Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Would a WoW token account count as a "subscriber"?

In the earnings reports, do accounts activated by buying a WoW token from gold count as a subscriber? How does Rift/EVE do it?

At first it seems like yes, of course it would, Blizzard is still getting $ from the token. Right? Or will they just start reporting on "active accounts" since the WoW token accounts technically aren't subscribers.

I'd say so, yeah. Because, like you said, they are getting (presumably) the same amount of money as if they were a real subscriber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In the earnings reports, do accounts activated by buying a WoW token from gold count as a subscriber? How does Rift/EVE do it?

At first it seems like yes, of course it would, Blizzard is still getting $ from the token. Right? Or will they just start reporting on "active accounts" since the WoW token accounts technically aren't subscribers.
    I think it count's as a micro transaction i could be wrong. They could just check how many subscribers there are active, The token is just game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

to get the the token, someone has to pay $, so its kinda like they bought you game time. Kinda like someone buying you those 60 days game cards for you to play.. still considered a subscriber.

Deleted
    A subscriber is an active account (i.e. with available game time) so a token counts as a subscriber when it's in use. If you buy 10 tokens (to use them yourself) they won't count as 10 subs but your account subbed for the time of 10 tokens. If you sell them to 10 different people ofc they count as 10 subs for the time they're in use.

Yes because the token is essentially the same as game time just its tradeable

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Tokens are an attempt at fluffing their subscriber numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not fluffing if they only count when consumed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Yes. Tokens are an attempt at fluffing their subscriber numbers.
    No it's not. For the love of god, just stop. Every person who buys a token is doing the exact same thing I do when I pay for my subscription for the next 30 days, except they're using a different payment source. It's still someone playing the game. It's still someone subscribed to the game. Get over it and get over your ridiculous hate for the game.

Yes. if someone else is paying your bill, the bill still gets paid.

One could argue that guys who play off game cards are no less fluid than guys who buy their gametime with gold (and the gamecards would certainly be considered "subbed").

Deleted
    100% they will count as a subscriber.

I reckon the token is going to cost more than a 1 month sub by $1.

And you can't get any reduction from buying 3 month or 6 months.

It will 100% count.

I also do not think we will get to know the amount of token subs compared to direct subs.

Game Cards count as subs right?

Token is a virtual Game Card.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-03-16 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    Or will they just start reporting on "active accounts" since the WoW token accounts technically aren't subscribers.
    They are subscribers, you use one to get a month's subscription.

Hence, obviously, yes they should and will be counted.

Blizzard will be getting money for those accounts whether they pay or someone else does so I don't see why they wouldn't count. It's not like people would be playing for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No it's not. For the love of god, just stop. Every person who buys a token is doing the exact same thing I do when I pay for my subscription for the next 30 days, except they're using a different payment source. It's still someone playing the game. It's still someone subscribed to the game. Get over it and get over your ridiculous hate for the game.
    Come now, let's at least realize that it's going to try and play for the effect if anything.

Sorry if you don't feel that way, but once again we're looking at ploys to keep subscribers, just like the AP, just like the Paid 90's.

Same kind of marketing strategy, just earlier on in this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any game time that's paid for with real money counts as a subscription. Someone has to pay for the token with real money, therefore it will count.

Yes.

10obviouslys
    READ and be less Ignorant.

A subscriber is an account with active game time. It doesn't matter how that game time was bought (moms credit card, game time card from friend or monthly subscription).

Of course they will count as suscriber. The game time was paid for by someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your point and the point you quoted are not mutually exclusive.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Come now, let's at least realize that it's going to try and play for the effect if anything.

Sorry if you don't feel that way, but once again we're looking at ploys to keep subscribers, just like the AP, just like the Paid 90's.

Same kind of marketing strategy, just earlier on in this expansion.
    But this is a positive thing for the game? Sure they want more subscribers, but don't act like thats a bad thing. Everyone coming back to play is someones friend which makes that subscribers game experience more positive.