Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What should I do?

Hey all, I come again for some advice from the wizards. So it's that season again, prom season..... I didn't go to my junior prom but I figure since I'm a senior, I better go to this one. I've been looking for anyone I would enjoy taking to prom and I finally found a girl who fits literally, all of my critera. She's cute, funny, interesting and smart. I don't really know much about her because we usually only talk when we're in the same room (We are in the same NASA Club) but when we do talk we get along. I come with two questions in this situation.

1.) Should I ask her to prom? She's a sophomore, I'm a senior. The only serious problem is that I know she was going out with someone in the beginning of the year but I don't know if they're still together. I used to see them together a lot and recently I haven't. Should I just go for it or find out if she's single somehow first?

2.) Should I do something simple to ask her (If I do) such as being direct and saying, "Hey! Do you want to come to prom with me?" or should I do something witty/funny with a more elaborate "Promposal"....

Gosh, I thought being a senior would make life simpler, boy was I wrong.

Thanks for any advice and yes, I know I come here with all my problems with females and whatnot but hey, you're all a great bunch of people and I trust your advice... To an extent.

Deleted
    I'd go with the "find out if she's seeing someone" and then the fairly direct approach with just asking her. Will need a trip report here for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I'd go with the "find out if she's seeing someone" and then the fairly direct approach with just asking her. Will need a trip report here for obvious reasons.
    So don't just ask without finding out if she's single or not? Greaaaat, now I have to figure out a way to find out. I wish I knew her friends but sadly, I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LokoKun View Post
    So don't just ask without finding out if she's single or not? Greaaaat, now I have to figure out a way to find out. I wish I knew her friends but sadly, I don't.
    Just ask her then. "Hey, are you still going out with what's his face? I haven't seen you together in a while". Be slick about it, fit it in to a conversation, so you can change the subject without raising any alarms if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, you then have an opening to ask her to prom.

A silver tongue can do magical things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Just ask her then. "Hey, are you still going out with what's his face? I haven't seen you together in a while". Be slick about it, fit it in to a conversation, so you can change the subject without raising any alarms if the answer is yes. If the answer is no, you then have an opening to ask her to prom.

A silver tongue can do magical things.
    Wish I had one of those silver tongues, I see her tomorrow so I was thinking of doing what you said.

I don't see you going with her. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Single or not, if she likes you she would go. It is rare (and awesome) to find a girl that is so faithful as to not give another guy a chance. Just ask her. In fact, don't ask. Just tell her you are looking for a prom date and she is on a short list. Tell her if she plays her cards right she will be the one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be afraid to get rejected and just ask. You're going to get rejected a lot of times in life part of the whole deal of asking people out. The sooner in life you learn to deal with it the better of you are really.

And as a single remember there's one thing you can always do better without looking like an ass a party, party harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Don't be afraid to get rejected and just ask. You're going to get rejected a lot of times in life part of the whole deal of asking people out. The sooner in life you learn to deal with it the better of you are really.

And as a single remember there's one thing you can always do better without looking like an ass a party, party harder.
    Thanks for the advice... Don't quite understand the last part, maybe it was worded weirdly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    I don't see you going with her.
    Any specific reason you say that/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be direct and be polite and ask. Women love confidence, not over confidence. As you are asking prom questions on mmo-champ I see a distinct lack of confidence. I hope your a long tall drink of water. Best of luck man.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Just be direct and be polite and ask. Women love confidence, not over confidence. As you are asking prom questions on mmo-champ I see a distinct lack of confidence. I hope your a long tall drink of water. Best of luck man.
    I'm actually... Well I think I am... Pretty confident UNTIL it comes to women, then I fucking fall apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice... Don't quite understand the last part, maybe it was worded weirdly.
    If you're single you don't have to worry about someone telling you to "behave" when you're going out. So you can easily have more fun without getting constantly judged.

And you're welcome. Women are just people to don't put them on a pedestal and you have less reasons to get nervous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually... Well I think I am... Pretty confident UNTIL it comes to women, then I fucking fall apart.
    I used to be that way. I grew out of it, it's something you learn to either conquer or get crippled by. I choose to not be afraid of women or rejection. Not saying its easy by any stretch. I met the love of my life when I was 16. I waited 5 years for her, now I'm with her and we have a child. I'm 21 btw. So either conquer your fear or be crippled by it. Determination HOOOOO!!
    Last edited by holyforce; 2015-03-15 at 10:40 PM.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Don't masturbate for like a month. You'll ask her out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Don't masturbate for like a month. You'll ask her out.
    That is....interesting to say the least.
    doh my god....

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    That is....interesting to say the least.
    I mean..... Uh.... Sure

If you would like to take her to the prom then ask her. Whether she says yes or no more than likely isn't going to fucking matter in a few months anyways.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I mean..... Uh.... Sure
    Get hungry get food. Get horny get girl.

It's why horniness exists.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    It was said simply earlier: Be yourself, talk to her like a normal human. There is NO reason to fear women. The worst thing that can happen is that she says she still has the boyfriend, or simply says no. It is not the worst thing in the world to take a few knocks (rejection in this case).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Well as others have said you just got to go for it man. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If she says yes then awesome. If she says no then you are merely back at square one. So long as you don't get weird (trying to sniff her hair or talking about how great you would be together) on her she will think no different of you at all for asking. It seems like a big deal but as you get older you will see it is not.

If you are really bold you ask her even if she is dating that other guy. Unless the guy beats you up for it you still have nothing to lose. All is fair, as they say...

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    It was said simply earlier: Be yourself, talk to her like a normal human. There is NO reason to fear women. The worst thing that can happen is that she says she still has the boyfriend, or simply says no. It is not the worst thing in the world to take a few knocks (rejection in this case).
    Thanks mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Well as others have said you just got to go for it man. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If she says yes then awesome. If she says no then you are merely back at square one. So long as you don't get weird (trying to sniff her hair or talking about how great you would be together) on her she will think no different of you at all for asking. It seems like a big deal but as you get older you will see it is not.

If you are really bold you ask her even if she is dating that other guy. Unless the guy beats you up for it you still have nothing to lose. All is fair, as they say...
    Thanks for the advice.