Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heavensward Pre-Orders

Quoting from FFXIV Steam news:

Greetings, Adventurers!

The time is finally upon us – the realm of Eorzea will see its first expansion, and it’s going Heavensward! As you probably know, pre-orders have started today at some retailers.

Fear not, the Steam version will also be available in the future. In the meantime, please keep in mind that you can only upgrade your Steam-version of A Realm Reborn via a Steam version of Heavensward – others just won’t do!

We will definitely keep you informed on when the Steam pre-orders go live, so keep your eyes on the Community Hub!

Your FFXIV Community Team
    So, Steam users will need to purchase everything again or? It seems that Steam won't accept the activation codes from the physical CE?

Sounds to me like if you bought ARR through Steam you need to buy Heavensward through Steam, like if you did the Trial through steam you needed to buy the full game through steam

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Quoting from FFXIV Steam news:

Fear not, the Steam version will also be available in the future. In the meantime, please keep in mind that you can only upgrade your Steam-version of A Realm Reborn via a Steam version of Heavensward – others just won’t do!

So, Steam users will need to purchase everything again or? It seems that Steam won't accept the activation codes from the physical CE?
    I mean did you read what you quoted? it says right there you need the steam version of Heavensward to upgrade your steam version of realm reborn. So no, if you buy a physical edition you are SOL and have to rebuy it if you plan on using it to upgrade.

Would be nice if the collectors edition included a code for the original game so you can just add that and still just launch the Steam version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Steam version use the Steam account and not a SE account, cause that'd explain a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Does the Steam version use the Steam account and not a SE account, cause that'd explain a bit.
    I downloaded the trial and use it to launch my normal account, not sure why the system is limiting it.

I'm hoping like heck we get the CE here in aus, but i'm not liking my chances at the moment. I reckon i'll only have option of digital CE which makes me sad. That said if the Heavensward CE is anything like Type-0 it's going to be about $300 AU for it anyway... ouch :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean did you read what you quoted? it says right there you need the steam version of Heavensward to upgrade your steam version of realm reborn. So no, if you buy a physical edition you are SOL and have to rebuy it if you plan on using it to upgrade.
    Yes, I did. I was talking about the physical CE. Did you even read my post? I was just complaining because I wanted to purchase the physical Collector's Edition but I can't because Steam.

Seriously.

first time actually getting a physical CE, do we have to wait for the game to get here to be able to play, or will we be getting a code (or is that what the early access code is)

Yes, I did. I was talking about the physical CE. Did you even read my post? I was just complaining because I wanted to purchase the physical Collector's Edition but I can't because Steam.

Seriously.
    This is one of the reasons I avoid Steam. I mean sure, they have great deals, but those great deals take away from the developers. I mean, even buying a game at full cost on Steam takes away from the developers. Buy games straight from the makers I say. You won't ever run in to issues like this. You also won't have some third party software on your system monitoring every game you ever play and collecting data on you.

Deleted
    Oh well... guess I ll have to get a steam version then. Please tell me at least that the steam version of Heavensward will arrive just as soon as the rest and we wont have to wait...(taking about release day not pre purchase)

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No. You pay for your account through mogstation just like a regular account. The main difference being you can pay with your steam wallet (or any regular payment method) and game time is tracked in steam (sorta). You log in to mogstation to make payments not through steam i.e. you make an account for mogstation separate from steam. I hope that explains it.

Afaik you can change a steam ARR version to a normal one but not vice versa. So if you really must have the physical Heavensward CE that might be an option. SE will also be offering a digital upgrade CE if steam doesn't offer a CE edition (again if you really must have the CE goodies and are using a steam version). The prevailing theory is you will not be able to use the non-steam version with a steam version - this includes any physical copy and cd keys.

SE hasn't really been straight with us in this regard. There are no straight answers from the devs as of yet (no steam version of Heavesnward is listed in their version slides). It kind of feels like Steam versions are being treated like second class citizens, I'd agree. But I like paying with my steam wallet on occasion so I'll continue with the steam red-headed stepchild version even if it is a slight headache when expansions are released.

If you're more confused now than before, it's ok, you're not alone... they really should be the same exact thing but they aren't. Steam isn't evil they just like to make things complicated when playing MMOs through their service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Seriously.
    Yes, you asked questions note the question marks in your sentences. If you were complaining you would have made a statement not asked a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Meh not entirely, but the sales are generally pretty decent. They also haven't started charging $25 for mounts; yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Meh not entirely, but the sales are generally pretty decent. They also haven't started charging $25 for mounts; yet.
    If I can buy a game on Steam for $50 or buy a game from the developer for $50, which way do you think the developers get more money? If a game is selling for $50 and it's on Steam Sale for $15, how much do you think the developers get? They are a middle man and taking profits from the developers. That's evil. Second, they track you. They have mass data stores on you and your gaming habits, your gaming machine, what resolution you play at, what settings you play your games at and they sell that info to people. That's evil.

Buy your games from the devs and don't let people collect, store and sell data about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Amazon gets more Digital CE's, I rather not buy from the SE Store. Can't stand Digital River.

10+ Year Old Account
    Order is in! Can't wait to play this - It looks amazing. #Airships
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Pre ordered mine! Cant wait to get that Dragon statue =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Greenmangaming just offered me a better deal with 25% off the D:CE bringing it to $45. That's where I originally purchased the game from so maybe that helped.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!