2v2 Who to target first?

We are running a RDuid/Arms Warrior setup. Still new to the 2v2 arena game, and trying to figure out who we should be targeting, and who we should be CC'ing.

We are low MMR so we are still seeing a bit of double DPS and the traditional Healer/DPS combo.

Also any other tips with our combo will be useful, as being the RDruid, it seems I am being CC'd to death.

Thanks!

I can't give much advice on the targets but as an Rdruid, it should be pretty hard to cc you, if both you and your team ate are aware of what's going. Assuming you're Night Elf, which I hope you are, shadow meld is nasty op at avoiding cc at important moments, displacer beast behind a pillar, pillar humping, cuz lol who needs to cast as an rdruid. If you're being focused against a dps/healer setup, remember warrior pumping out crazy dmg is a great way to peel. Depending on gear, the double dps games can be more difficult then healer dps games because if they are both melee, they will most likely train you into the ground.
    Be sure your warrior is watching for casted cc, so he can stop it, with interupt, stormbolt, mass spell reflect... Your comp really has great ways to defend against cc, it's just all about catching it in time.
    I'm no glad so take what I say with a grain of salt, haven't played this comp since early mop.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put their main CC ability on Focus target, and from there you can build on tbm13's advice. For example, you see a mage casting poly, you hit shadowmeld. Or LoS him with a pillar, if you're too far use displacer. Of course, this is if your warrior is training the other guy, or he's on the mage but interrupt is on CD and he's saving his stormbolt or whatever.

If it's a double DPS melee, they're unlikely to be doing much to CC you, more like try to burst you down faster than your HoTs can keep you up. As much as possible, kite them which your warrior should be fulltime helping with piercing howl/shockwave anyway. If you get the chance, cyclone em as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    wanna give us some specific scenarios?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    When u see a mage cast poly on u as a druid u obviously just go into bearform or whatever, no need to waste meld on a poly as a druid.
    I...I forgot about the immunity to poly alright.

While I am not high rated my experience has been -offensively who to target- is actually when to switch! Still learning but the when to switch as the DPS in 2's is how I land kills. Generally good teams in 2's die when you set up your DPS window with both of your enemies in some kind of CC.

your comp is very strong atm (arguably ... well) so focus on doing maximum damage. most of the time it's more like hit whatever you can stick to than a traditional strategy to win. your healer will almost guaranteed never go oom so you will eventually win if you keep it up.
    try to become good at mass spell reflect and intervene your druid if you see him being CCed. the more you keep your druid out of cc the more he can dispel you when you're in cc remember to use bladestorm to break roots / immune stuns etc.
    if you're vs'ing like mage rogue you have to realize that they can CC everyone so you just have to survive long enough for their cooldowns to run out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I...I forgot about the immunity to poly alright.
    well uh that's why good mages (well pretty much any mage you see in arenas these days) will poly out of deep or poly while your druid is casting something critical (or tries to cross cc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    While I am not high rated my experience has been -offensively who to target- is actually when to switch! Still learning but the when to switch as the DPS in 2's is how I land kills. Generally good teams in 2's die when you set up your DPS window with both of your enemies in some kind of CC.
    If you're not a class who can kill someone in a stun (feral with incarnation, BM, Rogue with red spree) I don't think that switching makes very much sense. Almost every class has some kind of defensive cd, and when you switch you just give them time to get their cds back. Usually in a heal/dps duel the dps sticks to one target and pops cds when he sees a good opportunity. The main work has (imo) to be done by the rdruid because he needs to cc the enemy and give his warrior the maximum uptime on his target, while the warrior just pumps in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    wanna give us some specific scenarios?
    I was going to say the same thing

probably the druid or the hunter. cause pvp only have those these days