Best Budget 1440p monitor for wow?

The title 10ch
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Deleted
    I can highly recommend the BenQ GW2765HT for ~$388, super happy with mine.

Review here...

I picked up the Acer K272HUL a few months ago. Solid as all hell.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

25" Acer with 1440p at $280.

Super high dots per inch.

If you'd like the extra bit of size that 27" provides, however, I'd say the one Notarget linked, that one sometimes goes even cheaper than $388.

The new 25" 1440p panels though are just really inexpensive to produce, so don't be surprised by prices plummeting on them.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Something worth checking out is also the new Dell U2515H. Takes less screen space and comes from the line of ridiculously good monitors and at affordable price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Something worth checking out is also the new Dell U2515H. Takes less screen space and comes from the line of ridiculously good monitors and at affordable price.
    Essentially almost the same as the Acer I posted, but Dell adds their bells and whistles to up the price... so it becomes a good deal more expensive. It is a nice monitor though, no joke.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    DELL has better quality control and factory calibration on their U-series than ACER has on their budget and mid-range monitors. That said, very few actually care about RGB coverage being accurate and for that the ACER is probably a "just as good" choice. A big selling point for the DELLs (at least earlier on) was the extremely solid stands they were delivered with, along with the support and warranty. This is why they got so popular.

The 25" panel (which I believe comes from LG Display) is as Deltrus points out very cheap to produce. I'm sure ACER has a slightly lower bin on their panels, but if the warranty and support seems good to you, then I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard the Acer is the same panel (who knows if lower-binned or not) but just has less bells and whistles than the Dell. I know Remilia made sure I knew that Acer's higher-end monitors can actually be pretty decent quality... here's hoping the Acer Predator AHVA 144Hz 1440p monitor delivers.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    ACER has some nice high-end monitors that are aimed more towards enthusiasts. They have definitely upped their brand the past few years and will hopefully continue to do so. I still remember a time when ACER was known for their cheap and plastic laptops.

It is most likely the same panel. The one in the DELL U2515H is an AH-IPS panel (8 bit) from LG Display anyway. (Part number is LM250WQ1, then there is the SLA1 and the SSA1, probably down to binning or a specific feature. The SSA1 seems to have thinner bezels.) I have no clue if that's the same as the one in the ACER, but the specs are so similar my guess is that it is (introduced Q4 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    DELL has better quality control and factory calibration on their U-series than ACER has on their budget and mid-range monitors. That said, very few actually care about RGB coverage being accurate and for that the ACER is probably a "just as good" choice. A big selling point for the DELLs (at least earlier on) was the extremely solid stands they were delivered with, along with the support and warranty. This is why they got so popular.

The 25" panel (which I believe comes from LG Display) is as Deltrus points out very cheap to produce. I'm sure ACER has a slightly lower bin on their panels, but if the warranty and support seems good to you, then I'm sure you will be pleased with it.
    as someone with a dead bug UNDER the screen of my Dell monitor id have to question their quality control.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're the exact same panels. Some panels have thinner bezels to fit the manufacturer's need while others do not. LG's different revisions are marked at the end of the last 2 letters. So in this case LM250WQ#.
    You are correct in the SSA suffix being thin / "borderless".
    The suffix tends to be minor feature difference for the same panel.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-03-19 at 07:57 AM.

Also something nice about the Dell U2515H (coming from somebody who owns two of them).

Connections on these allow chaining of stuff for very little cable clutter near your PC. I have one DP and one USB3 coming out from PC chained into both monitors, with keyboard, gaming controller, mouse, powered speakers, external HDD and phone charging cable plugged into the monitor USB3 hubs. Could be a real winner for somebody using a laptop. I did it on desktop just because I could

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    as someone with a dead bug UNDER the screen of my Dell monitor id have to question their quality control.
    That really depends. If the place you're buying from has inadequate storing or just plain dumb luck, it is possible a bug going in and that's not to do with Dell. It really depends on the situation.

In terms of quality though, I'd go with Eizo of all of the manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Also something nice about the Dell U2515H (coming from somebody who owns two of them): Connections on these allow chaining of stuff for very little cable clutter near your PC. I have one DP and one USB3 coming out from PC chained into both monitors, with keyboard, gaming controller, mouse, powered speakers, external HDD and phone charging cable plugged into the monitor USB3 hubs. Could be a real winner for somebody using a laptop... I did it just because I could
    The DP Out/In MST daisy chaining is great feature that I wish more manufacturers would implement. A laptop generally only has one mini DisplayPort but having it allows up to 4x additional 1920x1080 monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    From what I've heard the Acer is the same panel (who knows if lower-binned or not) but just has less bells and whistles than the Dell. I know Remilia made sure I knew that Acer's higher-end monitors can actually be pretty decent quality... here's hoping the Acer Predator AHVA 144Hz 1440p monitor delivers.
    Theres a review of that monitor on TFTcentral and it delivered Should be my next monitor.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-03-19 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    That could have happened at any time during storage or shipping and has nothing to do with the quality of the monitor itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Theres a review of that monitor on TFTcentral and it delivered Should be my next monitor.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
    Currently have the ASUS ROG Swift and can return within 30 days with no questions asked pretty much, so depending on whether or not this monitor has any annoyances in that timeframe, I may or may not move to the Acer.

Then again one of those 34" LG or Dell curved or not curved 3440x1440 IPS 21:9 displays also really has my eyes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    That could have happened at any time during storage or shipping and has nothing to do with the quality of the monitor itself.
    Not everyone understands logic. =/
    "A flower.