Please help a noob out

Hi, I just recently returned to the game and I am completely lost. My character is a level 15 white mage and I am in a place called Lower Luminsa. I don't remember how i got here but can't seem to find a way out of there and where it is i should be at for my lvl.

I would ask in chat but there doesn't seem to be a chat channel. I see dozens of players around me and not one word has been said. Do chat channels need to be activated or something?

Also, any recommendations for a profession for a white mage would be great too and if there is any helpful addons i should get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    Hi, I just recently returned to the game and I am completely lost. My character is a level 15 white mage and I am in a place called Lower Luminsa. I don't remember how i got here but can't seem to find a way out of there and where it is i should be at for my lvl.

I would ask in chat but there doesn't seem to be a chat channel. I see dozens of players around me and not one word has been said. Do chat channels need to be activated or something?

Also, any recommendations for a profession for a white mage would be great too and if there is any helpful addons i should get.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Lower Limsa is part of the Limsa Lominsa city.

Try to find where to continue your main story quest, if you don't know where open your quest log, click the Completed tab, and find what was the last story quest that you did then see where to continue here: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ma...est/Level_1-15 . Remember that Story quests have a different icon.

There is one, click the "..." next to the chat and click in "Shout". That is like speaking in General Chat in WoW. And no, they don't need to be activated as far as I remember.

If by profession you mean Craft/Gatherer then know that they are also considered classes and you can have all classes on the same character. That being said don't worry about craft now, focus on getting to 50 because crafting can be very expensive. Buy your gear from NPCs (don't use the market board) in zones that for your level or dungeons.

There is no addon for this game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    There is no professions you level for a certain class. Either you become a crafter to sell gear to everyone or you dont level it at all. Leveling crafting costs way too much to just be used for yourself.

There is a recommendations tab in the game that gives you some choices in activities. You find it through the menu.

Deleted
    Open your general spells and find the teleport ability to travel back to wherever you need to go. I'm guessing Gridania since youre a conjurer. If that fails have a look at your return spell in the same location and find out where that is set. If that fails look on your map and press the up arrow in the top left of the map to upscale the map into something more readable and plan a route back to wherever it is you need to go.

If 15 is the highest class you have, I would actually recommend starting over. You are only a few hours in and will seriously help you to regain your bearings. If you already have multiple classes to 15, that's a different story. If Conjurer is all you have though, just start over.

thank you all for advice, teleport helped me lots.

I finally got to a place where i can quest. People talk as if levels just go by with no or little effort but not me, it takes me a while in a new game to get the hang of things.

I play on Odin EU and look forward to group content

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect you were either acting as an emissary or being sent to yoir first dungeon at 15