Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Nintendo does deserve an award for "Worse names for video game hardware". Maybe it sounded better in Japanese?
    Nope, still sounds retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Nope, still sounds retarded.
    It always reminds me of this Kung Fu parody

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    As long as it wouldn't be a huge set back for Nintendo, I hope this experiment fails.
    why? aslong as it doesnt ruin their hand held market which i dont think it will. It could see nintendo getting extra money running upto potentially billions a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    why? aslong as it doesnt ruin their hand held market which i dont think it will. It could see nintendo getting extra money running upto potentially billions a year.
    Look at the Comic-Walker.com site vs MangaBox.me and tell me DeNA isn't incompetent. They chose a domain easily confused with the biggest manga piracy site online (MangaFox.me) while at the same time making a website/app that has almost no useful information, is neigh unusable, and their typesetting for the English titles is total crap. Then you look at the ebooks offered by Comic-Walker and they're all professional looking typesetting and worthy of a business having produced it and charging money for it.

This is gonna be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Look at the Comic-Walker.com site vs MangaBox.me and tell me DeNA isn't incompetent. They chose a domain easily confused with the biggest manga piracy site online (MangaFox.me) while at the same time making a website/app that has almost no useful information, is neigh unusable, and their typesetting for the English titles is total crap. Then you look at the ebooks offered by Comic-Walker and they're all professional looking typesetting and worthy of a business having produced it and charging money for it.

This is gonna be ugly.
    Depends because at the end of the day Nintendo is running the show. We don't know how much control they are giving to DeNA and good chance they will make a new store to sell the Nintendo products on.

Also dispite the flaws with DeNA they are making money and both Nintendo's and DeNA's stock went up 25% after the annoucement.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So intead of focusing on games for the consoles we will now see time and money wasted on trash for tablets and phones. Great job nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So intead of focusing on games for the consoles we will now see time and money wasted on trash for tablets and phones. Great job nintendo.
    Or they will do both like they have for years.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ugh another console? Lets hope it doesn't come out for a decade :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

http://www.time.com/3748920/nintendo-mobile-games/

Here's an interview between Time's Matt Peckham and Satoru Iwata about the upcoming mobile games. One section in particular:

Q: Will Nintendo or DeNA be developing these games? And is Mr. Miyamoto [creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and other iconic Nintendo franchises] working on anything smart device-related?

A: Development of smart device games will be mainly done by Nintendo, but it is significant that we are forming a joint development structure with DeNA. Nintendo, through experience in the dedicated game system business, is good at making traditional game products. But for smart devices, in addition to the “product” aspect of a game, the aspect of an ever-evolving “service” is very important—a service that encourages consumers to play every day even for a short time. DeNA has extensive know-how in developing the “service” side of things, and will be primarily responsible for the service-oriented operations. We will be able to greatly leverage strengths of each party.

As for any involvement of Mr. Miyamoto, we will discuss it when possible, but for now, understand that his priority is on the development of Wii U titles that will be launched this year.
    Emphasis mine.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/10/02/ni...cted-and-soon/

Dr. Sekan Toto, videogame industry analyst based in Tokyo, tweeted to expect an announcement on the first game in the partnership soon, and expect the unexpected.

I really enjoy Final Fantasy Record Keeper which Square Enix developed with DeNA for mobile. I look forward to what Nintendo and DeNA can do together.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/statu...37852559257600

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/659273903898890242

Update tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

New free free to start game Miitomo.

It will share info about yourself with other Miis.

Other mobile games will be pay to download.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ugh another console? Lets hope it doesn't come out for a decade :l
    If they follow their established pattern, there won't be any games worth mentioning for the first few years, anyway.

Oh, and no F-Zero. Ever.