Poll: Wich expansion did you enjoy the LEAST

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD. It's been the only xpac that I didn't like enough to unsub from the game. Can't wait till 7.0 is brought forth to hopefully turn the game around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care for cataclysm for the same reason most others didn't care for it, however, I'm part of a rare breed who doens't gauge the quality of an entire expansion on its raiding scene. I absolutely LOVED the new world quests they added in that expac. Some of them were down right emotional. Some of them created bonds to characters stronger than ones I felt for big names like Arthas and Saurfang. For the first time since the RTS titles, some NPCs had personality. For this reason alone, Cataclysm stays a rank above WoD.

Don't get me wrong. I couldn't care less about the emo, edgy, unsatisfied bandwagon kids that claim to hate whatever content is current. As I said above, I spend most of my time out in the world. This time around, that simply doesn't exist. Unless you like filling up progress bars in your little apexis areas, grinding needless, aimlessly respawning mobs for a vanity rep or fuckign WALKING between Archaeology points, there's really no reason to leave your garrison. I've leveled 2 alts to 660+ without ever taking them out of the garrison for anything but turning in the stages of the legendary questline. This mobile-game approach to what was considered the biggest new feature of the Xpac is an absolute joke.

Unless you're in the middle of raid night, it doesn't even feel like an MMO anymore.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It's a Toss up for me I said MOP mainly because this xpac isn't over, but WOD had me unsub much earlier then MOP which was the first time I ever had an inactive sub in over 8 years. Moral of the story for me is stop giving us shit we don't care about or don't want to kill. I haven't felt since CATA that the big bad was actually a threat. I mean we destroyed the Dark Portal, so we should have just left Draenor to its own devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is the worst expansion I've played for any MMO is a very long time. I thought Cata (couldn't unsub as I was GL/RL at the time but I would have if I wasn't) was bad but buy oh fucking boy was I wrong. I even uninstalled the damn thing.

Waiting to see how they follow through with this ongoing comedy act when they fumble out rushed changes for patch 6.2. Maybe I'll resub for a laugh at that time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm. Didn't care for much of it and didn't play much and everyone I knew quit for most of it. WoD is fairly close, especially with the impressive 6.1, will have to see if it can redeem itself at all.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    I voted WoD for a variety of reasons.

I'm a Wrath baby with a trial account that goes back to TBC, Wrath was my real taste of MMOrpg outside of Runescape so... That expansion is perfect because it was my first etc etc.

Cata was horrific due to Dragon Soul and me playing an Arms Warrior in PvP, however... I just think the current state of PvP overall is actually worse. Couple that with Highmaul being pretty shit, patch 6.1 being fairly er... Empty minus Selfie Cameras (which yeah, were funny for er... about 3 days maybe) and as much as BrF is a good raid, I feel it's going to get dry really quickly.

WoD is light years ahead of any other point in wow in terms of awfulness. None of the others listed had me unsubbing by the 1 month point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably sound weird for saying this but I had the least fun in WotLK. That was the only time I quit WoW and it was because I was bored out of my mind and I truly thought I was done with the game. There was just nothing to do at end game other than those rep dailies, the Argent Tournament which got boring after a while and of course raiding which I was never able to do (thank god for the later addition of LFR). The design of it and the story for it I thought was top notch but the content just wasn't there, so I quit. Cataclysm soon after brought me back though of course and ever since then I've been generally having fun with the game and haven't even thought about quitting again.

WoD so far has been my favorite in terms of how much fun I'm having. The story certainly isn't the greatest, it's nothing compared to BC, but I am having more fun than I did back in Cata and especially WotLK. MoP is probably my 2nd favorite expansion with BC being my 3rd.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-03-16 at 02:36 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Toss up between MoP and WoD, but went with MoP. If they add some new 5 mans or that dungeon Timewalking feature before this expansion is over, I'll put it above MoP. But the disney-esque/Kung Fu Panda feeling of Pandaria was a huge turn off, it didn't even feel like I was playing Warcraft anymore. Landfall and the ToT patches were the only things I enjoyed.

Also I liked Cata before it was cool.

Deleted
    MoP cos of pandas, kung fu and asian theme.

WoD best so far - dark warcraft theme, questing, garrison, best raids, treasure finding, rares hunting... loving all of it. Also /played time jumped from 1hour a day in MoP to 6+hours in WoD

Enjoying WoD the least, most of my friends quit or went casual due to the change to the highest difficulty raiding. HC is not difficult enough and no one liked the 20 man setting.
    Most enjoyed:
    1. WotLK
    2. Cata (Met most of my current friends during this expac, raided from start to end, had some of the best times. Being an altoholic I liked the new quests from 1-60)
    3. MoP (Took a break at the start of the expac so missed out on MV and HF progression, but was there from ToES till halfway SoO. Enjoyment dropped quickly after month 7 of SoO)
    4. BC (Was a total noob, but got to know many people)

Haven't played vanilla so can't comment on that.
    But yes, I actually enjoyed Cataclysm, mostly due to good friends and good raiding. It was also the expansion I levelled about 10 alts (had too much time then).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    MoP cos of pandas, kung fu and asian theme.

WoD best so far - dark warcraft theme, questing, garrison, best raids, treasure finding, rares hunting... loving all of it. Also /played time jumped from 1hour a day in MoP to 6+hours in WoD
    Lol then your doing something wrong because your done in 15m in Warlords of waitcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm one of the few people that really didn't just loathe Cataclysm. Yes, it had a lot wrong with it but I lived to play Tol Barad and it was always a big deal on my server. It was the last time there was competitive world PVP for me and developed rivalries with foes you could hate or befriend on your faction alts. I also think the Well of Eternity is hands down the best 5 man dungeon in the last 5+ years. I'm not talking about a difficulty/catch up sense but just the sheer magnitude of the place makes me happy in my places.

I have to say the worst part of that expansion to me in hindsight was the removal of the D1/D2 sets, Benediction/Ananthema, rework or Scholomance and how the item levels were messed with on 30-50 dungeons. I really get sick of how Blizzard blows up legacy content. Cata did most of that.

Cataclysm. I loved the revamped old world, but disliked the new zones (except Uldum), dungeons and raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was the first time I unsubed since I started playing in burning crusade. I really like WoD, I raid and raids so far are great so I'm having a blast.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

For me it's a tie between Cata and WoD, but as of now I'm leaning towards WoD being the worse EXP.

However in all my years playing WoW (Since Vanilla) and being a active raider (Wrath/MoP/WoD), I have never found me to log in as little as I do right now.

The amount of things in WoD that seems too repetitive is increasingly starting to annoy me, example most (if not all) reputations offer very lackluster rewards in the form of recolored mounts that I have already gained making it much less interesting to farm. Most dungeons are very easy, yet from time to time have some random trash mechanic that hinders mass pulling, making it a complete bore to do. Treasures/Rares where a good part during leveling, but after getting the interesting stuff (Which took an hour) there is no point in going around getting the rest for ~520-600 gear and garrison resources.
    Followers are now all 675 or close and rare missions that are worth doing comes each 3rd day or so, that it's not really somethings that is tempting.

Highmaul is in my opinion the absolute worst raid I have ever done, even worse then ToC or Naxx25/10. BRF is a decent raid with a very tight tuning making it one of the better raids, but some of the mechanics are more annoying then needed (Primarily due to RNG), which sadly worsens my overall opinion of BRF.

PvP and Ashran has yet to be a positive experience, despite being a hunter. Then again I haven't really enjoyed PvP since Cata, so that might just be on me.

Edit: The social part is as good as always, so not going anywhere yet!
    Last edited by Bllets; 2015-03-16 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably have to go with Cata as well...I took nearly a year long break right before they added transmoging to the game and stuff.

Deleted
    Mist of #FatUglyPandaPandariaWithBoringRaidsAndBoringDungeonsAswellAsTheWorstDesign.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Classic. Part of it may have been that I joined a few months before BC came out, but my experience with Classic was... nothing to write home about. Sure I was still learning the system and did indeed do some crazy and stupid things as a newbie, but I continued to do those crazy and stupid things later on in more interesting ways down the line.

For me, Classic was a very grindy time where I didn't have any guild and hadn't really made any friends in WoW yet. Leveling was a slog and earning money for my first mount took absolutely forever.

Cataclysm. I actually quit the game with no intentions to return during Firelands.

Although honestly WOD is making me feel the same. Only reason I'm still playing is that I really enjoy my guild. If Mythic BRF doesn't really get me going though I'll probably take another leave of absence.