hits, with hopefully Tanaan jungle, and Grom's silly wall becomes a moot point, and that thing is the only practical reason i can think of to keep flying restricted so far (Can't have players fly over Grom's wall and see that there's nothing at all in the entire zone, can we?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Look at the poll number. 746 people. 50.37% of visitors to this thread want it unlocked. Maybe you should have spent more time looking at the OP and less time examining my post counts.
    I think you have answered this yourself before:

Oh, did Blizz do an official poll where people logged in and voted? No? Stop lying. No poll, unless offered officially by Blizz, is worth a shit for EITHER side of the aisle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Should have came with 6.0. But to answer the question, yes it should. Plus they should give something back for waiting this long.
    What a wonderfull attitude you have.

I couldn't care less. Flying mounts brings nothing interesting to the game so they might just leave it as it is.

Nah, might as well do this grounded-thing properly. If they'll ever unlock flying in Draenor, I think the next expansion's pre-patch is the most fitting for it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    I don't give two shits. While somewhat annoying, lack of flying is the least of this expansion's problems.

Removed flying is one of the best things with wod

Deleted
    No, flying shouldn't be enabled at all in WOW. Flypaths are ok.

Deleted
    As long as the open world is cramped with unpassable hills, holes, high mob density etc, it feels small. If they would increase distances between quest hubs, etc. than the world would feel big again. If I have to turn constantly because there is not a mile of a straight way to go, I will feel like I am trapped in a little world.

Mulgore feels bigger than Draenor -.-

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    As long as the open world is cramped with unpassable hills, holes, high mob density etc, it feels small. If they would increase distances between quest hubs, etc. than the world would feel big again. If I have to turn constantly because there is not a mile of a straight way to go, I will feel like I am trapped in a little world.

And Mulgore feels a lot more boring, too.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

I feel the other way, to me Mulgore feels very squeezed in. This is because the majority of classic zones were surrounded by a mountain range, which meant you could see the borders in every direction no matter where in the zone you were located. As Blizzard started to design zones without such nonsense they began to feel more open and vast, you could imagine they continued on beyond what you could see. While true that the newer zones featuring pockets of themed inhabitants sometimes makes the zone feel like a theme park, I haven't encountered it that often. The worst offender has been revamped Hillsbrad. Blizz could also introduce some sort of climbing gear or jump-packs in order to make travel less of a bother. Engineers already make good use of Gnomish Gravity well + goblin glider.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'll be honest, I haven't had the thought "damn, I miss flying right now" for a long time. I'd be lying if I even said that I'm consciously appreciating it when on Azeroth.

They should add in flying but make it so that it drains 1gold per second. That way you can fly if youre really rich and really need to but for most people it would just be dangling it over their heads. Either that or just have a million mobs in the air. Make it 3-4 times denser than mobs on the ground. All of the mobs can dismount you and stun you so that you cant pop slowfall or anything similar.

I am unsubbed. I will not be coming back until they put flying back in all current content. IF that means I'm done with WoW forever, then I guess I'll take my money elsewhere. Currently I'm playing FFxiv. They are adding flight in the expansion set for release in June. They can have my money.

Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I am unsubbed. I will not be coming back until they put flying back in all current content. IF that means I'm done with WoW forever, then I guess I'll take my money elsewhere. Currently I'm playing FFxiv. They are adding flight in the expansion set for release in June. They can have my money.
    Hello Mr.Nôrps,

We have unlocked flying in Draenor exclusively for you.Also we have done your Silver Proving Grounds trial.Please let us have your money.

-Blizzard

Should have never been locked and future xpacs should have flying immediately from the start.

Blizzard should stop performing social experiments on its customers.

I unsubbed in dec. I refuse to do anything in Draenor as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see the PTR patch notes are not showing any potential unlocks. They might be sitting on it, or they might just not do it at all. I feel sorry for folks who continue to pay a sub in the hopes they will finally reach the carrot on the end of Blizz's stick.

Sad to see the PTR patch notes are not showing any potential unlocks. They might be sitting on it, or they might just not do it at all. I feel sorry for folks who continue to pay a sub in the hopes they will finally reach the carrot on the end of Blizz's stick.
    So the no flying is the only thing keeping you from playing WoW on the Blizzard servers? Waow.