Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Defamation doesn't mean saying mean, racist or bigoted things.
    Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation as well as other various kinds of defamation that retaliate against groundless criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I can say I hate any race of anyone I want to their face, this is America. Otherwise You better go sue the KKK, Black Panthers etc. Their speech is protected under the first amendment. Go read a book.

- - - Updated - - -

He doesn't understand the meaning of the words he is trying to use.
    Yea you can, and they can turn around and sue you for damages, this is America.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation as well as other various kinds of defamation that retaliate against groundless criticism.
    I'll take an example here:

"I think black people are criminals cuz they black and should go back to africa"

Do you think such a statement would even fall under defamation, or hate speech, in USA?

Blacks were never given the opportunity to take hold of their own destiny, whites owned them, like animals, and raised them to be obedient animals to do our bidding.
    Don't say "our". You never were involved in any slavery, and you're edging closer and closer to white guilt syndrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take an example here:

"I think black people are criminals cuz they black and should go back to africa"

Do you think such a statement would even fall under defamation, or hate speech, in USA?
    Yes of course. Now if the damaged parties were willing to sue, is completely up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Don't say "our". You never were involved in any slavery, and you're edging closer and closer to white guilt syndrome.
    Why not, I am not afraid of the past, but I'm not stupid enough to think that the horrific actions we did to other human beings doesn't have any connection to the issues of today.

Deleted
    Yes of course. Now if the damaged parties were willing to sue, is completely up to them.
    For someone living in USA you seem to be really unaware of your laws and what they're for.

15+ Year Old Account
    For someone living in USA you seem to be really unaware of your laws and what they're for.
    I think you are having a hard time how a person can sue for damages.

I think it first starts with him not understanding the words he is using.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are having a hard time how a person can sue for damages.
    Why don't you sue the KKK, according to you there is money on the table.
    Can I sue David Chappelle for Clayton Bigsby?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it first starts with him not understanding the words he is using.
    Just because it hurts your feelers if someone sues you for damages for what you said, doesn't mean it won't happen. Welcome to America.

Just because it hurts your feelers if someone sues you for damages for what you said, doesn't mean it won't happen. Welcome to America.
    They can't, like I said why don't you sue the KKK? What about comedians? Movies?

Why not, I am not afraid of the past, but I'm not stupid enough to think that the horrific actions we did to other human beings doesn't have any connection to the issues of today.
    Did you not read my post? Are you actually arguing that you're responsible for the actions of people who are of the same race from hundreds of years ago?

Again you say horrific actions that "we" did - you do understand that the word 'we' includes you, right? Why would you include yourself in their actions when you weren't even born?

This is basically just Original Sin but in modern white liberal form.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't, like I said why don't you sue the KKK? What about comedians? Movies?
    Because it wasn't directed at me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Did you not read my post? Are you actually arguing that you're responsible for the actions of people who are of the same race from hundreds of years ago?

Again you say horrific actions that "we" did - you do understand that the word 'we' includes you, right? Why would you include yourself in their actions when you weren't even born?

This is basically just Original Sin but in modern white liberal form.
    Oh right, the plight of black America is their fault because we slavery is illegal and the CRA! Praise white Jesus, my sin is GONE!

I'm really curious how the KKK can hold rally's and not be sued I mean they say all types of offensive racist rhetoric. What about wetboro baptist church? You know why they aren't sued. First amendment, they actually get permits to spew racist speech in public.

welcome to the Untied States where our freedom of speech takes priority over the offended
    I have the right to offend you. You don't have the right not to be offended

Deleted
    I actually think spewing horrible racist garbage in public is ok

In fact, I much rather they do it in public than in private

As long as it's not an incitement to actual violence etc we should let them say their crazy stuff so we know who they are, where to find them, etc

Free speech is never important to protect the majority views -- free speech is only important (and difficult) to safeguard in the case of fringe, sometimes even extreme fringe minority views

In both the case of the Panthers and the KKK, we can only be glad these groups are on the very crazy edge of our modern society and very few people believe the horrible stuff they promulgate -- and although I wouldn't say either of them are harmless, taking away their free speech might only make them worse.

As long as we can keep their speech free, we can keep them in the open, to be ridiculed publicly until their views fall of the map, just like with pro-slavery people, etc.

Free society is never static and it will progress. Giving up free speech only takes us backwards.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2015-03-21 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    sure you win if that makes you feel Superior, all white people are racist. Oh yeah and no black people are.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah the governor that said "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever"
    and the one that stood in front of Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama to block black students from enrolling and was the democrat governor of Alabama till 1987.
    no black people are? I thought I referred to these people as black supremacist? In another thread about race I compared them to the kkk, or maybe that was this thread...

Yes it's from Infowars, but no one else is reporting this that I could find.
    Some people might have taken that as an indicator of the legitimacy of the "story."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I actually think spewing horrible racist garbage in public is ok

In fact, I much rather they do it in public than in private

As long as it's not an incitement to actual violence etc we should let them say their crazy stuff so we know who they are, where to find them, etc

Free speech is never important to protect the majority views -- free speech is only important (and difficult) to safeguard in the case of fringe, sometimes even extreme fringe minority views

In both the case of the Panthers and the KKK, we can only be glad these groups are on the very crazy edge of our modern society and very few people believe the horrible stuff they promulgate -- and although I wouldn't say either of them are harmless, taking away their free speech might only make them worse.

As long as we can keep their speech free, we can keep them in the open, to be ridiculed publicly until their views fall of the map, just like with pro-slavery people, etc.

Free society is never static and it will progress. Giving up free speech only takes us backwards.
    Some points that many anti-free speechers just don't get. This is pretty much the one thing America has over every other country and they try to use it as a pejorative.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the Black Panther's still a relevant thing? They where long before my time so.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies