Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    As Chrus posted earlier, heroic lockouts are still bound by raid ID, whereas a normal lockout 'binds' what bosses you have killed. So once a boss is killed once in a raid ID, it is gone from that raid ID and subsequent sharing of that raid ID. Not a problem for ICC/Invincible farming, since you can switch to heroic after accepting a normal save, but it doesn't work for newer raids that require all earlier bosses to be killed on heroic.

Incidentally, you can speed up the group forming process and a couple of log-ins/log-outs by selecting 'auto-accept' once you have created your listing. You may get some random realm-hoppers join your group, but once lead is passed to you (since the leader has DCed) you can disable auto-accept and toss out those uninvited guests if they haven't already left.
    Actually it's possible to do this with DS25 Heroic. I got my mount after 32 attempts. There's a video explaining how it's done. Youtube video code GqOcQRQdl4Y

From the description of the video if you don't want to watch it:

Hey guys another cool way you can SKIP all of heroic dragon soul but still do madness. NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE KILLED MADNESS ON NORMAL DIFFICULTY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS OR NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

All you need other then that is this simple macro.:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /click DropDownList2Button2

1.) Clear normal DS up to Madness
    2.) Talk to Thrall (2nd Time) Click His Chat, BUT DO NOT CLICK YES IM READY TO START ENCOUNTER
    3.) Click your frame, and hover over Raid Difficulty
    4.) Click your macro
    What should happen: You Switch it to heroic, it does NOT kick you back to the beginning because the encounter is started, you changed it right as it started so it register's as HEROIC (It will say 10 player norm still, however, if it worked, simply check your frame, if it says heroic, you did it right! if you got a loading screen, you also probably did it right!)

Quote Originally Posted by trystera View Post
    The macro I was using to switch Madness to heroic after entering 7/8 N via an alt's lockout is:

You click it after talking to Thrall, once the "are you sure you'd like to start the encounter" popup is onscreen.

This worked as of last week, but I suspect it may have been fixed. I tried it on a couple of toons yesterday with no luck.
    this still works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    If you need Life-Binder's Handmaiden? No.
    If you need Blazing Drake or Experiment 12-B? Yes.
    Handmaiden is the only one that drops on heroic, so that'd be the only pertinent one to kill on heroic.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by schokn View Post
    hi there
    is it possible to farm dragonsoul similar to icc and ulduar where you clear the instance just once and then kill the final boss with every alt?

i tried several methods but none seems to work. does anyone have an idea?
    Forgive me for going off-topic but, how does this method work?

One character (main) clears raid on normal, and then alts "join" the mains lock-out, and set it to Heroic for Arthas Only? 9 alts do this method, and then the "main" account continues to extend lock-out ??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumaku13 View Post
    Forgive me for going off-topic but, how does this method work?

One character (main) clears raid on normal, and then alts "join" the mains lock-out, and set it to Heroic for Arthas Only? 9 alts do this method, and then the "main" account continues to extend lock-out ??
    Step 1: Clear 12/13 on 25 NORMAL on any character. This character will hold the lockout, and i will call him LockChar.
    Step 2: On LockChar, create a group in the LFG tool, relog another character (CharB) and sign up for that group.
    Step 3: Relog LockChar, and invite CharB
    Step 4: Relog CharB, wait for LockChar to be offline 5 mins, so you become leader of the group.
    Step 5: Turn into raid mode 25 NORMAL. Enter ICC on 25 NORMAL
    Step 6: Upon entering, Dont accept the lockout yet, but turn it to 25 HC first.. Then accept the lockout
    Step 7: Kill LK on 25 HC

If you wanna swap characters, kick out the char that has cleared the instance. So kick CharB before entering ICC25N with CharC.

Next week you can use the 25N lockout on LockChar to do the same thing. Enter on 25N, turn it 25HC when you're inside
    Note that all characters that you wanna LK25 HC on MUST have killed him on normal at least , else you cannot put the instance to HC.
    Last edited by mmoce02695a3d4; 2016-02-08 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Note that all characters that you wanna LK25 HC on MUST have killed him on normal at least , else you cannot put the instance to HC.
    Pretty sure you don't even need to have a previous ICC normal clear on the character. With ICC you can just enter on normal and then change it to heroic even if it's a brand new character that has never cleared before.

Step 1: Clear 12/13 on 25 NORMAL on any character. This character will hold the lockout, and i will call him LockChar.
    Step 2: On LockChar, create a group in the LFG tool, relog another character (CharB) and sign up for that group.
    Step 4: Relog CharB, wait for LockChar to be offline 5 mins, so you become leader of the group.
    Step 6: Upon entering, Dont accept the lockout yet, but turn it to 25 HC first.. Then accept the lockout

If you wanna swap characters, kick out the char that has cleared the instance. So kick CharB before entering ICC25N with CharC.

Next week you can use the 25N lockout on LockChar to do the same thing. Enter on 25N, turn it 25HC when you're inside
    Can simplify that a little more even:
    1) Clear partial on 1 char who will hold the saves.
    2) Save char now makes a group in LFG, enable auto invite, set minimum ilvl as high as your farm char or save char, this will help filter out some realm hoppers.
    3) Relog a farm char, queue to the save char's group & autojoin.
    4) Go to raid & kill the mount boss, then leave group & relog to save char again, goto step 2.
    On next week, log the save char & extend the raid saves on him before setting up LFD group.

In case of ICC, you clear 12/13 (or 11/13 if skipping heal boss) in 25NM, once inside you change to 25HC after group leader changes to you (takes about 3 min?).
    I didn't need to have LK normal kill on fresh alt to switch to heroic on him (armory currently shows him having 6 LK 25hc kills, nothing else in ICC at all).

As a small side note, the raid setting will inherit the save char's mode setting if you don't change anything on your farm char, I noticed this when I was doing ToT 10n for Horridon, chars that were set to 25 entered 10 man instance (and would afterwards enter a 10 man instance elsewhere), kinda confusing, so I now always manually set their difficulty mode to be sure they have correct mode toggled in that session after relog.

Finally, if you're using SavedInstances and you're going to do multiple LK kills in short succession, it will count entering 25NM and changing to 25HC as 2 saves and will throw a warning at you on changing setting on the 5th char, when it actually seems like changing between nm / hc inside only counts as 1 id save for your 10 per hour.

Got it on my 66th run, dont give up fam

Thanks team Honestly this knowledge will motivate more to do some actual mount farming. Ty!!

PS: Does this method work for other places, like for Tempest Keep etc. ?

Same rules still apply across expansions etc. ?

got it on my 1st attempt (life binder not blazing)

Nope, ICC is an exception to the rule (at least as far as mount bosses go). The other raids you must clear all bosses in heroic for the final boss to spawn in heroic mode, if you kill any in normal mode, then the final boss won't spawn in heroic mode (under normal non-exploit circumstances ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schokn View Post
    i tried several methods but none seems to work. does anyone have an idea?
    At the begining of this expac i couldnt solo-clear full DS on heroic on my main but after a bit of gear from Highmaul i could solo the entire instance on 25man heroic. I play Rogue. I found the main cockblock was Ultraxion cos u need a good dps to burn through it before it phases.

I guess the other issue would be Spine, but thats only for people who dont know the strat... its easy to solo when u know the strat.

PS i was gonna post up a video of how to solo it as Rogue, i guess i should!

Deleted
    Thanks team Honestly this knowledge will motivate more to do some actual mount farming. Ty!!

Tempest keep requires no lockout, you can enter the instance and run straight to Kael'thas to kill him.
    Other bosses dropping mounts in non-heroic mode all work the same as mentioned: The mentioned trick works on Elegon, Horridon, Ji-Kun, Ultraxion, Al'Akir, Ragnaros, Yogg-Saron 25-man etc etc.
    LK is the only exception with the heroic lockout thing you can cheese with turning normla into heroic.
    It "can" be done also with Madness of Deathwing macro thing, but I'm not sure that's legal.

Haven't tried something like that yet for Garrosh tbh. I got that mount so never checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    That's interesting, and would be news to me. What's different about heroic that's causing this behavior? I mean, it's not like heroic lockouts are account bound or something.

Now that you mention it I've only ever done this on normal (for my MSV 10N astral serpent farm, only mount I'm after), and never assumed heroic would be any different - so I'll take your word for it not working on heroic, but I'm still puzzled as to why.

Raid IDs are the same on the toons, therefore they get saved.

I did 25MH just for the gold while farming it on one toon, got both the Madness mounts. Just need 12b
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-02-17 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trystera View Post
    The macro I was using to switch Madness to heroic after entering 7/8 N via an alt's lockout is:

You click it after talking to Thrall, once the "are you sure you'd like to start the encounter" popup is onscreen.

This worked as of last week, but I suspect it may have been fixed. I tried it on a couple of toons yesterday with no luck.

This worked perfectly for me today!

I used my alt to transfer her 7/8 25N lockout to my main via group finder. Once I was made the group leader (took a minute or so), I delisted the group and removed my alt from it so it was just me. Went up to Thrall and clicked his dialogue. I put my macro on one of my numbered bars (9 in this case but you can use whichever).
    Once the "are you sure you want to start this encounter" message pops up, I right-clicked my portrait and hovered (don't click) my mouse over the "heroic" raid difficulty. I then clicked 9 and voila! The boss fight starts immediately.

After looting, I logged back on to my original alt and she still has Madness of Deathwing available TYSM for the info! This will save a ton of time.
    Last edited by Locky123; 2016-04-03 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locky123 View Post
    This worked perfectly for me today!

I used my alt to transfer her 7/8 25N lockout to my main via group finder. Once I was made the group leader (took a minute or so), I delisted the group and removed my alt from it so it was just me. Went up to Thrall and clicked his dialogue. I put my macro on one of my numbered bars (9 in this case but you can use whichever).
    Once the "are you sure you want to start this encounter" message pops up, I right-clicked my portrait and hovered (don't click) my mouse over the "heroic" raid difficulty. I then clicked 9 and voila! The boss fight starts immediately.

After looting, I logged back on to my original alt and she still has Madness of Deathwing available TYSM for the info! This will save a ton of time.
    This doesn't work for me. It reloads the screen and starts the fight but, before I can attack the boss, he despawns.

Sorry everyone, I believe the normal/heroic shortcut in DS has been fixed with patch 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Sorry everyone, I believe the normal/heroic shortcut in DS has been fixed with patch 7.0.
    Yeah I can't get it done anymore either, highly annoying, for some stupid reason it does work on Spine -_-.

I only need blazing drake for emerald achievement and I have probably cleared 25H DS 200 times since January about 8 times a week. Still haven't seen any mounts from madness, but yay experiment 12b >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Does farming LK 25HC from 25 normal lockout still work?
    Last edited by 2about; 2016-08-01 at 05:30 AM.