Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    12 Fans and quiet. No problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    12 Fans and quiet. No problems.

[video=youtube;6aDID5S41_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDID5S41_A[video]
    As impressive as that is, I'll be honest, that's not that quiet to me.

Just as an example of how low volumes I go for stuff. If I have headphones on, my master control is 3-5%~, foobar is at -40-50dB at the same time. Without headphones generally 10-15% master system volume, about 15% for the logitech speaker, subwoofer is also about 15% and foobar stays the same.
    Anything higher starts hurting my ears...

When you have something like six fans (I have I think 7?...I know...800D), that's when you should consider purchasing a fan controller. I have one in my system because the fans I have are very loud at max speed. Getting them on the controller, I can have them be not really noticeable and they still push a lot of air. That's what I would suggest.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    As impressive as that is, I'll be honest, that's not that quiet to me.
    Did he mention the the amount of sound somewhere in the video? I watched it twice, but couldn't really hear a thing from the fans ~ mostly just his fingers hitting the mic and clip falling on the table.

Stop arguing with eachother please? Jkim came to the post asking for help and it has managed to somehow turn into people bickering at eachothers suggestions.

On my rig I had to lower the RPM on a few of the fans as for whatever reason they ran at about 2400 RPM by default and they sounded like jet engines. Turned them to a more appropriate level and its fine.
    @OP: What are your front 3 fans running at?
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-03-16 at 10:59 PM.

Hi!
    Your Imac (if it at all is a recent one) has laptop components and laptop cooling, with the entire case acting as a large heatsink - it's going to generate less heat and need less cooling, so it will be less.

Your problem is that your fans are running at a too-high RPM. I would make sure that the fans/pump connector on your CPU cooler (the one with the hoses) are connected to a CPU-fan header on your motherboard. Consult your motherboard manual if you can't see the text.
    Then go into the BIOS and adjust so that your fans are in "silent optimised PWM mode" (or similar).

I don't remember what exactly with the H440, but there is a fan hub behind the non-window case panel - I don't remember whether that is a 12v hub or one you can lower with a switch, but if it's just a constant speed one, I would try to get a resistance adapter so you could strangle it down to 7v - This will not cause your computer to overheat, don't worry.

Of course, make sure the computer is turned off before moving connectors or what not. For the sake of the computer and you alike.

Start there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Did he mention the the amount of sound somewhere in the video? I watched it twice, but couldn't really hear a thing from the fans ~ mostly just his fingers hitting the mic and clip falling on the table.
    Personally I can still hear the fan sounds, again dependent person to person. Is tapping the mic and dropping the paper clip more obvious, yes but that's also because we pick up abrupt changes more than a constant one.

Deleted
    Why did you buy such a big case with so many fans if you were going to get water cooling?