Page 1 of 3
LastLast

dragonsoul heroic mount farm

hi there
    is it possible to farm dragonsoul similar to icc and ulduar where you clear the instance just once and then kill the final boss with every alt?

i tried several methods but none seems to work. does anyone have an idea?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need specifics. What mounts are you trying to farm. What are you having issues with?

I'm trying to farm life-binders handmaiden, which drops from the endboss on heroic 10/25 man.
    Unfortunately I am unable to use the same technique I use in ulduar and icc to get directly to the endboss.
    The raid id seems to be shared even if I leave the raid with one toon.

Make sure both characters or how many ever have cleared it on normal

every character I used has the heroic achievement.
    Were you able to farm deathwing on different toons with one clear?

No you can not, for DS and forward, to kill the last boss on HC, you need to clear all of the instance on HC.. this means you can not keep saves.

You have to clear it on HC every week for the heroic only mount

However you can still keep saves if you are only interrested in the mounts from normal, so the ones from deathwing and ultra..

EDIT: if you are unaware, heroic still use ID's.. this means, if you try to make a save, that save will be ruined as soon as you clear another boss in the instance.. because even if your char with the save, is no longer in the group, the heroic ID will still be the same, and any boss you kill in that ID will also be killed for any other char carrying that ID
    Last edited by Quibble; 2015-03-15 at 11:07 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

good to know, thanks.
    so for every try on heroic deathwing I need a fullclear on that character? so sad

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. That's how lockouts work post wrath. It shouldn't take long to re clear as of now. Should be fairly face roll. Spine can be tricky at times but you shouldn't have much of an issue.

yeah it doesn't take too long, but ulduar/icc are pretty face roll as well. Just wanted to save some valuable minutes =)

I don't think you can do this with a single account. You probably can if you dual-box to get the lockout on one alt, then repeat the process for other alts. However I have not tried this personally so I can't confirm.

*EDIT*

Sorry, the above is probably correct - unless they changed the way the old heroic lockouts worked, they're still old-style, ie if another character clears the lockout without you then if you re-enter it everything will be dead.

However if you were after the Ultra mount, you could clear up to Ultra on NM and use that lockout, since Ultra doesn't require you to kill the other bosses on HM. Also the Blazing Drake as this drops on NM as well.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-03-15 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The good thing about clearing DS25HC every week is that every boss drops about ~150g, add all the loot you can vendor and you can make up to 2k per run.

You can set it to heroic after clearing it all on normal. It requires a macro and it's basically not a recommended way of doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    You can set it to heroic after clearing it all on normal. It requires a macro and it's basically not a recommended way of doing it.
    You're not supposed to be able to do this though. Technically not allowed, but I doubt they'll even notice and if by some miracle they do I'm pretty sure you won't get punished.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Never heard of a macro forcing an instance to be heroic.

No biggie anyways. I always clear it on 25m heroic on my main for gold, my rogue should be able to do to 25m heroic now as well.

The macro I was using to switch Madness to heroic after entering 7/8 N via an alt's lockout is:

/click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click DropDownList2Button2

You click it after talking to Thrall, once the "are you sure you'd like to start the encounter" popup is onscreen.

This worked as of last week, but I suspect it may have been fixed. I tried it on a couple of toons yesterday with no luck.

You can share lockouts between characters on your own account to let, say, 7 of your characters go straight to Madness and kill him off the lockout of one of your characters. No dual boxing or second person required, just a bit of relogging back and forth between your characters.

Character A is your mule character with all the lockouts you want to save - keep extending them every week.
    Character A forms a raid through the group finder for the raid you're going to do.
    Log on to Character B, search for that raid and request to join it.
    Log on to Character A and accept the request to join.
    Log on to Character B and accept the invite. You're now in a 2 person raid with Character A as leader (shown as offline).
    Zone in with Character B, now you're in an instance with Character A's lockout.
    Kill the boss with Character B, Character A's lockout is still unchanged since it was offline.
    Rinse and Repeat with Character's C, D, E..
    Last edited by Mizzet; 2015-03-18 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    You can share lockouts between characters on your own account to let, say, 7 of your characters go straight to Madness and kill him off the lockout of one of your characters. No dual boxing or second person required, just a bit of relogging back and forth between your characters.

Character A is your mule character with all the lockouts you want to save - keep extending them every week.
    Character A forms a raid through the group finder for the raid you're going to do.
    Log on to Character B, search for that raid and request to join it.
    Log on to Character A and accept the request to join.
    Log on to Character B and accept the invite. You're now in a 2 person raid with Character A as leader (shown as offline).
    Zone in with Character B, now you're in an instance with Character A's lockout.
    Kill the boss with Character B, Character A's lockout is still unchanged since it was offline.
    Rinse and Repeat with Character's C, D, E..
    Doesnt work for heroic - one toon kills madness on heroic, rest have it killed

Deleted
    If you need Life-Binder's Handmaiden? No.
    If you need Blazing Drake or Experiment 12-B? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Doesnt work for heroic - one toon kills madness on heroic, rest have it killed
    That's interesting, and would be news to me. What's different about heroic that's causing this behavior? I mean, it's not like heroic lockouts are account bound or something.

Now that you mention it I've only ever done this on normal (for my MSV 10N astral serpent farm, only mount I'm after), and never assumed heroic would be any different - so I'll take your word for it not working on heroic, but I'm still puzzled as to why.

As Chrus posted earlier, heroic lockouts are still bound by raid ID, whereas a normal lockout 'binds' what bosses you have killed. So once a boss is killed once in a raid ID, it is gone from that raid ID and subsequent sharing of that raid ID. Not a problem for ICC/Invincible farming, since you can switch to heroic after accepting a normal save, but it doesn't work for newer raids that require all earlier bosses to be killed on heroic.

Incidentally, you can speed up the group forming process and a couple of log-ins/log-outs by selecting 'auto-accept' once you have created your listing. You may get some random realm-hoppers join your group, but once lead is passed to you (since the leader has DCed) you can disable auto-accept and toss out those uninvited guests if they haven't already left.