Deleted

Unholy Death and Decay single target ?

I used Simcraft and it gave me this damage breakdown on a single target patchwork style fight over 4mins 50. According to it 4th biggest ability is Death and Decay should I be using it vs single targets when i'm using necrotic plague ?

I don't believe you should be, might just be something wrong with the default setting of simcraft

Do you mean 4th in the Damage per Execute Time chart?

Simcraft can sometimes do things that are a bit derpy, but that chart basically just shows you how much damage that ability is worth in the situation which you simulated. Generally this tells you that because DnD competes with Scourge Strike for runes, if Scourge Strike is worth more damage than DnD then it's not worth it to use DnD on single target fights. Note that things such as the fact that DnD scales better with mastery can in some situations potentially mean that it's not this easy.

You should not use DnD on single-targets as Unholy, with or without necroblight.

Unholy T17H PL+Defile: 37.58k
    Unholy T17H UB+NP necroblight: 36.20k
    Unholy T17H UB+NP necroblight no DnD: 36.42k (+0.6%)
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-03-17 at 06:46 PM.

That... is an excellent point.

I commented out the DnD lines, which obviously didn't do anything. Explains why they simmed so close!

You made me think for a moment that I was doing something horribly wrong all this time haha.

I remember right after the SS buff someone did math on it and it's worth it at 2+ targets now by a large margin.

Sure, it's essentially DPS-neutral at 1 target, so it would definitely be worthwhile with 2.

Deleted
    2+ targets only i believe its a minor dps loss if all ticks hit 1 target